Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

I'm Going To Blow Up Perfect Town.

Mikey had just escaped back into the bus, smiling at the work he and Kyra had done. Kat and Frank stood there staring at each other for awhile before Frank walked up to her, his hands in his pockets.

"Where the hell have you been? I’ve been so worried."

Kat glared in the direction Mikey went, "I was about a mile down, from here. Why were you so worried?"

"I thought something happened to you," he said hugging her, "I’m sorry. Just don’t do that ever again. You scared the shit outta me"

Kat hugged him back lightly, "What are you sorry for?"

"Everything."

"You were so angry a few minutes ago, what changed your mind?"

"Kyra. You know for a blonde, she’s not that dumb"

"Yeah, I know. Damn Mikey he was right."

"Mikey?" Frank questioned.

"Yes, Mikey. He chased me down, and told me Kyra was talking to you. And yet again forced me back."

"Is it just me or are they perfect?"

"They're perfect."

"Mm. Except for one thing. How about we go mock how perfect they are?"

"Okay, sure, how are we going to do that?"

"I don’t know. Just go bag them?"

"Lets go," Kat smiled.

He took her hand in his and smiled. Both of them were happy that they weren’t fighting anymore. Even though their fights were short, they always found a way through them. They climbed up the stairs and onto the bus.

"You're perfectness sickens me Mikey," Frank yelled, climbing into the bunk across from them, helping Kat in.

"Yeah sorry, but I have to agree with him," Kat kissed Franks cheek.

"You're just jealous!" Kyra laughed from the other side of the bus, in her shared bunk.

"Yeah, that’s what it is. I so wish I had you for a girlfriend," Kat said, smirking at Kyra.

"Sorry but she’s mine!" Mikey yelled, closing their curtain.

"Mikey I thought we had something special," Frank said, grinning at Mikey,

"Yeah, well, it’s over. Sorry!"

Kat was rolling in the bunk in a fit of laughter. "Mikey how could you I thought you loved me,” Frank fake cried.

"Too bad Frankie! He's with me now!" Kyra yelled.
:
Frank pouted and Kat said, "Kyra look what you and your perfectness went and did. You made my poor Frankie pout.”

"Oh my perfectness? Well sorry. We're just so perfect here in perfect town."

"Yeah, well I declare war on you! I'm going blow up perfect town," Kat chuckled, sticking her tongue out.

Kyra opened the curtain and flipped her off before shutting the curtain again. Her friend picked up a pillow and threw it at Kyra and Mikey’s bunk, only to not even hit the curtain.

"You missed you idiot!" Kyra shouted.

"Don't make me come over there!" Kat said, while Frank slinked his arm around her waist.

"Oh well, I've got Mikey to protect me."

"Please, he needed my protection just a little bit ago. Kyra, did you know that t scare your fiancé?"

"HEY! YOU'D BE SCARED TOO!" Mikey snapped.

"Aww, its okay sweetie," Kyra cooed.

Kat just busted out in fits of laughter, "Kat, stop that. Teenies scare me too," Frank said.

"See!" Mikey whined.

"Kyra, I think we have wimps for boyfriends. Or do the Teenies scare you too?"

"They scare me too. Which is why Mikey and I are staying on the bus."

"What? No, I wanted to go out,” Kat pouted.

"Well you're gunna go with either Ray, Bob or Gee because we're staying put."

"Guys, we've got sound check in 10," Ray said.

Kat just glared at their bunk. She couldn't stand hearing Gerard’s name or even his nick name.

"Yeah please stay in with us?" Frank cooed, in his girlfriends ear.

"Don’t do anything stupid while I’m gone," Mikey chuckled.

"Me? Stupid? Never!" Kyra smiled back.

"Mikey bring me back some skittles please?" Frank called after Mikey.

"Come on lazy ass. If I have to leave Kyra you have to leave Kat at the same time," Mikey said, pulling Frank out of the bunk.

