Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Stitches, Coffee Mugs and Goodbyes.

She shoved clothes carelessly in her bag, not caring how they went. Tears streaming down her cheeks as she grabbed her bag from the bathroom. She knew it was well a truly over this time. No going back.

Kat and Frank had just made it back to the bus, hand in hand. Mikey passed them not saying anything he was to busy mumbling to himself to notice they was even there "She's a crazy bitch," he kept saying over and over, as he started to cry.

Mikey just kept walking he didn't know where was going, he just knew he had to get away. He was very confused. She shoved them in her bad and looked at the bag on the ground. No heavy lifting. Ah fuck it, she shrugged and picked it up and headed towards the front of the bus.

Kat and Frank looked at her for a second before Kat yelled, "Oh hell no. Get your ass back on that bus. You aren’t leaving."

"Yes I fucking am Kat!" She shouted back.

"Not til you tell me what the hell happened! And why my good damn coffee mug is broken," Kat said raising her voice a tad.

"You can ask Michael that. He's the one that fucking broke it."

"WHAT!? Why the hell did he do that for? What the hell is going on, Kyra?"

"We got into a fight. And that's it. It's fucking over."

"One little fight and you're breaking it off again? Six years down the drain, over one fight?"

"It's wasn’t a little fight Kat. This was six years worth put into one night!"

"Wanna tell me what happened?" Kat asked as she started to clean up the mess Mikey had made.

She sighed and sat down on her bag, "Long story short. We went to have sex, we didn’t. I went for a walk. He followed. We went separate ways. I came back, made coffee. Pushed him over the edge and he cracked and left."

"Why did you push him over the edge?"

"I just asked him to show some fucking emotion for once. Be mad, angry anything!"

"Well Kyra next time you do that, make sure he doesn't have my good coffee mug that I got from Japan. Why were you trying to get him to show something other than the love he has for you? What did the fight start over?"

"I don’t know! As mad as it sounds, he almost wasn’t human!"

"What do you mean he almost wasn’t human? Did he hit you?" Kat asked in a very calm voice as if nothing was wrong.

"FUCK NO KAT! Mikey would never hit. I mean, all this lovey dovey shit consumed him. Like that’s all he was. That’s all he knew. And he said I run from all my problems! I don’t fucking run. So I said fine I’ll fucking go for real and then he must of thrown the mug and left. And he’s gone and its all my fucking fault.”

"Shit," Kat yelled as she cut herself on a piece of glass, "Kyra it’s not your fault. I'm almost sure he left because he was getting too angry and he doesn't want you to see his angry side. When he is with you that’s all he has is a lovey dovey side. Trust me Kyra, that boy has anger, you should have seen him at the Hospital. He just hides it when he is with you," Kat sighed examining her hand more.

"I just kept pushing him Kat. If I'd just dropped it....Gah!" She said putting her head in her hand.

"Kyra not to change the subject but have you got your bath room shit in your bag? And I'm sure he understand that you where upset, what had you so upset other then him?"

Kyra stood up and handed her the bathroom bag she had taken, "I-I-I don't know. My mother, the baby. I don’t know anymore."

Kat rummaged through her bag but didn't find what she was looking for, "Kyra I'm sorry I shouldn't have said them things to you earlier. Give Mikey some time and he will come back, trust me he doesn't want to lose you.." Kat watched as her hand gushed blood, she was pretty sure glass was stuck in there but she couldn't find Kyra's tweezers.

“A-And well maybe I don’t want to give him time."

"Kyra, what are you saying exactly?" Kat couldn't find the tweezers so she handed the bag to Frank who found them easily and started to pull the glass out, "Fuck that hurts Frank," Kat practically shouted.

"I'm saying that that's it. Maybe I go back to Jersey. Bye bye tour."

"Kyra, don't you live in New York or some shit like that? Why would you go back to Jersey? When you say bye bye tour are you also saying by bye to us and Mikey?"

"Well I’m not going to live with him am I? So I’ll go back to Andy."

