Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

I Always Win You Idiot.

Mikey woke up early the next day, he walked out of Kyra's room and to the waiting room. Frank, in his sleeping state, went to lean on Kat but fell onto the empty space. His eyes snapped open and he sat up, rubbing his head when he saw Mikey standing there.

"How is she man?" He asked softly, as to not wake anyone.

"She's as good as can be expected. Want to go on a coffee run?"

Frank nodded and stepped over his girlfriend to follow Mikey.

"How’s Kat?"

"She's fine....I think. I cant really tell at the moment," he said, wiping his nose with his sleeve.

"Still blaming herself then I take it? Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine. What about you and Ky? What’s the deal?"

"Friends," Mikey said sadly.

"I knew you two would work things- FRIENDS?"

"Yes Frank, friends. You know what friends are right?"

"Is this friends? Like friends as in me and you friends? Or is this friends with benefits? Or is this friends just to not make it awkward? Or is this friends as in you hate each other?"

"Its friends as in how ever she wants us to be. I will be whatever she wants me to be. Frank I just love her so much."

"I know you do Mike. So you're going to wait for her?"

"As long as it takes, wouldn't you, if it was Kat in there?"

"Well if she made her feelings clear she didn’t want me then probably no."

"Guess I just have a stronger love for Kyra, besides she wants me. At least a little bit, or I wouldn't have stayed with her last night."

"Mikey. Just because I wouldn’t wait if she told me no doesn’t mean yours is stronger. I'm probably just talking shit but what if they said she was in a coma she'd never wake from? Would you wait for her?"

"What would you do if she told you no? And yes I would still wait. People wake up from comas all the time. I would be by her side the whole time."

"Well I guess I’d accept it and move on. What’s the point of staying?"

"So you could fall out of love that fast? The point of staying is that she told me she needed me."

"Well I wouldn’t be out of love that fast. It'd be better than moping around for something that’s never gunna happen"

"I don't know that though and I love her too much to give up on her."

"I'm not saying I don’t love Kat. I do, I just wouldn’t wait if she were in coma. She'd want me to be happy."

"Does she know that? What would you do if she woke up wanting you her boyfriend and someone else had to tell her you weren’t there because you couldn't wait on her?"

"Jesus Mike. You read into things way to much. It’s just an example."

Mikey laughed at that, "Yeah I know but it makes for a good distraction. Though I was serious, does Kat know you wouldn't wait on her? How many coffee's do we need?”

"I don’t know. Maybe. Alright no. We've never talked about it," Frank said as he counted on his fingers "6....7 if Ky wants one. Will Gee drink this shit?"

"Yeah Gee loves coffee as much as you like Skittles. I don't think Kyra should have caffeine, so she gets a Frappuccino."

"Dude did you even ask her?"

"No, she was asleep. I didn't want to wake her."

"Because Mikey's the perfect little boyfriend. Gah you make me sick some days with all your excessive feelings."

Mikey looked down, "I'm not her boyfriend, and I'm not perfect."

"Gah Mikey! Seriously, you are!"

"Yeah, I'm so perfect that I got Kyra pregnant and didn't even know about it."

"It's not your fault. She didn’t even tell you. Besides its not as if your or doctor or some shit."

"But still, it proves I have faults, so I'm not perfect."

"No, it shows you’re too busy looking into her eyes then looking at her stomach because you’re so in love," Frank said, making kissy noises.

"Oh Frank you're so funny.. Seriously if I'm so perfect then why am I single, and not engaged?"

"Because I don’t know," Frank said once they got to the coffee shop.

"Again I'm not perfect, so do you know what kind, any of the losers drink?"

"I don’t know but let’s get Gerard some weak shit and piss him off."

"Okay, sounds good I love the smell of pissed off Gerard in the morning," Mikey smiled.

Frank laughed and they got the coffees, Mikey carried four while Frank had three, "So how do you plan to make yourself more than just friends?"

Mikey sighed, "I don't know, wait I guess and hope she decides that she still wants me."

"And if she doesn’t?"

"I will stay her friend, and nothing more. But she says she loves me."

"She says?"

"Yeah, last night when I said I love you, she said it back."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Mike, I honestly don’t know what you’re going to do. I mean you could always have another kid but Kyra?"

"No kids," Mikey choked out, "What about Kyra?"

"No kids? What do you mean no kids? Out of all of us, you’re the only responsible one that would have kids. You can always have another kid but Kyra. You cant replace her right?"

Mikey looked down, he couldn't look at Frank, "Kyra doesn't want kids.. Now."

