Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Apologetic Breakfast.

I awoke to something heavy covering my whole body. I forced my eyes open, frowning at the headache that was beginning to pound in my head, and turned.
Ben was standing above my bed, an apologetic smile on his face as he placed the thick blanket on me, tucking it around me. "You were shivering," he whispered.
I stretched and grabbed the blanket, pulling it to my chin. I stayed silent, only thinking about how warm and tired I was, and turned onto my side, away from Ben.
"I'm sorry," he whispered.
I was already asleep.
When I finally woke up, the headache already gone, the clock flashed 9:30 in the morning. I sat up and rubbed my eyes with my palms as I walked out of the room and into the living room. I stopped short when I saw a whole spread of breakfast food in front of me, covering every inch of the bar that doubled as a table.
"Good morning."
My feet padded softly against the linoleum floor as I went to Ben's side. He was standing over the stove, flipping a pancake with a spatula. "Did you make all this?" I asked sleepily.
He nodded and started to pile pancakes onto a large serving plate. "It's a thank you for letting me crash here last night when I was stinking drunk," he told me, beckoning me to follow him into the living room. I obliged, watching his bare feet as they walked across the floor. The next thing I knew, he was forcing me to sit on the couch, right across from a set spot on the coffee table. "What can I get for you?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck.
"You made me food," I observed, still shocked at how nice the gesture was.
He laughed. "You need caffeine," he informed me. "Coffee? Tea?"
"There should be some Mountain Dew in the fridge," I said, leaning back and hugging a white pillow.
Ben chuckled and walked away, muttering something that sounded like "adorable."
I disappeared into my bedroom, hiding my blushing from him, and went to my bed where the phone that was partly under my pillow rang a generic ring tone. I rushed to it and cracked it open, smiling when I saw Veronica's number.
"Kaya, darling!" she said loudly, letting me hear the smile in her voice.
"Good morning, my favorite sister," I replied, walking back into the living room, watching Ben pour the green-yellow soda into a glass.
"How's England?" she asked giddily. "Are people being nice to you? Any hot guys?"
"Kaya," Ben said in a sing-song voice, turning with the soda in his hand. "Oh," he said softly upon seeing me on the phone, "sorry."
I waved at him, and held up one finger to tell him that I just needed a minute. "Was that a guy's voice?" Veronica shrieked. "Do you have a guy over already?" She didn't sound horrified; she was proud.
Groaning, I sat on the couch, bringing my knees to my chin. "Can we talk later?" I asked. "I'm a little busy right now."
"You better call me back, or else you'll make Jonah cry!" she threatened.
"Okay, okay!" I said loudly, getting frustrated. "I'll talk to you later for sure," I promised.
"'Kay, bye!"
"Bye."
I closed the phone and took the soda that Ben was holding out to me. "Thanks," I said, taking a sip and grinning as I felt the caffeine rush through my system.
"I didn't know what you wanted, so I just made a bit of everything." He took a step to his right to reveal a plate piled high with some of my favorite breakfast foods.
"Aren't you going to eat anything?" I asked, starting to drool a little at the sight of the food.
"One step ahead of you," he said as he sat next to me, bringing his plate closer to him.
"You didn't have to do this," I told him, as I bit into a large strawberry.
"You didn't have to let a drunk guy stay here last night," he retorted, munching on a crunchy piece of bacon. "This is merely a thank you for not kicking me out or letting me drive home.
"Seriously, Ben, you were in no condition to go home, and it was no trouble at all that you crashed on the couch. I used to do it all the time at my sister's house."
"Yeah, but Veronica is your sister, not some strange guy."
"Okay, you may be strange," I started, knocking his knee with mine, "but you're not a complete stranger. I know you."
His smile nearly melted me. "You're a wonderful person, Kaya," he told me, holding my gaze.
I felt the blush crawl up my face, so I turned my attention back to my food, and decided on a pancake.
"Hey Kaya," he said, leaning down to try to catch my eye again, "you're blushing again."
"Shush!" I snapped playfully, and drenched my pancake in maple syrup.
He chuckled at went to work on his own pancake.
"You know," I started, still working on my pancake, "you never told any of us last night what movie you got your role in."
"I was having too much fun. I was happy to see you." He paused, and out of the corner of my eye I saw his knife and fork freeze in mid-air. "Anyway," he continues, picking up another piece of bacon, "I'm a prince."
"And you're also very modest," I teased.
"I'll take that as a compliment, Kaya. No, I'm playing Prince Caspian in the next Narnia movie."
I froze, my knife and fork falling from my grip and onto the ground.
"Ky?"
I turned and grabbed his shoulders, forcing him to face me. "That's the movie I'm doing makeup for!" I shouted, still not clear as to why I was so excited.
His grin spread. "This is amazing!" He pulled me into a hug, causing me to tense up when his warm breath hit my neck. He pulled back, but remained close. "Who are you doing makeup for?"
It was my turn to smile as I replied with, "the five leads."
His brown eyes lit up. "You'll be stuck with me," he teased.
I simply smiled, and thought to myself, fine by me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writers block stinks. I'll try to get one more up today! Oh, and thank you for the fabulous comments!