"How long has it been since you even talked to Andy?" Kat asked, as she looked at Kyra's left hand, noticing she still had the ring on her finger.

"I talked to him last week thank you very much. Well I'm sorry about your hand. Frank, good luck with the tour," Kyra said standing up.

"Kyra you cant go," Frank said, in a very serious voice.

"Yes I can. I’m over 18. I’m an adult"

"No I mean, if you don't drive this bus to the nearest Hospital we might be Kat-less, do you want that?"

"I can’t drive the bus Frank! This is your most idiotic plan yet."

"You have to! I have to be on stage soon and if you don't drive her or get her there another way she's lost too much blood.”

"I'm not going to the hospital. Full stop. Flat out no. I will gladly go play guitar for you but no hospital. I’d like to avoid them because of a few days ago."

"Kyra, you and I both know you cant play for shit. So you're willing to let Kat die?"

"YOU TOLD ME I WAS GOOD! Besides, don’t you have like medics inside?"

"You are at the songs from Revenge, but not this album. So will you please take her? I have something I need to do, before the show, that is if there is a show."

"Ugh fine. Can we go to the medic inside?"

"Yeah that’s fine. I don't like needles so you will have to stay with her while they stitch her up."

"Pfft. Don’t like needles. Why the fuck did you get them tattoos then,” Kyra snicked, walking behind him as he carried Kat inside.

Once they got to the medic Frank sat Kat down, "I…Uhm, have to go do something, stay with her okay Kyra?"

"Yeah sure," She sighed sitting down next to her friend.

Frank ran off he only had one thing on his mind right then and that was finding Michael James Way. Frank knew Kat would be mad at him, but he had to something. Meanwhile, back at the venue, Kyra had braided Kat’s hair, as a surprise for when she awoke.

“Kyra, how did we get here and why the hell did you braid my hair?" Kat was mad, not at Kyra of course but at Mikey, she was going to kill him.

"Uh...Frank carried you and I thought it was fun"

Kat was about to ask why when she looked down at her arm and realized she was all stitched up, "I lost too much blood didn't I?"

"Yeah, Frank has gone off to do something. He'll be back soon."

“Oh hell no, I know what he's gone to do and he isn’t doing it. That’s going to be my job," Kat told Kyra in one of those creepy calm but pissed off voices, "Do you have your phone?"

"Uhm yeah sure," She handed it to her.

Kat dialled Frank’s number. And waited for him to answer. She mumbled inaudible things into phone that Kyra couldn’t hear before hanging up.

“What was that all about?" Kyra asked.

"Well I'm gunna do something you may or may not want me to do, and Frank wants to help. Do you really plan on going back?"

"Yeah Kat, I do."

"Do you plan on ever being with Mikey again?"

"From now on, I’m not planning anything."

"Are you going to talk to any of us while we are still on tour and you are in Jersey?"

"Of course Kat. Just because we broke up doesn’t mean I’m going to stop talking to you!" She smiled, a few moments later Frank came back in.

"Kyra while I make this call, do me a favour, look at your left hand okay?"

"Why?"

"Just do it," Kat said to her as she used Kyra's phone again only this time she called Mikey.

"Fine," Kyra rolled her eyes and looked down at her hand, noticing the ring. Dammit. She'd forgotten to throw it at him. Kat smirked at Kyra, knowing she had seen the ring. Kat waited on Mikey to answer.

"Oh Mikey, I think you may want to get to the medic station at the venue."

"Because I think you may want to see the mess you have made."

"Frank how is she, has she woken up?" Kat just looked at Frank and Kyra and gave them a look that said not to say anything, "Mikey you should really be here there has been a lot of blood loss."

"Yes, now are you on you way?" Kat asked, and she was only half lying. The room was starting to spin as she waited on Mikey's reply.

Kyra looked at Kat, confused. She had no idea what Mikey had said, not that she really cared. Kat went to hand Kyra back, but dropped it instead, since she was seeing more than one of her.

"What the hell? Kat, Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine why?" Kat asked as she shut her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to stop the dizziness.

"Frank, get the medic," Kyra warned.

