Status: Done!

Love Hides (in the Strangest Places)

5. Wait Until The War Is Over, And We're Both A Little Older

It seemed as if nothing could touch us. We were protected by our love. After that night, Jim changed, he was happier and wanted to spend every waking minute with me. I'd never felt so happy before in my life. But the day came when it all crashed down. The day when The Doors had to leave, they were due in New York.
"I wish I could come with you." I said to Jim.
"So do I, Elanor, but I don't want tabloids to say things, and for Pam to find out about us."
"I know, and I can't just leave my life behind."
"No you can't."
We made love one last time in that hotel room, and then we had to say good bye.
"Maybe I can come back for another concert soon." Jim said, holding me close, outside of the tour bus.
"Don't you think people will become suspicious that you keep coming back here, James?"
"Maybe, but I want to see you so badly."
"You can. You can come see me anytime." I said, trying not to let tears come to my eyes.
"I'll always love you, Elanor, remember that."
"I love you, too, James."
"I love it when you call me that." Jim said.
"Jim, time to go." Robby said cautiously from behind him.
"Not yet." Jim said, and he kissed me one more time.
"Bye guys." I said, hugging the others.
"This past week was amazing, Elanor." Jim said, smiling his cocky smile at me as he stepped onto the bus.
I smiled back at him and watched the bus as it pulled out and started on its way down the road. I walked back to my dorm and found my roommate once again gone. When she came back she never asked me where I was for a whole week, or why I was quiet, or why I dreamt off in space most of the time. She never caught the things I whispered to myself.