Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Ramble

Image


Ben let me in and shut the door, then walked to his dresser to pull a black t-shirt over his head. "What's up?" he asked.
I twisted my hands behind my back before taking a deep, shaky breath. "I'm sorry."
"What?" he asked.
"I'm sorry for getting jealous about Jenna. I'm sorry for getting drunk with Will- both times. I'm sorry for letting him kiss me. I'm sorry for losing faith in you for a bad reason. I'm sorry that because of me, we broke up. I-"
Ben clamped a hand over my mouth, stopping my slew of apologies. "I get it," he said with a light laugh. "And I forgive you," he said with a grin.
I narrowed my eyes at him, and reached up to take his hand from my face. "Really? Just like that?"
"I happen to be extra forgiving when it comes to you," he said, putting his hands in his pockets. "Fancy a walk?" he asked, walking towards his shoes.
"No!" The way I had exclaimed surprised the both of us, and Ben slowly turned around to face me.
"What's wrong, Kaya?" he asked, slowly stepping closer to me.
"What do you mean?" I asked awkwardly. I couldn't say it.
"You're acting a bit..." His voice trailed off, and he shook his head. "Nothing," he said with a smile.
I knew what he meant. "Could you... Could you sit down?" I asked, gesturing towards the bed.
He eyed me for a brief moment, then sat down, watching me carefully.
"So," I started as I began to pace nervously, "you know that there's less than two weeks of shooting left, which means that everything gets all finished and wrapped up and stuff. And that also means..." My voice trailed off as my stomach flipped over and over.
"Ky-"
"Let me talk!" I interrupted loudly. Taking a deep breath, I played with my hands behind my back. "Sorry," I apologized. "It's just that if I don't say this now, I don't know if I ever will."
He nodded silently, seeming to understand.
"You and I have been through a lot together," I started, picking my words carefully. "You found out about Zeke, and I found out about Jenna. We met each others families, and we know almost everything about each other. To be honest, there's no one else in the world I feel more comfortable with than you." I forced myself to meet his eyes. "Ben, what I'm getting at here is..." I took a deep breath, squeezed my eyes shut, and shouted, "I still love you and I wish that you and I were back together, but I don't know if you feel the same way, and if you don't, that's okay, I'm just telling you how I feel because if I didn't, then I don't know if I would get another chance to, and I don't want to go through my whole life regretting that I lost my soul-mate!"
Silence.
Nervously, I cracked one eye open, then I opened them both.
Ben was sitting on the edge of the bed beaming at me. His eyes were watering, and one tear had spilled over and was running down his cheek.
"Oh, Ben," I sighed, hanging my head. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"
I was cut off when Ben lifted me high into the air, locking his hands beneath my butt. I attached my hands behind his neck for stability, my heart racing.
"You're so funny," he murmured, staring at me.
"Wh-what?" I stuttered awkwardly.
"I never fell out of love with you," he said quietly. "How could I?"
I could feel my own eyes start to water as tears built up. "So... Does that mean-"
Ben just laughed and lifted one hand to lock it behind my neck. Bringing us together, our lips collided in a passionate kiss.
I pushed him closer to me. It felt like no matter how close he was, he wasn't close enough. Tangling my hands in his long, unruly hair, I threw myself into the kiss we shared. The lips that I had missed so much mingled with mine with the same sense of urgency that I put into the kiss.
I detached myself from around him and pushed him down onto the bed, straddling his hips as I continued to kiss him. "I missed you so much," I whispered against his lips.
"We were so stupid," he said in agreement, wrapping his arms around my torso.
"Yeah," I laughed, and kissed the side of his neck, savoring the feel of him.
Ben rolled us over so he was hovering over me. Our bodies were so close that they might as well had been one being. Propping himself onto his elbows, he simply stared down at me. Bringing a hand forward, he lightly stroked my cheek. "I thought I would never see your beautiful face again after filming."
I flushed bright red, but smiled up at him. "Sorry Ben," was my answer, "you're stuck with me now."

Ben and I walked hand in hand down to the rived by the hotel. All I wanted to do was be right beside him and he happily obliged. Every few minutes, he would whisper, "I love you" so quietly that only I could hear.
Suddenly, a high pitched scream filled my ears.
"What was that?" I asked nervously.
Ben pulled me so I was standing behind him. "No clue."
A force crashed into me, tackling me to the ground. "Ow," I groaned, and opened my eyes.
Nikolai was hugging Ben so hard that it looked like Ben would explode. "Oh my gosh!" he exclaimed, squeezing my boyfriend. "I knew it!" he said as he released him. "I just knew it!" It seemed like just then he realized that I was laying in the dirt. "Oh," he said, looking down at me. "Kit-Kat!" he yelped, and grabbed my hands, easily pulling me to my feet. "Sorry, love," he said while smoothing down my hair.
"Is everything okay?" I asked him, my hand successfully seeking Ben's.
"I'm just happy," he said with a sigh and a smile on his face.
"That was you being happy?" Ben asked incredulously, his eyes wide.
"What, I can't be happy that my best friend in the world and her perfect prince are together again?" he asked rhetorically.
"Usually I get hugs, not tackles," I told Ben.
"Whoops," Nikolai said, and pulled me into a hug without breaking my hold on Ben. "I knew something was missing from our little back and forth here." He let me go and took a step back, surveying us. "I'm totally destroying the mood, aren't I?" he asked us, though the question was aimed at himself. "Then, I'm off to see the wizard!" he exclaimed, and started skipping away.
"What?" I said in confusion.
"I gotta pee!" Nikolai shouted back.
"Well, at least you can't say he keeps things from you," Ben teased.
"For the record," I said as we resumed our once leisurely walk, "you don't have to let me know when you have to go to the bathroom. I think I can handle that secret."
"Yes, but you see, now that you've said something about it, I have to," he answered, a coy smile tugging at his lips.
"Nah," I disagreed, leaning my head on his shoulder, "I think I'm good."
The two of us smiled to ourselves and continued our walk, simply enjoying each others company. We stopped beneath a beautiful willow tree and sat beneath the shade.
"I'm glad you said something," Ben said as he stretched my fingers gently.
"Me too," I replied happily. There was a permanent smile on my face.
"Though I have one more secret I think you should know."
I tilted my head up to see his face clearly. "What?" I asked suspiciously.
He swooped down and caught my lips for a brief, sweet kiss. "I love you," he whispered, "and I'm never letting you go again."
My smile widened and I nuzzled my head against his shoulder. For the first time in my life, everything was absolutely and completely perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! They're finally back together, and I know you've all been really patient, so thank you! I really hope that you guys like this chapter, just because of the reuniting bit. Oh, and because of Nikolai, just because, well, he's Nikolai.
My laptop is still broken. Okay, then gave it back but they forgot to fix part of it, so I had to send it back, and they're still working on it. Boo.
Anyway, I want to thank the wonderful people who commented!
CallusedSilk (Sleep walking is fun until you wake up outside in your jammies.) (She also made this beautiful banner!)
winddancerx17 (Yay! You came to join us nerds! Bask in the Doctor's awesomeness!)
TuckYou
Disa616
Fire_head
ATL Obsess
Your comments really make me happy and they're my primary motivation to keep writing, so thank you so much!
And thank you to everyone who reads and subscribes!!
-Kari