Summer Days, Oh, Our Wasted Ways

.10

Epilogue

Catherine lay down on her bed and looked at the ceiling. She sighed and looked at the picture she held in her hand. It was her, Elouise, Matthew, Mitchel, Taylor, and Nathan. They were having a bonfire the night before she left. They all had our cups and smores.

Catherine let a smile appear on her face and closed her eyes, ready for a nap.

“CATHERINE!” A very familiar, but slightly distorted voice, said.

Catherine sat up and looked at her laptop. She walked to the desk that was located in her dorm room and sat on the chair.

“Hey Elouise!” She said, waving as she did so.

Elouise waved back and smiled at her. If it wasn’t for the internet and skype, Catherine is pretty sure they would have lost touch. It’s been seven months she has last seen her face to face, without using a webcam. They use skype quite often and talked on the phone when Catherine went back the USA for summer.

“How is it in chilly London?” Elouise asked.

“Same old, same old,” Catherine said before looking out the foggy window.

“Still cold?” Elouise asked, remembering their past conversations.

“No, freezing,” Catherine said.

Elouise let out a light laugh and shook her head.

“Hey Catherine!” a slightly familiar voice yelled.

“Hey Jack,” Catherine greeted Elouise’s boyfriend.

They talked once in awhile when Elouise had to do something. They started dating a few months ago after bumping into each other in one of their teacher’s lecture. Catherine had been sad at first, realizing how everything is changing but then she remembered that everything changes.

“How’s it there in Lo–“ Jack started but got cut-off by a very hyper brunette.

“Hey Catherine!” Taylor yelled as she and Mitchel took up the whole screen.

“Hey Tay!” She said causing Mitchel to pout. “Hey Mitch,”

“Hey Catherine!” Mitchel yelled with a smile on his face.

“Guess what we got!” Taylor yelled excitedly.

“What?” Catherine said, chuckling at her childish behavior.

“A STUFF TOY!” Mitchel yelled as a teddy bear appeared on the screen.

“Wow?” Catherine replied, slightly confused.

“It talks!” Taylor said, obviously seeing Catherine’s bemused expression.

“Hi Catherine!” the teddy bear said as Taylor pressed its stomach.

“Oh, cool!” Catherine replied.

“YO CATHERINE!” Nathan yelled as he appeared in between Mitchel and Taylor.

“Hey Nathan!” Catherine said as she laughed.

“I got a new skateboard deck today!” Nathan said.

He would always talk about his skateboard and things but Catherine never understood. He knew she didn’t understand but he didn’t really care and she didn’t mind anyways.

“That’s nice,” she said, thinking about how the other day he said he got new wheels. “Are you buying a whole skateboard piece by piece?”

“Maybe…” he said mysteriously.

“Hey Catherine,” Matthew said softly after he pushed Nathan aside.

“Hey Matthew,” she said, smiling at him.

It’s been seven months since their fling and they have moved on. Sure somewhere inside they’ll always like each other but they’ve moved on and they were just glad they stayed friends.

“How’s Lisa?” Catherine asked, talking about his girlfriend.

“She’s good. She had to go home early though.” he said.

“Aww. Why?”

“Family things,” he said nonchalantly. “So how are you and Greg?”

“Oh, I don’t think we’ll ever be getting back together.” She said with a shrug.

“I am sorry.” Matthew told her sincerely.

“Well, it isn’t your fault.” Catherine replied with a smile.

“Still, do you want me to beat him up or something?” Matthew asked, only half joking.

“No, it’s ok.” Catherine replied with a laugh. “I’ll tell you though when I need you to beat someone up.”

“Good,” Matthew said smugly.

“Catherine?” a voice not from the computer said.

“Yeah?” she replied, looking towards the door.

“It’s midnight love. I can’t let you use the internet anymore.” The house mother said.

“Ok,” Catherine replied with a smile.

“Thanks love,” she said as her eyes scanned the room. “Where’s Alexis?”

“Um, check the kitchen.” Catherine said, thinking about her roommate’s whereabouts.

“Okay, thanks again love.” she said before closing the door.

“I’ve got to go you guys!” Catherine said.

“BYE CATHERINE!” the group yelled.

“Bye!” she said with a smile.

She logged off and turned off her laptop. She changed into her pajamas and grabbed the hoodie that was on her bed. She pulled it on and crawled into her bed. She got comfortable and closed her eyes, ready for sleep and dreams to overtake her.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end.

i am kind of thinking about writing about Catherine's college days.
would you read that?

anyway, thanks for sticking to the end. :)