Status: Done!

Love Hides (in the Strangest Places)

4. I Touched Her Thigh And Death Smiled

I stepped into the lavish hotel room and saw it adorned in reds and gold. Wow, I breathed out.
“Wow is right, eh?” Jim said from behind me, smiling at his temporary abode.
Robby, John, and Ray went to plop down on the couch and then Jim ran in after them, yelling,
“All right, let’s trash the place!”
“He acts as if he’s never stayed in a fancy hotel.” I said to Robby.
“No, he acts like a crazed rock star in a fancy hotel room.” Robby said while smiling.
I think Robby was my favourite out of the whole band. He was just a funny soul, being such a short little man, and his fluffy red hair was a riot. I always smiled when I saw him. And it didn’t hurt that he was an amazing guitar player.
For the night we all hung out on the couches, drinking, and smoking. (Remember, it’s the 60’s dudes.) When everyone got tired we separated and it left only me and Jim on the couches. I suddenly became really nervous, being left alone with him. Whenever he moved I tried to stay a little ways away from him.
“Elanor, I know you’re afraid of what might happen, but that can’t change how we feel for each other.”
“But-” I tried to say.
“No, it’s my turn to speak from my heart. I have never met any woman as amazing as you. I’ve never even felt this way about Pam. You see me the way no one else sees me. You understand me. I think I’m falling in love you.”
With that Jim turned and went into a room, and before closing the door behind him he said,
“There’s another room across from mine. And Elanor, if you don’t come to me soon, I’ll come to you.”
And Jim slipped into the black of his room, and I did the same. Lying in bed my brain was full of thoughts and I fell asleep thinking all about what was happening between Jim and I.
Did he just say he was falling in love with me?

In the morning Jim was his usual self-centered, mysterious self. I woke up and found Jim on the couches. John was getting something to eat down the street, and Ray was in the shower. Robby was still sleeping. Silly Billy.
“James, I have to go to work.”
“Then go.” He said matter-of-factly.
“Should I be coming back here afterwards, or should I not bother?”
“Come back. We can all go out and get something to eat.”
“Kay. I’ll be back at 4:00.”
“See ya.”

I went to work, which was a hemp clothing store, The Hemp Chronicles, and all day long I was in a daze. My fellow employees kept asking me what was wrong but I honestly didn’t know myself. At the end of the day I arrived back at the hotel and knocked on the door, Robby answered.
“Nice to see you finally awake.” I smiled.
“Same to you, too.” He said laughing.
I walked into the lavish hotel suite and found Jim still sitting on the couches.
“Has he been sitting there the whole time?” I asked Robby.
“Practically, I’ve never seen him like this before. I don’t know what could have caused it.”
“I do.” I whispered, silent enough for him not to hear.

Afterwards we went out for dinner, like Jim said we would. We found a little restaurant that wasn’t well known, somewhere where the guys might not be recognized so well. Jim stayed quite solitary the whole time, only talking to order his food. He only ever said slight things to me, things that he would say to any other horny woman ready to lie in his bed.

