Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Deja Vu Much?

Kyra sighed. Half an hour later and she could still not get a cab. There was only one other option left that she could do and she really didn’t want to do it. Go back to the bus. Kyra slung her bag over her shoulder and dawdled down the street. Kat didn't wait on Gerard to reply, she ran to the bathroom, pulled out her cell and dialled Kyra's number.

Kyra fumbled through her bag to find her cell, "Hello?"

"Kyra, have you got a cab yet?"

"No, I haven’t. This gay town mustn’t believe in cabs or something."

"I have to ask you two very important questions I need to ask you. Okay?"

"Uh okay."

"Did you really flush the ring?"

"Did I what?"

"Flush Mike’s ring?"

"What? No! What makes you think that."

"I heard the toilet flush and then the ring wasn't on your hand, so I was talking to Gee and told him and then he told Mikey. Oh, Mikey asked about you."

"He asked about me?"

"Yes, and the ring."

"What about me and the ring?" Kyra asked, kicking a can in front of her.

“He just asked if you were okay, and if the ring was laying on his bunk.... So should I let him think you flushed it or tell him you didn't flush it?"

"I don’t know. He's going to assume it anyway when I get on the bus," she sighed.

"You're coming back?"

"Well I can’t get a cab. Do you want me to hitch hike? I don’t think so."

“HELL NO! Where are you? I will come get you, unless you want to walk. Oh I still have a question."

"It's alright. I’m almost there. What is it?"

"When you said you wanted Mikey to show more emotion, that wasn't code for be more like Gerard was it?" Kat sighed, hoping her mind was just going crazy and that’s not what Kyra meant.

“Kat, why would I say that when if I really wanted to, which I don’t, be with Gerard?"

"Kyra, I mean do you want him emotionally to be like Gee? I know you love Mikey, but something about you always wants Gee maybe that’s the one thing Gee has that Mikey doesn't."

"I don’t know, but I'm here now," she said hanging up the phone and getting on the bus.

Kat let out a sigh and walked out of the bathroom, just as she heard the door open, she yelled, "I'm in the back." Once back there she sat down and waited on Kyra.

Kyra took a deep breath and walked in, past Frank and Mikey and into the back. She shut the door and dropped her bag before sitting down.

Kat looked at Kyra before hugging her, "Welcome back."

"I would say it’s good to be back but that would actually require it to be good,” she laughed.

Kat smiled, "You know if you didn't come back the band would have been over right?"

"I doubt it. Besides, I might leave once we hit the next town and I can get a cab."

"Kyra, without you we have no lyricist, or a photo person, or a press person plus the guys would be lost with out you.”

"Well you've got Gerard. He's alright with lyrics. And you could hire a photographer. And as for the guys being lost? Buy them a map."

"Kyra, what about me? I would be lost too, you going to buy me a map?"

"Oh fine. We'll see. I guess I can stay if you need me that much," Kyra laughed, walking over to get a guitar and sheet of paper.

"Thank you," Kat smiled as she watched her friend.

She started to tune the acoustic guitar and looked at Kat's hand, "I'm sorry bout your hand. How is it?"

"It hurts like hell. Damn Mikey, lucky he’s even standing."

Kyra chuckled, "Well I'm sorry again."

"It’s not your fault, stop saying sorry."

"Sorry..."

Kat just shook her head, "So what’s with the guitar and paper?”

"I've just this idea in my mind. It's not even that good but," Kyra said as Kat yawned and nodded.

"You really should go get some rest. It's been a long day."

"I don’t want to because when I wake up you'll be gone!"

"I promise I won't leave Kat, now go get some rest."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"It's good to have you back," Kat said, shuffling out tired and shutting the door behind her.

Kat walked out to the front if the bus where Mikey and Frank where sitting with confused looks on there faces. Kat looked and pointed at Mikey, "Behave yourself! Understand?" She then looked to Frank, "Baby, I'm going to go to bed, you coming or you going to stay with Mikey?"

"I'm coming," he said following his girlfriend into the bunk.

Kyra started to scribble down lyrics and guitar notes, playing some and writing them down. This was her own way to vent her feelings out, even if they were incredibly sweet things about Mikey.

Mikey, being as curious as a cat, walked to the back of the bus and stood at the shut door trying to see if he could hear anything. He could hear the muffled sound of a guitar and her voice singing one minute, grumbling the next. She kept going for another ten minutes before he plucked up the courage to finally knock on the door. He waited a few moments and knocked again after not getting a reply.

"Yeah?" She asked, unsure of who it was.

"Can we talk?"

"If this is about doing your make up again, I'm not doing it Gerard," Kyra sighed, getting up and putting the song lyrics in a folder.

"It’s not Gerard."

Kyra chuckled, "Well who is it-" she said opening the door, "Mikey."

"No it’s his ghost. Kat killed him for being a miserable ass hole," Mikey smirked.

Kyra rolled her eyes, "Whatever," she said sitting back down in the same spot.

"So can we talk?"

"If you've got something to say then say it. Because last time I checked, there was nothing to say"

"Sorry," he said and walked out the door to his bunk.

Kyra shook her head at his attempt and mucked around with notes on her guitar, her mind thinking of Mikey the whole time.

Gerard on the other hand, decided he couldn't sleep, "Kat, Frank, any of you awake?"

"Hey Gerard," Kyra muttered, walking out to get coffee.

He was amazed to see her here. In the same bus as his brother, "You're really here?" He asked following her, not needing Frank or Kat now.

She nodded her head, "Couldn't get a cab so look where I am," Kyra poured a coffee and offered Gerard one.

"Please," he smiled, "So Kat said you flushed the ring?"

She poured one and handed it to him before leaning back against the bench, "I guess she said that."

"So did you do it?"

"Why would I tell you Gerard? So you can be the big brother and tell him?"

"I already told him you did.”

"Well bad luck for you, because I didn’t."

"So you still want him?"

Kyra finished her coffee, "No comment," she smiled, tapping his cheek and walking off to the back room to get some sleep

"Night," he called as he sipped his coffee.

"Night," she copied as she shut the door and laid down on the couch before falling asleep

Kyra woke up the next morning and put on one of her grey hoodies from her bag before shuffling out for coffee. Everyone was still asleep or so she thought. After pouring a cup, she turned around and saw Mikey sitting at the table, also with a cup.

"Deja vu much?" She sighed.

"Sure," Mikey replied coldly.

She leaned against the bench, like she did last night, slowly sipping her coffee. Kyra occasionally stole glances at him before he noticed, returning her eyes to the floor.

"So?" Mikey said trying to start a conversation.

"So," Kyra nodded.

"What’s new?" He asked, trying his best to be civil with Kyra and not get all lovey dovey on her.

"Not much. You?"

"Oh you know, wasting money and pointless things, trying to kill people. The normal."

"Sounds fun..." she mumbled.

"Loads."

"Totally,” Kyra finished the rest of the coffee and put the mug down before she wiped her mouth with the corner of her sleeve as she always did. Her feet then led her back to where she slept.

Mikey sat there and just stared at the spot Kyra was previously standing, while drinking his coffee, trying to figure out why she was glancing at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some comments would be nice but no biggie.