Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Departure

Image

I woke up the next morning to sun shining directly in my eyes. With a frustrated groan, I rolled onto my side, and knocked my nose against another. Squinting slightly, I saw Ben's sleeping face just inches from my own. A small smile spread across my face at the sight of him, and I snuggled into him for just a moment before I froze.
Our bare legs touched, and Ben's forearm was pressed against my breasts. Then every thought from the previous night came back to me.
Instead of laying there and savoring my position, I rolled right out of bed, hitting the ground with a loud 'thump'. I froze, my heart racing. Peeking over the side of the bed, I saw Ben still sound asleep. Breathing a sigh of relief, I crawled around the bed and to the bathroom. I ran right in and shut the door quietly, leaning against it heavily. "Oh, my gosh," I whispered, wrapping my arms around myself. My whole body was tingling with the thought of Ben touching every inch of me. Sucking in my bottom lip, I shivered as I stepped into the shower, turning on the hot water.
I had sex with Ben last night. Sex. And it was fun! But for some reason, I couldn't stop shaking despite the hot water raining down on me.
The door clicked open softly, but loud enough for me to hear it. "Ky?"
Instinctively, I covered myself with my arms. "Yeah?"
Ben paused for a short moment. "What are you up to?"
"Showering," I said slowly. "You?"
"Can I join you?"
I hardly realized my arms falling to my sides as I processed his request. There was no reason not to allow my fiance to step in behind me. He had already seen my naked body and had me in my most vulnerable state. I took a quiet, deep breath and said, "Only if we can shower."
Ben pulled back the ugly yellow curtain and stepped into the standard shower behind me.
I immediately turned around to face the wall, and grabbed my shampoo with shaky hands.
A warm hand rested on my waist, and I could feel Ben's front pushing against my back. His free hand took the shampoo from my hands, and within seconds, he was massaging my head, working it into a soapy lather.
I shivered and a sly grin spread across my face as I turned around. Keeping my eyes above his waist, I took the shampoo from its place on the floor and poured a bit in my hands, then started it rubbing it into Ben's hair.
He simply gazed down at me, a smile fixed on his face. His hands had slowed to a point where they were barely moving. "If we keep this up, we won't be showering for much longer," he murmured, his voice low and husky.
"We better hurry up," I replied, fixing a soapy mohawk on Ben's head. "Your flight is at two."
Ben groaned childishly and blinked repeatedly as if batting his eyelashes at me. "I want you to come with me," he pouted.
"About that," I started, turning back around to put my head under the hot water, "I've been thinking. I was really being selfish about it. When I get home, I'm going to talk to Veronica. If it's still okay with you..." I took a deep breath and rinsed the shampoo from my hair. "Does the offer still stand?"
Ben put his arms around my waist, squeezing me tightly. "Of course," he muttered. He kissed my cheek and sighed into the crook of my neck.
I smiled and leaned against him, smiling. My bliss was short-lived, however, because I flt a bulge growing against my lower back. "Hey, now," I scolded, stepping forward. "Knock that off. We don't have time to-"
His arms returned around my waist and he breathed into my ear. "Oh, come on," he cooed lowly. "I don't know when I'll see my beautiful fiancee again," he pouted. "We'll be separated by an entire ocean."
I wrinkled my nose, but leaned into him anyway. "Fine."
Ben laughed and his arms released me, but a single hand started drifting down my stomach. "Don't act like it's a punishment," he whispered.
Biting my lip, my whole body was set on fire. I suddenly ached for Ben's touch, all sense of modesty gone.
His large, rough hand reached its destination, making me shudder. Ben laughed, clearly satisfied by his victory. With that, he spun me around, and the next hour was filled with some things that I really shouldn't talk about.