Frank came back with the medic just as Mikey came bursting the door.

"Why is there so many of you guys?" Kat asked seeing two of everyone.

"Kat, what the hell?" Kyra sat holding her hand, "There’s only one of us."

“No there are seven people in here, and a few minutes ago there was only two. My head hurts."

"Stay with me Kat,"

"So your not going to Jersey?" Kat asked as she fought to keep her eyes open.

"No, no. I’m going to stay here. Here with you."

Kat didn't even hear what she said, she had lost the fight, she passed out for the second time that night.

"Oh my god! Frank do something!"

"Like what? Tell the damn medic to do it not me."

"DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING!"

"Okay," Frank turned around where Mikey was and punched him. "Better."

"WHAT THE HELL?" Kyra shrieked turning around to see Mikey on the floor.

The medic started checking all of Kats vitals’ made sure she was breathing, "I think your friend will be fine," He said to Kyra.

"You told me to do something. And that is what Kat would have wanted me to do," Frank said.

"Do you mind if I carry your friend to a dressing room so she can rest?" The medic asked.

She nodded her head and the medic picked Kat up and carried her to a spear dressing room with two couches, "Give her this when she wakes up, it will help," He said handing her a few chocolate bars,

Kyra nodded and sat down on the other couch.

Frank came in to the room shortly, "Has she woke up yet?"

Kyra shook her head.

"We have to go on now, will you and her be here when we get off stage?"

"I don’t know. Maybe," Kyra shrugged.

"If you leave at least leave Kat a note, telling her I will be here when we're done, oh and Mikey is still breathing."

"That’s good. Got a bassist?"

"Yeah, but if Kat wakes up and remembers what happened, we will have no bassist. She wants to kill him."

"Ha ha. Good luck out there," She laughed.

Frank walked over to her and gave her a hug, "Don't let her die."

"I wont."

Frank nodded and walked out to go on stage, as to give the fans an awesome show as they always did. Kyra sat there, bored out of her brains listening to Gerard's screaming voice from the room. Kyra nearly fell asleep until Frank came back in.

"Over so soon?" She asked.

"No we just took a quick break and I wanted to see if you were still here and if Kat was awake yet. She's been out of it for a while, maybe we should have taken her to a real Hospital."

"She'll be fine. What’s it like out there?"

"Crazy, all the fans are insane, but no one is speaking to Mikey, not even Gee."

"Not even Gee?"

"No he’s pretty pissed that Mikey has Kat in this state. And he's also not happy that this is causing you to go back to Jersey."

"Oh okay. Well you better get back out there" She said
:
"Yeah, oh do you mind if we leave the door open? Gee thinks he know how to wake up Kat."

"Sure."

With that being said Frank went back on stage and got ready to play some more. Kyra sat back down on the sofa and sighed, hoping that Jersey would be better than this. The music came through louder and Kyra sat there thinking about what Frank had said about Gee

Kyra saw Kat stir in her state and lightly pushed her, "Kat, hurry up and tell Gerard to shut the fuck up"

The song had ended but another one had started, only this time Kat didn't want him to shut up, she wanted him to sing louder in her head she was sing along with him. Finally she woke up. "Louder," was the first thing she said.

"KAT!" She smiled.

"Kyra. You're here?" She asked as she sang to the song and looked for Gerard.

"Uhm yeah. You missed it though. Frank punched Mikey and now no one is talking to Mikey

"Frank did what? I bet his brother is. How long have I been out? "

“An hour or so and not even Gerard is."

"That’s strange, I bet its cause of the way Mikey treated you. My head still hurts, their on stage aren’t they?"

"Yeah," She said softly.

" I swear he hates me, I could hear him while I was out, in my mind I was yelling at him to shut up."

"He doesn’t hate you. Trust me."

"Why do you say that? Don't you know I sleep with one eye open at night cause of him."

"He's not that scary....okay maybe he is. But still if Frank can take down Mikey who is bigger than Gee than he could smash Gee if he wanted"

True but still why do you say he doesn’t hate me? Oh and next time Mikey tries to accidentally kill me do me a favour, take me to the hospital."