When we got back from the restaurant I went to take a shower and clean the day’s filth off me. I made sure to lock the door; you never can be too safe, especially with Jim Morisson around. It was a refreshing shower, and I cleaned my entire body. It felt good to be clean. I walked out of the bathroom, fully dressed and all was quiet. I went towards the couches and no one was there.
“I hope you’re not looking for me.” A voice said from behind me.
Holy shit, I yelled in my head, jumping slightly. The voice laughed.
“Why do you have to do that?” I yelled at Jim.
“Do what? You weren’t scared, were you?” Jim said, obviously amused.
“Where are Robby, Ray, and John?” I asked.
“They went to bed.”
“Oh.” I whispered.
“Are you a virgin? Is that why you’re scared of me?”
“No! I’ve had sex before!”
“You’re out of time, Elanor.”
“For what, James?”
“See, I can’t hold myself any longer. Every time you call me that my stomach tightens.” Jim said as he walked closer to me. I backed up a step for every one he took, finally my back hit the wall and I looked around, looking for somewhere to go. There was nowhere. I looked back at Jim and he smirked. Finally he reached me, so close I could feel his warmth. His breath filled my senses, mine became haggard.
“You like my poetry?” he asked me strangely.
I nodded my head hesitantly.
Jim slowly lowered his mouth down by my ear, and whispered,
“O great creator of being
Grant us one more hour to perform our art & perfect our lives”
Jim ran his tongue along my ear,
“The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying
We live, we die & death not ends it
Journey we more into the nightmare”
Jim took my hand in his,
“Cling to life our passion'd flower
Cling to Cunts”
He touched me,
“& cocks”
He made me touch him,
“Of despair”
“Oh god, James.” I whispered through a heavy breath.
My hand found an end table beside me and I collapsed onto it, my back against its edge, everything fell to the ground in a loud crash. Jim’s lips crashed to mine quickly and our mouths consumed each other’s. Jim’s tongue found its way to mine and slowly caressed every inch of my mouth.
“James, make love to me, now.”
Jim didn’t need anymore coaxing, he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He made his way to his room where he dropped me on the bed. Jim was back on top of me in a second, ripping off my shirt. I reached for his and it was quickly gone, thrown to the ground.
A knock sounded at the door, Jim got up, flung it open and yelled, “No interruptions this time!” and slammed it back shut, returning to kiss my body and glide his hands over me. When it felt like I couldn’t stand it anymore Jim stood up, throwing off his leather pants, and then pulling mine off me. I shed off my bra and Jim pulled off my underwear, then stood and stared. He gulped, and I saw his eyes go large.
“James.” I whispered, raising myself.
Jim looked at my face and then in a sudden urge he tore at his own underwear, revealing himself. Now it was my turn for my eyes to go large, my breath deepened and I couldn’t help but stare. Jim Morisson stood in front of me, naked. He was a legend of love, and here he stood in front of me.
“This isn’t real.” I whispered, but it was.
Jim slowly came back to me, slow, almost cautious. His lips met mine in a loving embrace, his arms held me carefully. I’d never felt so loved, being with someone before. I opened up to him and he slid into me, filling me with all he had. Jim looked in my eyes and all I saw was love, a love so deep that at the time, I thought it would never end.
It began slowly, and deeply, escalating to a point of pure wanting as Jim thrust away as if I would be gone in any minute.
“James!”
“Keep calling me that, Elanor.” Jim said huskily.
“Fuck me, James.” I moaned and that’s what he did, he fucked me.
We made love until 3:00 in the morning, the sweat of our bodies combined. We didn’t even feel like sleeping, Jim held me close to him and I played with his hair.
"Happy belated birthday, James." and we laughed together.
He told me a story from when he was little.
“Me and my uh mother and father and a grandmother and a grandfather were driving through the desert at dawn, and a truck load of Indian workers had either hit another car or just, I dunno what happened, but there were Indians scattered all over the highway, and bleeding to death. So the car pulls up and stops and that was the first time I tasted fear. I must have been four. Like a child was like a flower whose head was just floating in the breeze, man. The reaction I get now of thinking about it, looking back, is that the souls of the ghosts of those dead Indians, maybe one or two of them, just running around, freaking out, and just leaped into my soul. And are still there.” His soothing voice said from far-away.
“Why are you so different around me?” I asked.
“What do you mean?”
“You act differently with me. With other women your objective is to get them into bed, and you act dark and mysterious. But you open up to me. You don’t act like you usually do.”
“I can’t explain it myself. You make me want to tell you things. I’ve never felt this way before. When I was making love to you it felt so right. Nothing has ever felt so right to me before, except for when I'm writing poetry. To me, I guess, you are poetry.”
“That’s the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me.” I whispered.