My hair still damp, I walked down to the fifth floor where Nikolai's room was. I knocked on the door, and rocked back and forth on my heels as I waited for my friend to open the door.
The door swung open, and Nikolai stepped into the hallway, all six feet of him towering over me.
"Hi!" I greeted happily, waving.
He narrowed my eyes at me. "You had sex."
I could feel my cheeks instantly turn red. "How did you-"
"Sweetie, it's all over your face." He lifted his pale hand and stroked my cheek with his index finger. "I'm going to miss you."
Sadness set in at the realization that this would be the last time I would see Nikolai in... I don't even know. "Me too," I murmured.
He leaned down and wrapped his arms around my torso, groaning against my hair.
"It's not like we'll never talk," I said, putting my own arms around him. "We can call and text, and chat online and-"
Nikolai spun us around so my back was flush against the door.
"What are you-"
He lifted me up, locking his arms underneath my butt so he was standing between my legs.
"One last awesome hug?" I laughed, now looking down at my friend. I couldn't help but think that if I were in this position with Ben, it would mean something completely different than this harmless embrace.
"Ky... I love you." His eyes looked so sad, like a puppy that knew its owners weren't coming back to get him.
"I love you too, Nik."
Then his lips were on mine.
My head knocked against the door as Nik's lips roughly forced themselves on mine. I moaned, not in pleasure, but in protest, but the only answer I received was Nikolai's tongue slipping through my lips.
One of his hands squeezed my butt, and a yelp sounded from me. What is he doing?!
I punched Nikolai's shoulder once, and that was all it took to make him release me. "Don't forget me," he panted, leaning his forehead against mine as he set me back on the floor.
My shock and anger turned to sympathy as I saw his face morph into worry. "That was all because you were scared that I'd forget you?" I asked quietly.
Nikolai just pouted his lips.
Taking his face in between my hands, I placed one, brief kiss on his lips. "You are impossible to forget," I assured him.
"Good," he said childishly, and stepped back. "So," he said, straightening, and clearly wanting to avoid conversation about the kisses, "what are your plans for the rest of the day?"
"Well, Ben's flight leaves at two, and mine doesn't leave until four, so I guess I'll be bumming around the airport for a while," I said with a shrug.
"So if a certain best friend were to accompany you to the airport, would you have a problem with that?" he asked, extending a hand to me.
With a grin, I took his hand, lacing our fingers together. "I would love it."

"Is this ever going to end?" Nikolai groaned.
Ignoring Nikolai, I tightened my grip around Ben's neck.
The three of us were standing right outside of security at the airport. Ben had his bags checked, and it was time to say goodbye. However, the two of us were reluctant to leave each other.
"Now, remember that I won't be home for a couple of days. I have a couple of layovers," Ben said, rolling his eyes slightly.
"Will you have your phone on you?" I asked.
He nodded. "It's got international coverage."
"Lucky," I grumbled. I had to get a phone specifically for New Zealand.
"I suppose I should get going," Ben said, looking over at a clock on the wall.
"No," I groaned loudly.
"Don't worry," he said with a smile. "We'll see each other soon enough." He kissed me, a long, lingering kiss that left me wanting more, but he pulled away before I could so much as tangle my fingers in his hair.
"I'll miss you," I assured him.
"I'm going to miss you too," he replied. "Call me when you get home, okay?"
I nodded and kissed him one more time.
"Okay, okay, that's enough," Nikolai said, grabbing onto the collar of my shirt.
"Take care of her for me, mate," Ben said, grinning at Nikolai.
"Love to," Nikolai said with a smile as he flung an arm around my shoulders.
"Bye," I said, waving to Ben. "I love you!"
Ben's smile stretched wider. "I love you, too," he said, and before Nikolai could shoo him away, he walked through security, disappearing from sight.
I sighed and leaned into Nikolai. "There goes my fiance," I told him.
"Screw him," Nikolai said, squeezing me. "What are we gunna do for two hours?"
After an uneventful two hours, Nikolai said a loud goodbye (causing a scene which involved him proposing, therefore drawing a crowd, and me saying yes just because I felt pressured to), and I boarded the plane with a sense of loss of leaving my best friend, but a sense of anticipation to get back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off, I have two apologies. The first is that I'm very sorry for not posting in so long. This being the last semester of college, it's a bit hectic. Second, I'm sorry that this chapter isn't too long. Honestly, I wanted to give you something to read, and I wrote this, and though I like it, I don't like the length of it. Oh well, I'll try again next time.
Thank you to everyone who commented!
CallusedSilk
My_Selfish_Romance
music4life_life4all
TuckYou
CaspianIsMyHomeboy (Banner maker!)
Ice Cat
MyXBloodyXRomance
PrincesssofDarknesss
Thank you to everyone who reads/supports this story! You guys are awesome!
-Kari