"Well of course not right now but later on."

"No Frank. Never."

"What do you mean never? That’s ridiculous," he laughed.

"I mean never, as in she made me promise."

"You didn’t did you?"

"Yes I did."

"And where do you stand on all of this? And don’t just give me that 'as long as she’s happy bullshit.”

"Frank, I want kids but if she doesn’t then maybe we can adopt, there are all kinds of alternatives."

"And you think she'll adopt?"

"Maybe, I have no idea, haven't asked."

"Mike, I hate to be the one tellin' you this but she doesn't seem like the adopting type."

"I know. But one day she may change."

"People don’t change Mike."

"You don't know that Frank."

"Yeah, I do. Mikey why do you even want kids?"

"Frank, why not? I want a family, don't you?"

"Other than that. Why do you want kids Mikey. Actually use your fucking brain."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Other than you want a family, why do you want kids?"

"Because kids are one of the greatest joys in life, don't you want them?"

"Any other reasons?"

"What’s with all the questions?"

"Just answer them."

"I don't know Frank. I guess I've always wanted kids, I like kids is there something wrong with that?"

"No, I'm just wondering why you've always wanted kids."

"I just have. Why do you want to know so bad... Do you want kids?"

"Mikey. I’m trying to fucking help you here. WHY HAVE YOU WANTED KIDS?"

"HOW IS THAT FUCKING HELPING ME?"

"Mikey, just answer my god damn questions then Ill tell you why"

" Frank, I just I love kids and well they make me happy, they’re so cute."

"So cute," Frank mocked, "Anything else important?"

"I want to know what its like to be a father. Now why the hell are you asking me all this shit?"

"Because you should tell Kyra all the shit you told me.”

"Why? So she can cry more and we can fight and then maybe not even be friends?"

"You deserve to have your say too Mikey"

"Like I said maybe we can adopt. I'm more worried about her happiness than mine."

"And who's going to be worried about you Mikey? Gerard? Because we know its not going to be fucking him."

"Frank I will be fine, as long as Kyra's happy, I'm happy."

"Fuck it Mikey. You’re so fucking stubborn. Stand up for yourself once."

"I will talk to her more about it when she is out of the hospital okay? Happy?"

"No, because you’re going to get fucking walked over."

"No I wont. Kyra is not like that, you know that."

"Fine! Maybe she isn’t but for once, worry about your fucking self Mikey. This is probably why she’s only friends with you. Always giving in," he mumbled.

"Frank, I don't always give in."

"You do too Mikey."

"Name one time."

"Other than you saying no to kids? Easy."

" Frank, I had to agree, she was so helpless, she needed to know that if she didn't want kids I wouldn't make her have them."

"So you agree. You DO always give in."

"Fine Frank, you win, again when she gets out of the Hospital I will talk to her about it."

"That’s stupid. You should talk to her now. I mean what if she asked you to never see Gerard again. What would you have done?" He said walking into the hospital.

"I would have asked why and told her I couldn't do that since he is my brother. No Frank I should wait, till she is feeling better."

"Well what’s different here? They would have been your children. Puuushhh ovvveeerrr"

"The difference is it would be up to her and me both. And I don't want her to feel forced in to anything. So if that makes me a push over than fine."

"It’s not forcing. Its just telling her where you are. God Mikey."

"Frank will you stop, if I agree to talk to her?"

"Yes."

"Fine, I will talk to her.. So what’s the deal with you and Kat?

"What do you mean what’s the deal?" He said, getting into the elevator.

"I mean, you guys aren’t secretly married or anything are you? You two do like to keep secrets."

"Secretly married? No way man. My mom would kill me if she wasn’t invited to the wedding."

“Just making sure, I mean six years ago we didn't even know you were dating."

"Yeah? So? That doesn’t mean shit Mikey. Maybe we'll get married soon. I don’t know"

"You wanna marry, crazy Kat?" Mikey asked, joking of course about the crazy part.

"Well you wanna marry kooky Kyra?" He snapped back.

Mikey burst out in fits of laughter, "Okay well, damn I don't know what to say to that, you win Iero.”

"I always win you idiot."

"Shut up."

"Ouch that hurts Mike. Right here," Frank pretended hurt, walking out of the elevator and giving the coffee to Ray and Kat.

Mikey just laughed and gave Bob his coffee, "Where’s Gee?"

Bob pointed to Kyra's room and Frank sat down next to Kat and kissed her on the cheek. Mikey nodded and started walking towards Kyra's room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Would have been up sooner but my internet server died x|