Status: Completed

Runs in the Family

Phone Call.

With each step I took, the more my heart stung. The whole conversation played in my head minute after minute. I began to slow down as my feet began to ache, I take in a deep breath trying to calm myself down but I only begin to sob harder remembering the words Brendon had said 'I never wanted her, how could he have called himself my dad all these years when he knew in his heart he didn't really love me.

I bring my hands to my face and begin to wipe away the tears, I take a couple of more steps and sit on the curb, and stare at the ground feeling miserable.

I look up at the orange and purple sky, the sun was beginning to fade away under the ocean, I take out my cell phone which I had turned off knowing Ryan was going to call. I turn it on, it makes a beeping sound and notice all the missed calls, voice mails, and text messages, not just from Ryan but from Pete, Ashlee, and Bronx. I sigh feeling horrible for just running away thinking no one loved me, when in fact I had more love than one person needed.

I call Ryan, praying to God he wasn't angry at me.

"Oh my God Amelia! Are you okay? I was so worried!" Ryan answered in a worried and frantic voice as the first ring tone.

"I'm sorry for running away Ryan, I just didn't know what to do and I didn't want to believe what I had heard and I know you love me like a real daughter, and I love you like a real dad and I didn't mean to hurt you." I ramble as fresh tears make their way out of my eyes.

"No, I'm sorry Amelia it's all my fault, I knew we should have told you a long time about this, and it wasn't right the way you found out, you had all the right in the world run the way you did, don't be sorry for something that isn't your fault." Ryan told me in a shaky voice, telling me he was crying too.

"Can I come home?" I ask in a whisper.

"What are you talking about? Of course you can, just tell me where you are and I'll go pick you up right away."

I look at the street names and tell Ryan and hang just as the soon gave its last rays of daylight. I stand up from the curb as I see Ryan's car approach, he stops right in front of me and gets out of the car running to me, and embraces me in a hug.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." He whispers into my ear.

I close my eyes and hug him tight remembering all those nights when he would tuck me into bed, and I would beg him to read me a bed time story and, he would read to me until I fell asleep. I remember all those times when he would go on tour and I would cry begging him to take me with him, but he always told me to look up at the stars because he would be looking up at them missing me too.

It didn't matter that he wasn't my flesh and blood, he was my dad and nobody would take that away from me.

"Lets go home." He tells me as he wipes his eyes.

I nod and get into the car, we drive the five miles to our house, and as we arrive I notice that Brendon's car is gone.

"Where's Brendon?" I ask Ryan as we walk into the house.

Ryan sighs looking sad, "I asked him to leave."

"Y-You what?"

"I told him to leave-" Ryan's lips shook as if he were going to start crying.

"You don't have to explain." I tell him, I could tell he didn't want to talk about it.

"You should get some rest, you don't have to go to school tomorrow if you don't want to."

"I think I'm going to sleep in." I reply in a low voice and hug him one more time."

"Good night." He whispered kissing the top of my head.

I smile weakly and walk down the hall, and into my bedroom turning on the light. I close the door and sit at the edge of my bed I take out my cell phone from my pocket and dial Bronx's number.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" Bronx's worried voice answers.

"I'm at home with Ryan." I answer in a low voice.

"I guess you were right." Bronx speaks after a minute of silence.

"No, you were right." I reply.

"We were both right." He says.

"I've missed talking to you." I whisper

"Me too, I've just been busy with-"

"With Lisa, I know that's all she talks about." I cut him off

"I'm sorry I haven't been there like a best friend is supposed to, but I've been working on something special."

"Special?"

"It's also a secret, and just to be clear about Lisa, I've only seen her three time this past month, don't believe everything she says."

"I wouldn't have to if you would answer your phone once in a while." I tease, smiling a little.
"I know, I'm sorry but I just really want to finish this project of mine."

"Which I'm guessing you're not going to tell me until you're done with it."

"Correct you are." He answers with a small chuckle.

"I'm glad you're doing okay Amelia, I was really worried when Ryan called my dad and told him what had happened, and you weren't answering my phone calls-" Bronx let out a sigh.

"Sorry, but I'm glad you tried calling over and over again."

"So, are you going to prom?" Bronx asks changing the subject.

"Actually, yeah I am. I'm going with Jerry."

"I was afraid you were going to say that, now I'm stuck with Lisa."

"What do you mean stuck?"

"Well I promised her that if I didn't go with you, then I would go with her so thanks a lot Amelia." He says in a playful tone.

"That's what you get for not calling." I giggle.

"I've learned my lesson. I have to get back to my project, but I promise to call you tomorrow."

"You better."
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry about the long wait, but here it is at 1:30 in the morning!
I promise to start writing chapter 9 tomorrow, and hopefully finish it and post it. :]