Summer Days, Oh, Our Wasted Ways

.05

A week has passed from their first date and ever since then Catherine and Matthew have been a couple. They’ve been spending a lot of time with one another, not really seeing anyone else. Everyone was happy that they were together but they just missed seeing them.

Every time Elouise or Taylor wants to hang out with Catherine she already has plans with Matthew. Every time Mitchel and Nathan asked Matthew if he is doing anything, he is always doing something with Catherine. As much as they loved the fact that they were a happy couple, they loathed the fact they spent all their free time with each other.

Elouise ran a hand through her hair as she was pacing in Taylor’s bedroom. Taylor was lying down on her bed reading a magazine that came out last year. As Elouise was going to say something, Mitchel and Nathan burst into the room.

“I am bored and sick of Mitchel.” Nathan said before belly flopping on Taylor’s bed.

“I miss Catherine.” Taylor said, resting her head on Nathan’s back.

“I know!” Elouise yelled catching everyone’s attention. “You guys take Matthew out for the day while Taylor and I will take Catherine.”

They all agreed and pondered on why they haven’t thought of it before. In the end they just shrugged and went to pick up their victims for the day.

Elouise and Taylor rode down the street in their bikes and stopped in front of Catherine’s grandparents’ house. Once they got off their bikes, they noticed Nathan and Mitchel next door with their skateboards in hand. They ignored them, seeing how their plan was girl’s day out.

“CATHERINE WHITE, GET YOUR CUTE LITTLE TUSH DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!” Taylor yelled as soon as they got inside the house.

Catherine arrived at the bottom of the stairs with a look of fake shock. “My tush is not little!”

“Yes it is!” Elouise said pointing at her almost non-existent butt. Catherine turned around and tried looking over her shoulder to look at her butt.

“Fine,” she said in defeat and sat down on the last step of the stairs. She crossed her arms and pouted making the other two girls laugh. She stuck out her tongue at them before they squished her in a hug.

“Come, we are going to go biking.” Elouise said as she pulled on Catherine’s arm.

“Sorry guys but I already made plans with Matthew.” Catherine said softly as she bit her bottom lip.

“Whatever plans you made with him have just been canceled because Mitchel and Nathan are kidnapping him today.” Taylor said as she pulled on Catherine’s arm.

Catherine got up and left the house and went to the side to get herself a bike. She brought it out got on, biking to where Elouise and Taylor were waiting. She looked over her shoulder to check into Matthew’s house and sure enough she saw Matthew chasing Nathan. She let out a small chuckle catching the other girls’ attention.

They followed her gaze and started laughing. They turned their attention away from them and started biking. Taylor biked ahead of Catherine and Elouise, seeing how she was the sportiest among the three. She started riding circles around them until she got bored and started riding beside them.

“Where are we going?” Catherine asked, breaking the silence that surrounded them.

“Parlor,” Elouise told her. Taylor let out a groan but kept her mouth shut when Elouise glared at her. Catherine started laughing and then fell off her bike.

Taylor and Elouise went to her and started laughing. They ignored the glares she was sending them as they helped her up and onto a bench nearby. They checked her to see if she had any severe injuries but all she had were some cuts and maybe later bruises.

“Now, my dress is all dirty.” Catherine said before pouting. She crossed her arms and looked at the two girls who were smirking.

“YAY! We can go shopping!” Elouise yelled before grabbing Catherine’s wrist and dragging her into the first store she saw.

Two hours and a half later, they were finally in the salon having manicures and pedicures. Catherine was still glaring at Taylor and Elouise who were both busy reading magazines.

“Stop glaring at us already.” Taylor said as she put down the magazine.

“Why am I in shorts?” Catherine asked. She was going to cross her arms and pout until she realized someone was currently painting her fingernails a soft shade of pink.

“You never wear shorts!” Taylor said, stating a fact.

“So, we decided to make you wear shorts now.” Elouise said as she checked her sea green fingernails.

Catherine just pouted as Taylor reached in her pocket, careful not to ruin her baby blue nails. Elouise was soon doing the same, and not too long after Catherine was doing it too.

“Besides Catherine, your legs look amazing in shorts.” Elouise said as she wrapped one of her arms around her neck. Catherine looked at her legs and blushed, never realizing anything. Taylor laughed and then did the same thing as Elouise except on the other side.

“It’s true you know.” Taylor said before hopping on her bike. “Come on let’s go. I don’t want to miss the sunset.”

“Yeah, me too,” Elouise said before she started to bike.

The two stopped biking as soon as they realized Catherine wasn’t following them. They turned around and looked at her with questioning expressions. She just stood where she was until she finally snapped out of it and smiled at them.

“I know somewhere else we can watch the sunset.” Catherine said before starting to bike making the other girls follow her.

“Matthew!” Nathan called in a high-pitch voice. Matthew came down and stared at his two friends.

“What are you guys doing here?” Matthew asked.

“No ‘hello’?” Mitchel teased at his lack of a proper greeting.

“No, of course we don’t get one Mitchel! We need to have boobs to even think about getting a hello from Matthew.” Nathan said before Matthew could say anything. Matthew rolled her eyes and leaned on the wall as Mitchel tried to contain his laughter.

“Come on Matthew, you know he was just joking.” Mitchel said, punching Matthew lightly in the arm.

“Yeah, I was,” Nathan said smiling before he started smirking. “Oh! Matthew! Matthew! Kiss me!”

Matthew started to chase Nathan around his house as Nathan continued to talk in a high-pitch voice. Mitchel stood where he was and watched as two of his friends ran around the house like idiots. He moved to kitchen cabinet and opened it. He reached in and grabbed a bag of chips before settling on the counter to watch the show.

They continued to chase each other until they both collapsed on the kitchen floor. Nathan was the first to recover and got some chips from Mitchel before going to get water. Matthew lay on the floor for awhile longer before jumping up and grabbing some chips from Mitchel.

“So, what are we going to do today?” Nathan asked as he leaned on the refrigerator door.

“Sorry guys but I am spending the day with Catherine.” Matthew said as he went to get his own glass of water.

“Sorry dude, it’s too late. The girls kidnapped her today from some ‘girl time’.” Mitchel informed him. Matthew looked out the window and there Catherine was, biking with Taylor and Elouise.

“It looks like you are stuck with us.” Nathan said from behind him. Matthew sighed before turning his attention back to the guys.

“So what are we going to do?” Matthew asked as he drank from his glass. Nathan and Mitchel instantly grinned at his response.

“Get your board and you’ll find out.”

“That was awesome!” Matthew yelled as they left the community pool.

They were currently cleaning it, meaning it was empty and the perfect place to skate. The guys stayed there for hours just skating around and hanging out. It has been awhile since they’ve done that and they enjoyed the opportunity.

“Come on, let’s head to the beach. I bet the girls are there for the sunset.” Mitchel said about to skate to the beach.

“Wait, I don’t think they’ll be there.” Matthew said before heading the opposite way, leaving Mitchel and Nathan to follow him.

The guys walked on the grass until they finally spotted the girls. They quietly walked up to them and sat in the gaps. The girls looked at the newcomers before facing the horizon again. They wrapped their arms around each other and watched the sunset in a meadow that was theirs, even though if it was just for that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry my chapters have been getting shorter.
I just noticed it now