Status: Completed

Runs in the Family

School Day.

"We're sorry, you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try your call again. Thank you."

I groaned furiously and closed my cell phone shut. Of course his old cell phone number was no longer in service, I just figured he would reinstall it once he got back. I glared at the road for a second and then turned around and stomped my way towards the house.

"DAD!" I shouted as soon as I stepped into the house.

I was beyond angry at Bronx, how could he just no show up? Then again he was human, we never keep our promises.

"Why aren't you at school?" Ryan questioned walking down the stairs in his robe.

I glared at him unable to control my emotions.

"He forgot to pick me up." I spoke through gritted teeth as I looked down at my feet.

There a bit of silence then I heard the sound of keys and Ryan laughing, I grunted and walked out the door as Ryan followed obviously very amused. I leaned against the car and waited for Ryan to open up the car, if he didn't hurry up I was probably going to be late for school.

Once Ryan opened the car I got in waiting impatiently. My anger still hadn't gone away.

"Don't worry you still have twenty minutes." Ryan told me as he turned the car on.

"Yeah and twenty minutes pass by really fast when there's traffic."

Ryan rolled his eyes at me and turned on the radio, probably to stop me from talking. I looked out the window and crossed my arms over my chest.

"He probably ran into something." Ryan sighed and patted my head.

"He could have called." I mumbled. Sure I was overreacting and making this a much more bigger thing than it really was but Bronx had a way with things, he always ended up disappointing me one way or another and it was really starting to bug me.

"She's so much like Rachel." I heard Ryan mumbled quietly under his breath.

I looked at Ryan just as he began to back away from the driveway. "Who's Rachel?" I asked him curiously.

The name was familiar, I had heard Brendon mentioned it, though I hadn't really been paying attention back then.

"Huh?"

"You said She's so much like Rachel, who's Rachel?" I asked again.

"Rachel is uh... she was an old friend, you remind me a lot of her." He told me with a small nod.

"Oh, where is she now?"

"She uh... she's somewhere probably traveling the world, she always wanted to do that."

"She seems cool, if you ever meet up with her, tell me."

Ryan looked at me and smiled, it was a sad smile that I didn't understand it almost made me believe that what he had just told me was a complete lie.

"She is cool, I'll be sure to remember."

Ten minutes later I got out of the car and waved bye to Ryan. I sighed in annoyance, I only had four minutes to make it to class before the bell rang.

- - -

“I just don’t understand why they would cast Lisa as Juliet, I mean she’s all wrong for the part.” Victoria continued to talk.

“Yeah, I think you would have been a better Juliet than her.” I told her with a hint of encouragement.

Victoria was one of my few acquaintances, we had drama together and she always got the leading roles until recently Lisa started getting them, which was crazy because Victoria's amazingly talented and could totally just blow everybody’s mind with the emotions she presented onto the stage.

“Thanks Amelia. I guess I’m just not the type Mr. Rogue is looking for.”

“He’s an idiot.” I sighed as I grabbed a pizza and made my way towards the ‘drama table’ which was basically were all the drama nerds sat at.

“He really is.” Victoria mumbled and sat and I took the seat in front of her.

“This just blows guys.” Caitlin spoke as soon as we sat down.

“I mean Lisa and her friends always get the good parts.” She finished.

“Yeah because Lisa’s mom is fucking the teacher.” Adie concluded

“No she’s not! Mr. Rogue is married.” I exclaimed.

“I swear it’s true!” Adie protested and took a sip from her juice.

“Actually Amelia, it makes a lot of sense. I mean all of a sudden Lisa, Courtney and Annabelle started getting the big roles, instead of… well us.”

“It does.” Caitlin agreed nodding her head.

I really didn’t know what to think, I knew Lisa’s mom was single and had been around the block quite a bit that was normal for desperate divorcees in a community where looks and appearances came before family. Nobody ever wanted to feel unworthy of something or someone.

Mr. Rogue was a whole different story. He was like the perfect example of how to be the right dad, he had even talked to my parents about it, though Brendon was really not fond of his visit probably because Ryan turned out to the strong parent in the relationship.

“If Bronx was here, he would have done something about this!” Adie exclaimed, still very annoyed and angered about the whole ‘Romeo and Juliet’ situation.

“No he wouldn’t have, you know why? Because Bronx just does what’s best for him and he never does anything he says he will. He’s just a guy who likes attention and cares more about his music career than his own family and friends.” I blabbed angrily. His name had really done it for me.

The table had gone silent, I looked at Victoria who was smiling with amusement.

“What?” I asked her.

She giggled and pointed behind me, I raised and eyebrow and turned around to meet a stomach, I looked up at saw Bronx looking down at me. I glared at him and turned back around, I wasn’t in the mood to talk to him.

“Welcome back Bronx!” Adie spoke happily.

“Shh. I’m not supposed to be here, since you know I don’t go here anymore.”

“Then why don’t you leave?” I asked him and took a bite of my pizza.

“Because your dad told me you were pissed off when I managed to get my car to work again.”

“You could have called.” I mumbled.

“With what? I was in the highway! With speeding cars.”

I sighed and gave up. There was no point in being angry at him. It wasn’t his fault that his car broke down out of the blue.

“Now lets go because the movie is going to start in thirty minutes.” He told me as he placed both his hands on my shoulders.

“What?” I asked confused as I stood up.

“Don’t worry your dad called in that he was going to pick you up at lunch, so lets go.”

“Uh..”

“Nice seeing you crew! Party this weekend be there.” Bronx told the table and took my backpack and dragged me out of the cafeteria.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it took me some time.
I was at my dad's house and unfortunately he has no Internet.

Hope you liked it. =]