Status: Done!

Love Hides (in the Strangest Places)

3. Faces Look Ugly When You're Alone

I almost didn’t trust myself to drive home; I was so shaken up about what just happened. In my mind I pictured Jim running after me in the hallway but he never did. He seemed just as flabbergasted as I was about what happened.

I finally reached my dorm and I slowly made my way up to my room. When I opened the door I was caught by the sight of Rick’s naked ass. My roommate, Darcy stayed in tonight.

“Oh, come on!” I yelled.

Rick yelled and quickly got off Darcy, facing me, completely naked.

“You want some too?” he smirked.

“I’d rather not, thank you very much.” I said, disgusted.

I closed the door with a thud and sat down beside it in the hallway. I wasn’t tired so I decided to go for a walk. The night air was cold and I wrapped my coat around me tighter. I made my way to a little park and plopped down on the grass, looking up at the stars.

I was fiddling through my coat pockets when I found a joint I had kept in there for special times. This is as special as it’s gonna get, I thought. I took it out along with my lighter and flipped it open. Soon I was lying on the grass, smoke around my head, and watching the stars do a little dance in the darkness of the sky. Faintly I heard footsteps and when I looked up I saw a dark shape in the distance. The figure came closer and closer. In my disillusioned state I thought he would just be someone visiting the park, not realizing that it was already 3:00 in the morning. The figure came closer and I saw it more clearly in the light of a streetlamp. The figure was a man with blonde hair and his mouth held an evil sneer, yellow teeth glowing in the darkness. A laugh escaped the confines of his throat. Finally, when I realized his intentions I began to become frightened and I tried to crawl away but he was on me in two seconds.

His breath reeked of beer as he breathed on my face.

“Get off me!” I yelled.

He didn’t stop, his hands went for my coat and they ripped it open, feeling my stomach up and down. I spat in his face and he slapped me.

“You bitch!”

“Get the fuck off me!”

“There’s no one to help you. Scream all you want, but no one will come.”

The man grabbed at the base of my shirt and ripped it open, all the way to the top. With a grunt the man tried to lower my pants.

“Fuck off!” I yelled again, trying to pull up my pants.

Suddenly, someone came out of the shadows close by and charged at the man, ripping him off me. The man fell to the ground then got up and ran. This new man put out his hand for me and I took it, pulling myself up and then quickly pulled my pants back up and tried to conceal myself.

“I never thought you’d be the damsel in distress.” A familiar voice said.

“James?”

The man came out of the shadows and into view and it was none other than the notorious Jim Morisson.

“Well if you’re the hero than I’d be glad to play the part more often.” I said seductively.

“Well that’s too bad, cause I’m not the hero type.”

“Then what type are you, James?”

“The sweep a woman off her feet type.” He said and then quickly picked me up bridal-style and walked over to a bus that was parked not too far away.

When we climbed aboard there was John, Ray, and Robby, smiling at me.

“Hey, guys.” I smiled back.

“Excuse the lady, I will take her to the back and make sure she is all right.” Jim said gallantly.

He whisked me away and set me on a low bed in the back.

“Thank you.” I said shyly.

“It’s okay.” Jim said sympathetically, “Does anything hurt?”

“Just my back.” I said hesitantly.

“Let me see.” Jim said, but I paused, “I won’t do anything.”

He assured me and I reluctantly took off my coat, then my torn shirt, leaving me very self-consciously in my bra. Jim turned me around and he slowly massaged my back, asking me where it hurt. As Jim massaged my back, it felt so good I didn’t realize that a moan escaped my lips. I didn’t realize it until Jim laughed behind me. I quickly grabbed my shirt and covered myself.

"You’re all right.” Jim said soothingly.

I looked at him with big eyes.

“Why are you afraid of me?”

“James, I am afraid of you because you are the man I have dreamt of all my life, and I want you so bad, I want you to hold me so much, but my mind is telling me not to get caught up in your life, to leave you, and for me to find a regular man and pursue my career in journalism. I’m afraid of you James, because you are what I want, and can’t completely have.”

Jim sat in front of me, silent for a few minutes.

“Say something, god damnit.” I whispered.

Jim looked at me, and held my eyes for a second and then grabbed me by the waist and took my mouth in his. Without thinking I pushed my body against his, and like before we were taken by the powers of our own lust. Jim’s tongue wound around mine and it was the greatest, most passionate kiss I’d ever experienced. Jim pulled me onto his lap and I straddled him, my hands swam through his hair, my favourite part about him, and one of his hands rested on my chest, causing me to push against its warmth. We almost fell off the bed when Robby walked in.

“What is wrong with you people?” Jim yelled.

“Umm, we’re at the hotel, Jim.”

“Oh my god.” I said, in a bundle on the bed.

I was breathing heavily and I put a hand to my chest, feeling my chest moving up and down, making sure I was still alive.

“Do you want us to take you home?” Jim asked me.

“Honestly? I’d rather not go back there. I caught my roommate and her boyfriend fucking. It wasn’t pretty.”

Jim laughed, “Well then I’m glad to say that you can stay with us.”

I smiled up at him.