Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

If You Want To Play, I'll Play Back.

Kyra went off and grabbed a change of clothes from her bag before walking off to have a shower. She came back out a few minutes later and started to towel dry her hair. Mikey was still sitting in the same place when Kyra came out while Kat and Frank had just woken up but neither one was making an attempt to get up.

Standing at the bench, Kyra pulled out a muffin along with a jar of strawberry jam to make some breakfast. Opening up the jam, she was curious as to what it tasted like before she put it on, so she dipped her finger into the jam and put it into her mouth. A small smile appeared on her face and she happily spread it on the muffin with a knife.

"Ew double dipper!" Mikey yelled, with a look of disgust on his face.

"Oh please," she said turning around, "I've done that a million times! And besides, you still ate it.”

"EW!" Mikey exclaimed as he got up and went to the back of the bus yelling, "She double dipped and I ate it."

She chuckled and slid into where he was sitting. She didn’t actually ever double dip and give it to him to eat. This was just a form of payback. Kyra began eating her breakfast with a grin on her face.

Kat, Frank, Gerard all walked from the bunk area with many different looks on their faces. Gerard being the first to speak looking directly at Kyra, "Will you please tell me, and these two, why the hell Mikey is having a damn spaz attack that woke me from my peaceful sleep?"

"Well," she said swallowing her food, "I told him I double dipped when I made his food."

"Kyra, please if you're going to get real or pretend revenge on assholes, don't do it so damn early," Kat groaned as she walked to the coffee pot to pour her, Frank and Gerard a cup.

"Oh well," Kyra shrugged, munching on the muffin.

"So, why are you up so early any way?" Frank asked Kyra while he watched Kat make coffee and Gerard glare at Mikey.

"I thought I’d get up and have some coffee. I'm going to go back and write," Kyra said, getting up and gliding to the back room. She shut the door and turned around and stopped in her tracks. "What are you doing in here Mikey?"

Mikey turned around suddenly, her lime green folder directly in his hands.

"I just wanted to see if I could see what you were writing. You know, get a sneak peak of something we might be playing?" Mikey smiled.

"No, no, no," she said lunging for the folder and snatching it off of him.

"Don't have a cow Kyra, I didn't look. Just thought I would get you back for the double dipping thing," he smirked.

"You better not have," she glared, looking through the folder to find the song.

Mikey chuckled, "Can I ask you something? And get a real answer please?"

"What is it?" She asked, putting a hand on her hip, "This isn’t funny."

"Did you really flush the ring? Or was Gee just being an asshole of a big brother?"

"What do you think I did?"

"I don't know. That’s why I asked you."

"And I'm asking you what do you think I did with it?"

"I like to think you didn't flush it, but you're not wearing it. So where is it?”

Kyra sighed and held her hand up to her chest, playing with it through her shirt, "I don’t know,"
she shrugged.

"Tell me where it is please."

"Do you want it back?"

"Only if you don't want to work things out."

Kyra sighed and moved the ring onto the front of her hoodie, showing the ring, "I can’t believe you thought I flushed it."

"I didn't. I just wanted to know if you were still wearing it," he smirked and walked out of the room.

Kyra stood there, mouth agape and watched him walk off. She had just been played. Played by Mikey. The person she never expected to be played by. Mikey walked back in to the living area of the bus, his smirk still plastered on his face when he sat down between Kat and Frank. She grabbed the guitar in a huff and went out, sitting on the sofa.

"What’s going on?" Frank asked.

"Nothing," Kyra snapped.

"Kyra why don't you tell them?" Mikey asked, that smirk still on his face.

"Tell them what exactly Michael?" She said through her teeth, draping her arm over the guitar, waiting for his answer.

"You know what Kyra," he said, just toying with her now.

"Oh okay. How about I tell them through song?" She smirked.

"Can you really make a song about being gay?"

"Anyone could do that Michael. They'd just have to sing a song with your name in it."

Mikey’s jaw dropped open, "Being with a gay girl would have been better than being in bed with you."

"Yeah well, being with anyone would have been better than being in bed with you,” she snapped back, quite proud of herself.

"So that’s why you moaned Kat’s name when we were together. Kat I didn't know you swung that way? Frank were you aware of that?" Mikey asked with a serious look on his face, he was pissed and he wanted everyone to know it.

"What the hell Mikey!? Kat, that so isn't true!" Kyra shrieked, looking at Kat who shook her head at Mikey, “We all know you're fucking lying Michael. C'mon and prove it. I'd like to see you try. I'm waiting for an answer. Hurry up. The spotlight is on."

"You don't hear Kat denying it. Actually she looks as guilty as hell. I don't have to prove shit, since you think anyone is better than me. You've probably been with everyone on this tour bus."

Her mind flashed of guilt about Gerard, "You honestly think that I've slept with everyone on this tour bus? Well sweetie, it takes a whore to know a whore."

Mikey laughed, "So Batty Kat, why so afraid to tell your man you cheated on him? And no sorry Kyra, but I've been faithful for six damn years, too bad you and Kat can’t say the same. What are you two hiding if it isn't that you're gay ass whores?"

Kyra walked off to the room coming back with the lyrics she'd written the previous night, "I'm fucking glad I didn’t have that baby," she cried, rolling the paper into a ball and throwing it at him before running back into the room, locking it behind her.

Mikey laughed, and yelled "It probably wasn't even mine. So Kat, what’s the secret?" He was tired of playing games with Kyra, she may have started them, but he planned on finishing them.

"Mikey, there is no secret. You're fucking paranoid," Kat said getting up and walking off.

Frank got up and followed her, "You're a fucking disgrace. You should be ashamed of yourself," he pointed before leaving.

Mikey laughed a humourless laugh. As he realized the only one left was Gerard, "What? You haven’t got something to say?" He asked wondering why Gerard was still in the room.

"Frank pretty much summed up what I was going to say, so why say anything other than what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"She wants emotion from me and that’s what I gave her. She wants to play games, I'll play back. That’s what’s wrong with me."

"Mike," he sighed.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'm not going to tell how to live your life but you've changed."

"Oh yeah and how have I changed?" Mikey challenged.

"You-Ah don't worry. I'm going to go check on Kyra. I can’t fucking believe you," Gerard said, walking off, "Don’t even bother to read that paper since you obviously don’t care," he called out.

Then it hit Mikey. He never really wanted to hurt Kyra. He was just so pissed off that she was playing games with his head. He put the paper in his pocket, and walked off the bus not caring if they found him this time.

Gerard went down and knocked on the door, "Ky?"

"Go away," she sniffed through the door.

Kat sighed, "Gee we've already tried. She wont talk to any of us,” She looked at Gerard with the saddest look while Frank just nodded about what Kat said not noticing the sad look she was giving Gerard.

"Ky...c'mon open up. Mike's gone," Gerard said into the door.

The door creaked open and she came out, running off past everyone, determined to find Mikey.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate Mikey right now.