Status: Completed

Runs in the Family

Tell Me,

Tuesday came along, as well as Wednesday, Thursday too, and finally Friday had arrived. I had woken up that morning with a queasy stomach. I got ready and went to school hoping the feeling would pass, but it didn’t and it hasn’t.

“Are you okay?” Brendon asks as he sits next to me on the couch.

“Yeah I’m perfectly fine, why do you ask?” I ask trying to seem calm as I crack my fingers.

“You look very pale and nervous, and like you’re going to pass out.” He says sounding concerned.

“I’m perfectly fine.” I repeat and stare at the TV waiting for Bronx to arrive.

“I think you should stay home.”

“No, there’s nothing wrong dad, I promise.” I look at him with a smile.

He sighs as he gives up and kisses the top of my head. “I love you, you know that and you know you can tell me anything that’s going on.”

“Dad,” I say in a warning tone.

“I’m just saying Amelia, you can tell me anything.”

“I know.” I reply and look back at the television screen.

Brendon kisses the top of my head one more time and walks way leaving me all alone in the living room.

I look at the clock hanging on the wall, I begging to tap my fingers against my thigh feeling my heart rate increase, Bronx was going to be here any minute and to be honest I was nervous and worried. What if I did find out who my real dad was? What if neither of them was my real father and that I was actually adopted? Would I be able to handle the truth? What if my mom was actually alive and the only reason she didn’t want to see me was because I remind her of something that never existed? Would I be disappointed or pleased to know the truth?

“Amelia?”

“Yes dad?” I ask Brendon as I keep staring at the television.

“Bronx is here.”

I take in a big deep breath and try to relax my nerves. I exhale and stand up taking my purse from the floor.

“I’ll see you later dad.” I tell Brendon and walk out of the house; I walk to Bronx’s car and get in.

“Are you feeling alright?” Bronx asks as soon as he sees me.

“Just a bit nervous,” I mumble and try to regulate my heart beat.

“Just don’t think about it, okay? In the end whatever you find out is going to be a good thing.”

I nod and close my eyes, Bronx was right I don’t have to be worrying about anything it’s not like I was going to some kind of dance competition.

A couple of minute’s later Bronx parks in front his parents’ house. I take in a deep breath once more and calm myself down.

“Hello Mr. Wentz.” I greet him as I walk past him.

“You know you can call me Pete, Amelia. “

“I know but it seems more appropriate to call you that when I greet you, and then after that I can call you Pete.” I smile as the three of us walk into the dining room, where Ashlee is setting up the plates.

“So glad you came Amelia.”

“Thanks for having me.” I replied and took a sit across from Bronx, as Ashlee and Pete sat at the endings of the table.

We begin to eat dinner and I begging to wonder how I’m going to bring up the topic, what should I say? Should I ask straight up? Or wait for Bronx to say something.

“How’s school going Amelia?” Pete asks.

“It’s going great, very excited about graduation.” I respond politely.

“Are you excited for prom as well?” Ashlee questions.

“Yeah absolutely,” I reply with enthusiasm.

“Who are you planning on going with?”

“Not sure yet, I do have a couple of weeks to figure that out though.” I nod with a smile.

“By the way the meal is delicious.”

Ashlee smiles and continues to eat. I look at Bronx, he nods his head and I shake mine. I didn’t want to ask, it would be too awkward.

“Amelia has something she would like to say.” Bronx says as he looks at me with an encouraging smile.

“No I don’t.” I shake my head as I feel my face going hot.

“Dad, you’re pretty good friends with Brendon and Ryan right?” Bronx asks.

“Yes I am.”

“And you knew them for some time before Amelia was born, and-“

“What are you trying to get at Bronx?” Pete asks sounding a bit angry.

“You know who her father is and she has a right to know.”

“I do know, but it’s not my business to say.”

“But I have a right to know don’t I?” I ask looking at Pete.

He looks down at his plate of food and then looks back up at me.

“Yes you do, but not from me.”

“But you’re my godfather, unless you don’t want to tell me because I’m adopted.”

“You’re not adopted Amelia, but you shouldn’t be looking for answers where you’re not supposed to. Brendon and Ryan will tell you when the time is right.”

“What if they don’t? Will you tell me?”

“If they don’t tell you by the time you graduate, I will.” Pete sighs.

“Thank you.” I murmur.

Bzzz…bzzz…bzzz

“Sorry.” Bronx apologizes as he stands up and takes his cell phone out of his pocket.

“Hey, I’m kind of busy.” He says in a low voice.

“I know, I know I’m sorry.” I could still hear him from the hall.

I hear him laugh and then whisper something I can’t hear. I pick up my glass of water and take a sip feeling a bit awkward.

“I’ll make it up to you, I promise.”

“Nothing, just a family thing, that’s all.” Bronx says with a small laugh.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“Bye.”

Bronx returns to the table with a small smile.

“Dinner was delicious mom.” Bronx says standing up and picking up his plate.

“Yes it was thank you.” I say and do the same as Bronx.

I follow him into the kitchen and put my plate and tableware in the sink.

“I’ll guess we’ll have to wait a couple of months.” Bronx says leaning against the sink.

“Yeah, but at least we’ll know for sure.” I reply.

“I should take you home.”

I nod with a small smile feeling a bit odd.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter six will probably be up later on today.
I promise I will update a lot for this story.