Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

I Wanted You To Carry Me.

“Mikey, I'm fine okay. Now give me my bag back," Kyra said, reaching for the bag in his hand.

"No, I will carry it to the bunk for you. The doctor said no heavy lifting," he scolded.

"It's not heavy.."

"Its too heavy for you."

"Just give it here..."

"No," Mikey chuckled, kissing Kyra's cheek.

The doctors had allowed Kyra to be released from hospital, on the condition that she kept taking her meds and followed their directions, which included not lifting heavy things. Mikey had agreed to meet the rest of the band and Kat back at the bus while he and Kyra sorted out things at the hospital.

"Fine. Don’t hand me the bag. See if I care," she said, crossing her arms.

"Oh, Kyra just chill. You will be able to carry your own stuff soon enough."

"I may be too lazy by then. Looks like your stuck carrying my shit forever."

"Oh no I'm not."

"Sorry, but you are."

"Only til you’re better, then you're carrying your own shit and mine."

Kyra's mouth dropped and she playfully slapped Mikey on the arm, "I’m not carrying all your shit, especially not your bass."

"But I wanted you to carry me. Not the bass," he pouted.

"No way, you're too fat to carry anyway," she laughed, poking him in the side.

"You're so mean."

"I try."

"Love you."

"Hate you," she said, trying to keep a straight face but burst out in laughter, "Only joking. Love you too."

Mikey picked Kyra up and ran with her over his shoulder to the bus and all the way to the bunk, Kyra screaming and giggling the whole way.

"AH! PUT ME DOWN!" Kyra giggled.

"NEVER!" He proclaimed.

"Good luck trying to play bass and holding me," she laughed

"Oh don't worry. See me and Frank have this worked out. I'm just going to tie you to my back, when on stage."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"That’s a pretty dumb plan. Considering you need more than two people"

"Well I'm sure Frank can sway Kat to help, and if that don't work we will just wait til you're sleeping."

"Well I just wont sleep then."

"You’re no fun."

"Pfft. Whatever," she chuckled, sitting in the bunk

"I'm going to go tell everyone we are ready to leave okay? Do you need anything?"

Kyra shook her head and moved back into the bunk more to lean against the wall while Mikey went up to the front of the bus. She sat there, looking up at the photos Mikey had set up on the roof of his bunk of her and his friends.

Mikey came back a few minutes later, "The guys want to watch a movie, wanna come watch it with us?"

"What movie is it?"

"Saw V I think."

"Okay then," she said using Mikey's hand to help pull her out of the bunk.

Mikey kissed Kyra on the cheek, walked to the front of the bus. He sat down on the sofa first and Kyra snuggled up next to him. He wrapped his arm around her waist and she put her head on his chest

" I love you."

"I love me too," she smirked.

Mikey wrapped his arm around Kyra and snuggled with her as the movie started. Kyra only remembered seeing the opening credits before she fell asleep with Mikey's warmth. She woke up after the movie finished by Mikey lightly shaking her, "Huh?"

"The movie's over. Go to the bunks and sleep," he said softly.

"Uh...Oh right," she muttered getting up and going to the bunks, instantly falling asleep once her head hit the pillow

Mikey crawled in bed beside her, where he laid down and watched her sleep for a bit before finally falling asleep himself. His arm was draped over her when she woke up. She didn’t know how long she had been asleep for but she could see Bob in his bunk reading near the end of a book.

Kat, had just walked out of the bath room and was about to get in her bunk when she seen Kyra was awake, "Can we talk?"

"Yeah sure, just give me a minute," Kyra mumbled.

"Okay," Kat walked to the front of the bus and waited.

Kyra slowly moved Mikey's arm off of her and she whispered something into his ear, making him groan and roll over in his sleep. She shrugged and climbed out of the bus and went to the front

"Coffee?" Kat asked, holding up the pot of dark brown liquid.

"No thanks," she muttered.

Kat shrugged and sat down with her coffee, clutched between her two hands. Her friend sat down awkwardly, unsure of what to say. It had been three days since they last talked, which resulted in Kyra yelling at Kat.

"I don’t blame you," Kyra muttered

"I'm sorry," Kat said.

"I said, I don’t blame you."

"I mean for everything."

"And I mean, I don’t blame you for anything or everything"

"But you should and Mikey should too."

"Well we don’t."

"Why not?"

"Because it would be stupid to blame someone for something they simply didn’t do."

"I'm still sorry, part of it was my fault. How are you feeling?"

"No Kat, it wasn’t any of your fault. I'm getting there. I must be getting on Mikey's nerves though. With the constant reassurance that he doesn’t hate me and shit," Kyra rolled her eyes.

"I promise you, he doesn't hate you Kyra. He loves you so much. And I'm sure you're not on his nerves."

"I bet I am, it's what I'm good at," she sighed.

"Kyra, you good at lots of things. Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

"After I fought with Frank in your room, in my drunken state, I left and Mikey forced me to come back. When we got here, Gerard said you said something about having to find me, what did you say that for?"

"Because I shouldn’t have gone off at you. You were only trying to tell me like a good friend but I fucked up. I’m sorry."

“Its okay you were just freaking out, I would have been to. But how did you know I was gone?"

"Best friends know these things....plus it helps if the best friend’s boyfriend tells you..."

"What exactly did he tell you?"

"That you basically lost it something. I don’t know, its hard to remember."

"So Frank told what I said, but yet no one came looking for me? Boys," Kat sighed.

"Boys," Kyra muttered.

"So you and Mikey, still getting married I see," Kat sat, gesturing towards the ring on her finger.

"Ha ha, yeah," Kyra chuckled.

"I'm happy for you guys."

"Thanks," she said softly smiling.

"What about other thing? Are they taken care of? "

"Uh, yeah. I hope so," Kyra nodded.

"I could kill him if you want."

"That wont be necessary Kat. I can handle it by myself."

"Yes, but I want to kill him. He is a vile person.... Have you wrote any new songs lately?”

"None that would be suitable for the guys," she sighed disregarding what she said about Gerard.

"What are they about?"

"They just wouldn’t suit the band. At the end of the day, I decide if they use them and it would just be to much of a change for them."

Kat nodded, "So we're still friends right?"

"Yeah of course, why wouldn’t we be?"

"Just making sure, after everything that’s happened and us not talking."

"Seriously, its fine."

"So Mikey told me he ratted me out about the vodka, did he tell you anything else I should say sorry for?"

She shook her head, "Nope."

"Would you tell me if he did?"

"Kat, you know I would."

"True, since you cant lie to me," Kat grinned.

"There’s nothing you should know. Except...Well Mikey was really weird but he usually is."

"What was he weird about, was it Star trek again?"

"Ha. I don’t know, something about waiting for him if he was in a coma and that Frank wouldn’t wait for you. I don’t know," Kyra shrugged, "It's late. I'm going to catch some z's."

"WHAT? I don't think I heard you say that last part right."

"I'm going to catch some z’s," Kyra said, shuffling off to the bunks.

"No Kyra. I mean what Mikey told you Frank said, can you say that again?"

"He wouldn’t wait for you?" She said about to step into her bunk.

"Night Kyra," Kat said walking back to the front of the bus.

She decided she was going to sleep on the couch tonight away from Frank. Kyra climbed back in and placed her head on Mikey's chest, falling back asleep. Kat laid on the couch, so lost in thought that she couldn't sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?