Kat watched as Mikey dragged Frank away from her and out of the bus. She gave a small chuckle at the sight. Kyra laid on her bag in the bunk. It still hurt to lay on her stomach. She sighed and began humming tunes.

"What are you humming?" Kat asked not even looking at Kyra.

"Just this song I wrote."

"It sounds nice, what’s it about?"

"Ah....there's not really a story behind it."

"Its nice, I think I like it. So what did you say to Frank?"

"Na, you wouldn’t like it. Trust me. Nothing really. Just was there to listen. What'd Mikey say to you?"

"Oh you know same old same old, though he was right."

"He's always right and it annoys me sometimes."

"Yeah, well not only is he right but he's forced me to come back twice now. I hate your boyfriend sometimes."

"He really cares about you then."

"Yeah I know, something about being a little sister. Oh you should know I told him I wouldn't save him if you tried to rape him."

"Ha ha. Why would I have to rape him?"

"I have no idea. I just know that he was afraid of fan girls raping him so I said I would save him from them but not you. They should hire me as a body guard."

"I'd be scared too if I were him. All those screaming kids wanting to have your kids. That’s creepy."

"Do I need to protect you too?"

"No, I can protect myself."

Kat stopped talking for a while, and was back to staring at the ceiling. She knew this was her chance to talk to Kyra, but wasn’t sure if she really should get involved again. Kyra kept on humming, eventually mumbling the lyrics under her breath.

"That’s a nice song Kyra," Kat said, while still staring at the ceiling.

"Huh? No its terrible. So poppy."

"A little pop is good for the soul, sometimes."

"I hate it, but I cant stop writing it. It’s so frustrating"

"Have you been writing songs like that a lot?"

"Its all turned to pop shit."

"That’s weird. when did you start writing songs like that?"

"I don’t know. I can’t even remember when the transition happened."

"Why don't you want kids?"

"Writing songs is a shitty business. Change one word and you’ve changed the whole fucking song."

"I couldn’t write songs, now why don't you want kids?"

"Lucky you don't. Its a terrible business. Huh?"

"Why don't you want kids?"

Kyra rolled her eyes, "Mikey."

"Mikey is the reason you don't want kids?"

"No, I'm just stating that Mikey told you, right?"

"Yeah, I really don't think he meant to it just kind of slipped when I said something about how perfect you guys are and I didn't think I was coming back."

"You cant tell that boy anything," she sighed.

"So do you want to tell me why?"

"Kat, I don’t know why"

"You're nothing like her, just so you know."

"Like who?"

"Your mother."

"What has she got anything to do with this? I left her behind a long time ago and that’s where she staying."

"Mikey said, you said something about not wanting to turn out like her. And I'm telling you, you wont."

"How do you know that Kat? You don’t fucking know that I wont."

"Because Kyra, you wouldn't hurt a fly, and your mother was an awful woman. You aren’t and I wont let you become that way either."

"Fuck it Kat. I’m not going to take that chance and end up like her. I refuse."

Kat sighed, she didn't want to fight with Kyra she just wanted to help her, granted that never has really worked, "Sorry I said anything Kyra, it wasn't my place."

"You're right. It wasn't your place. Its just not fair for any kid to go through that."

Kat nodded not wanting to upset Kyra any more, they just started talking again.

"It's just not fucking fair," she sighed facing the wall

"Life never is fair."

"It's not fair," she sniffed, about to start crying. She kept trying to push out the thoughts of the baby but she let her mind become flooded with them.

"I'm sorry Kyra, I never should have gave you that diet idea. Don't let one bad experience stop you from having kids," Kat said as she got up from her bunk, walked to Kyra's and hugged her.

"I'm fine. Just leave me alone," she sobbed.

"I will be in my bunk if you need me, again I'm sorry."

Kyra crawled under the blankets and laid on her side, hugging the pillow up near her head, soaking the pillow with her tears. Kat got up and walked back over to her bunk, thinking maybe she shouldn't have came back. Kyra kept going until her throat was sore, eventually just laying there sniffling on her runny nose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?