"Because I asked him. Listen, they're finished,” said Kyra as silenced filled the air.

"Yes, now its my turn to punch Mikey. And than find a drug dealer."

"And its my time to leave," Kyra said getting up.

Kat did the same thing wobbling as she stood.

"Sit down you idiot."

"No we have to leave, I need to find the drug dealer, my arm is killing me.”

"I'll call you when I get in Jersey okay?"

"No, you can't leave me alone with the guy who might murder me in my sleep and the guy who just tried to kill me. Please don't go."

"I'm sorry but I have to. I'm not staying here," she said softly, heading for the door

"Kyra just for the night wait til in the morning and then go, it’s dangerous out there, you can even stay in my bunk if you want."

"Kat, I just can't."

"I think you can, its not safe to hitch hike at night, besides look what you still have on."

"I'm not hitch hiking. I'm getting a cab. And what’s wrong with what I’ve got on?" She said, looking down at her jeans and tee

"Left hand."

Kyra glanced down and looked at the silver ring that haunted her, "So? I’ll take it off right now if you want."

"No, I'm just saying you still care don't throw it all away... Why did you wait til I woke up?"

"Because Frank told me to. Otherwise I was just going to leave a note and I wasn’t leaving you in a note"

"Thank you."

"Is there a bathroom around here?"

"How should I know, I've been passed out. No thanks to Mikey, where are the guys anyway?"

"They'll be here in a minute," Kyra said walking into the bathroom connected to the dressing room. She shut and locked the door. Kyra took the ring off of her finger and put it on the chair on her necklace, hiding it under her shirt. She pretended to flush the toilet and wash her hands before coming back out.

"I'll miss you," Kat said looking at her best friend and wondering how should survive the rest the tour with out her.

"I'll miss you too. Look after Frank," Kyra said, blowing a kiss and walking out.

Kyra walked off quickly to the bus, hoping to avoid anyone and everyone. She went back and opened the bus doors.

Kat started to cry she really would miss her. Kat waited on one of the guys to come and get her she still felt kind of woozy. She sat there lost in her own thoughts and praying to god Kyra really was taking a cab and not hitchhiking again, when the came flying open and Frank walked in.

"You're awake!" He smiled.

"Nope I'm sleeping with my eyes open," she smiled back.

He walked over and lightly kissed, "Murdoch gone?"

"Yep, on her way to Jersey."

"That sucks."

"Yeah it does, so ready to get back on the bus, so I can murder Mikey?"

"Good luck with that. There’s a queue. I think Mikey wants to do it himself at the moment since no ones talking to him," he chuckled helping her up.

“Yeah Kyra said the same thing but I have a hard time believing Gerard, the man who hates me, is not talking to Mikey. And I plan on poisoning him."

He laughed and put her arm over his neck for support and helped her back to the bus. Kyra quickly went through the bus once more and grabbed a few more things and picked up her bag, ready to leave.

Kat kissed his cheek once they got back to the bus, "Set me on the couch please?"

Frank helped her on the couch and sat next to her, watching as Kyra got her last things

"Catch ya round guys," Kyra said.

"Bitch, you better get back here and hug me," Kat said with a sad smile on her face.

She dropped her bag and happily hugged her and Frank, trying to get out before Mikey appeared.

"You better call me at least two times a day everyday-" Kat stopped what she was saying as the rest the band got on the bus a sad looking Mikey trailing behind them.

Kat got up and wobbly walked over to Mike, first she slapped him on the arm, "That’s for Kyra and my damn coffee mug."

Next she slapped him right on the face, "That’s for almost killing me. And for making my best friend leave," Kat smiled.

"Kat, just sit down," Kyra sighed, pulling her back to Frank.

"He deserves a lot worse. Be safe, call me when you get there okay?"

"I will," she smiled picking up her bag, "See you later guys," Kyra said, walking past the rest of the guys and off outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the ultra long chapter.
But it should hold you out til I can get back on the computer after meeting Kellan Lutz.