Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Drunken Morning

It was well after two o'clock in the morning when Ben walked me back to my apartment. We stood in front of the door, me playing with my keys nervously and swaying from the alcohol, and Ben shifting his weight from one leg to another.
After a few more moments of total silence (besides the faint jingling of my keys), I finally said, "Thanks for walking me home, you didn't have to."
Ben looked up at me instead of the ground and gave me a toothy grin. "I know where you live," he said, and his eyelids started to droop closed. "Now I can send you flowers."
I chuckled, and realized that I was grossly under-affected by alcohol, unlike Ben. "How are you getting home tonight, Ben?" I asked, turning slightly so I could slip my key into the lock.
"My car is at the bar," he slurred, then his eyes widened and he said loudly, "Hey, that rhymed!"
The door squeaked as I swung the door open. "You are in no shape to drive yourself home," I told him. "Come on in for a minute, I'll call you a cab." I walked into my apartment and tossed my purse and keys on the table by the door, and took off my hoodie to fling it on the kitchen counter. A burp came from the doorway, causing me to turn around. Ben was still standing halfway in the hallway, leaning against the door frame. "It's okay, you can come in."
He grinned at me, then shoved his hands deep into his jeans pockets. "You're so pretty, Kaya," he said, swaying and catching himself.
I flushed red and walked to him, taking his arm. He slightly dragged his feet, effectively tripping over them as I led him into the living room and literally pushed him onto the couch. "Stay put," I told him, shaking one index finger at his face.
"Kaya," he groaned, sitting up and snatching my finger. He leaned back, pulling me down with him, putting us in a fairly awkward situation. His arm was limply around my waist, pressing my body against the side of his so I wouldn't fall onto the ground. Our faces were directly in front of each other, and his hand that was still gripping my finger was trapped between our chests. "You're so pretty," he said again, smiling and releasing a wave of horrible breath onto my face.
The moral battle in my head raged as I stared at his gorgeous brown eyes that were hiding slightly behind his fluttering lids. I wanted to kiss him so bad, but not when he was drunk on my couch. "Ben," I said sternly, using my free hand to prop myself up, "let me go."
He sighed and released me, sending me toppling to the carpeted ground. "You're so..." He wasn't able to finish his sentence. His eyes closed and sleep took over.
Standing up, I stared down at the gorgeous unconscious man and smiled. "You're the pretty one," I told him, gently sweeping his brown locks from his face. After a minute or two of studying his features, burning his image into my memory, I went into my bedroom and tore the blanket from my bed, and returned to the black couch to cover Ben. I took off his shoes, which was slightly difficult because he was obviously having a dream that involved him running somewhere. Eventually, I unbuttoned his white shirt, leaving him in a thin white undershirt, jeans and his socks. Pulling myself away from admiring him some more, I went into my bedroom and shut the door.
I changed into my sweatpants and tank top, and got into bed, grimacing at the thought that I'd be freezing in the morning, given the fact that Ben had my blanket and all I had was a sheet. Checking my phone, I saw a text from Veronica- "Jonah says hi! Call me when you get up! <3"- and I quickly replied so I could drift off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always appreciated!