Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

New Zealand.

I arrived in New Zealand four hours before Ben did, in order to attend a series of mandatory meetings. Although Ben tried to get our plane ride at the same time, the studio wouldn't let him because of the flights that had already been booked.
I sat with my head down on my black messenger bag that contained my iPod and some books outside of the small hotel that first unit was staying in. The mountains looked so majestic, and I truly felt like I was in a new land. Although they were grey and mostly snow covered, they were still gorgeous. The scent of the clear, blue ocean that was mere yards away wafted towards me, calming all of my senses. I sighed and relaxed my muscles.
"Kaya?"
With an unhappy groan I sat up, tearing my eyes from the beautiful view. A tall, muscular blond stood across the table, leaning against it with closed fists. He wore a black t-shirt with some sort of band logo on it and a pair of faded dark blue jeans. "Hey," he said, lowering himself a bit, "I'm Will."
"Yeah, I know," I replied. "No, sorry, that sounded weird, I just meant-"
He laughed and sat down across from me. "It's okay, I can see the makeup manual under your arms. Jenny sent me over to bring you to the set. They're doing..." He stared off into space for a minute. "I don't know what they're doing, all I know is that they need you."
I sighed and stood up, pulling my bag onto my shoulder. "It was nice to meet you," I told him, and turned around to head towards the set. Then it occurred to me that I didn't know where the set was.
"Um, Kaya?" he said in his deepening voice from behind me. "You don't know where it is, do you?"
I turned to face him and smiled sheepishly. "Its the big building that says 'set'?"
He laughed and walked to my side, and gestured with his hand for me to follow him, so I fell into step with him. "So, you're from the States?" he asked, attempting to make friendly conversation.
"Yeah, straight from New York," I said, moving slightly off the rough gravel path to make room for a chipmunk that ran past.
"I like New York," he said, then cast a sidewards glance at me, "girls throw themselves at me there."
I gawked at him in disbelief.
He laughed and said, "I'm totally kidding, Kaya."
"Oh, ha," I replied uncomfortably.
"Sorry," he said sincerely, "I didn't mean to make an ass of myself. I'm really not all that funny."
"It's okay, Will, er, William." I tripped on a loose rock and stumbled, catching myself before his hands could.
"It's Will. And are you okay?" He put his hand on my back, causing my muscles to tense and my face to flush.
Nodding quickly and stepping from his touch, I pointed at a tall, wide, white building. "Is that the set?"
"Yeah," he said. "Hey, come here," he said, grabbing my elbow. He led me to a row of golf carts. "Care for a ride?"
"Sure," I said, not knowing where I was anyway. I slid into the passengers seat and Will sat next to me, and stuck a key in from his key-chain. The small engine started and he peeled out of the spot. "How fast can this thing go?"
"A miraculous 48 kilometers an hour," he said sarcastically, making a sharp turn, causing me to grab onto the roof.
"What's that in American?"
He chuckled. "That's right, I forgot that you're a Yankee. Its roughly 30 miles per hour."
"Don't call me a Yankee," I told him.
"Sorry there, Kaya."
"So where are you taking me to?"
"The cafeteria. That's where everyone is."
"Everyone being... Who?"
He shrugged and pulled up to a big black door, and jumped out, dashing to my side and offering me his hand. "Cast and crew."
My heart started beating faster as he took my hand to help me down. Ben was in there. Ben! Okay, so I know that we had only been apart for about seven hours, but... I don't know. I'd never felt this way.
"I'll get your bag," he said, taking the bag and putting it over his shoulder and opening the door for me.
"Chivalry isn't dead after all," I commented, flashing him a smile as I walked past.
He chuckled and fell into step next to me.
Rows of dark brown tables ranged for thirty yards, and nearly all the seats were filled with eating people. There was a row of white tables against the far wall that were piled with food. The ceiling was super high, and small white lights hung every few feet, dimly illuminating the large room.
"Hungry?" Will asked, and when I nodded, he walked in front of me to a table where I recognized the rest of the original Narnia cast were sitting. "Kaya," he started, putting my bag on the table in front of an empty seat, "this is Anna," he gestured to her, and she waved with a smile, a fork between her fingers, "Skandar," he said, pointing to the black haired boy who was asleep, "and Georgie." She grinned waved frantically.
"It's so great to meet you!" she exclaimed. "Who, who is she, Will?" she asked, tucking her light brown hair behind her ear.
"She's our new makeup girl," he said, sitting down and patting the seat next to him. "She's from the States."
"Hi," I said, scanning all of their faces as I sat, "I'm Kaya." I smiled, then looked around the room, trying to see if Ben was even there.
That was when that familiar laugh hit my ears, and my day immediately improved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the support and the comments! =] You guys are awesome.