Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Give Me Your Hands.

"W-What?" She said playing with the ring around her neck.

"I want you to try and find someone who will make you happy, not fight with you or almost kill your best friend. We’ve spent six years together, but that doesn't mean I'm the one for you and I want you to find out for sure if I'm the one or not. I can’t cause you any more pain Kyra, I wont allow it."

"Mikey," she breathed, it was all she could say.

"What Kyra?" He asked almost ready to cry, he didn't want to do this but he needed to, for her.

"B-But," Kyra stuttered, her mind busy racing with thoughts of what to say

"Kyra what is it? I'm not forcing you out of my life. I just think you need to find someone better, someone who doesn't hurt you or anyone else. If you want I will catch a cab to the next town we play at, so you have time to think about this... You need this," he couldn't even look at her.

"Mikey, no please no."

"Kyra you need this. I can’t hurt you anymore. I've already caused you so much," He had started to silently cry.

"Mikey..." she whimpered, sitting back down in the gutter.

"Yes?"

"T-The piece of paper. Look at it."

His hands went into his pocket, taking out the paper ball. He undid it and tried to straighten up the paper to make it easier to read. Her messy hand writing was all over the place but Mikey still could read it.

You're the direction I follow to get home
When I feel like I can't go on, you tell me to go
And it's like I can't feel a thing without you around
And don't mind me if I get weak in the knees
'Cause you have that effect on me, you do

Everything you say
Every time we kiss, I can't think straight
But I'm okay
And I can't think of anybody else
Who I hate to miss as much as I hate missing you

Months going strong now, and no goodbye
Unconditional, unoriginal
Always by my side
Meant to be together
Meant for no one but each other
You love me, I love you harder so

Everything you say
Every time we kiss, I can't think straight
But I'm okay
And I can't think of anybody else
Who I hate to miss as much as I hate missing you

So please, give me your hands
So please, give me a lesson on how to steal, steal a heart
As fast as you stole mine, as you stole mine

Oh and everything you say
Every time we kiss, I can't think straight
But I'm okay
And I can't think of anybody else
Who I hate to miss as much as I hate missing you

So please, give me your hands
So please, just take my hand.


Mikey just looked at the paper, he didn't know what to say or do. He didn't want to hurt her, but he needed her so much. But he couldn't let himself have her again after all the shitty things he just said to her about being a gay whore, and with Kat of all people.

"I can’t let you do this Kyra, you just think all of this stuff about me because you haven’t had anyone but me, you need to find someone else."

What made him say that was the thought of what he said about their dead un-born child. No wonder Gerard and Frank hated him. Right now he hated himself.

"No, no I don’t," she shook her head.

"Yes you do. Call Gerard or Frank or Kat or even Ray and Bob, and I bet they will all tell you the same thing. That I'm an ass hole and you should try to find someone to make you happy..."

"That's because they're angry at you! That doesn’t count!" She pleaded.

"Bob and Ray aren't as mad as the other three are, and it does count even with them angry. You know they would tell you the truth."

"That's not the truth! You know it’s not the truth!"

"Kyra you have to do this. You have to know for sure you can spend the rest your life with me. I won’t allow myself to hurt you anymore. Just call one of them and see what they say," He said praying she would call someone because he knew they would tell her the truth and it was a good way to see if he should sleep on the bus tonight or take a cab.

"I can, I mean I do know I can...unless you're just trying to get rid of me."

"That’s not it Kyra. I'm trying to stop you from making the biggest mistake of your life, without knowing if it’s what you truly want," Mikey sighed.

Back at the bus, the rest of the band had just been informed that they were leaving to head to the next stop on tour, "What do you mean we are leaving?" Kat yelled as she dug her phone out to call.

She found her cell phone and started to dial Kyra’s number, “If we leave without her, I will personally kill you,” She pointed at the bus driver as she waited for an answer.

"Biggest mistake? Mikey do you hear yourself talking? You aren't a mistake."

"You don't know that Kyra, maybe I am, maybe you would be better off with someone who treats you right."

"And you don’t know that you aren’t!"

Mikey sighed, "Kyra you're right, but I know that if you stay with me and you stay this unhappy it will kill me. I have to know for sure that I'm the one for you."

"Fine is that what you want? For me to go find someone else? That could be a complete scum bag? Wind up having seven kids and live in a trailer park?"

"You won’t do that. Kat and the guys and me won’t let that happen. Besides you don't want kids, remember, and you would never live in a trailer park! You can barely stand a tour bus. Kyra you're a smart girl, you would never let any of those things happen. Is that your phone ringing?"

"Whoever it is can wait," she hissed, "Oh but then there's Mr.-come-back-to-my-place-where-I-will-rape-you-and-hack-your-body-into-tiny-little-pieces-and-no-one-will-ever-know."

"Kyra, you don't fall for those types of guys. Please don't make me beg you not to let me ruin what’s left of your life."

"What’s left? You're talking as if you know when someone is going to murder me. And how would you know what guys I fall for?"

Kat sighed as she got the voice mail, "Damn you Kyra! The bus is leaving without you, I'm staying back to come find you and I bet the dickhead you're with, If I get raped it will be your fault," Kat hung up and got her jacket and shoes.

"Whoa, whoa. Where do you think you're going?" Frank said, holding her arm

"Well the bus is leaving so I'm going to find Kyra and him. We can’t leave them behind."

"Yes, I know the bus is leaving but if you go then it's going to leave you behind. Like I said, let them figure it out on their own. Don’t get involved Kat. I begging you, don't get involved."

"Fine Frank, but I'm not letting the bus go back if Kyra does the smart thing and punches Mikey and tells him how much she loves him, Got that?"

"What do you mean Kat?"

"I mean if they call us in ten minutes and say turn around we're not doing it. And its obvious how much she loves him, so what I am saying is they find their own way to the next show."

"That's what I mean. Let them work it out themselves. That includes finding their own way," Frank said pulling her closer to him

Kat kissed Frank, "Okay you can go I wont kill you." she called to the guy driving the bus.

“Kyra, I don't know but you did fall for me. So probably really sweet guys or ones with anger problems."

"Fine then. While I'm off getting murdered I hope you enjoy having sex with some bimbo who will probably give you an STD," she said, trying to push the mental image out of her mind.

"Kyra, I won’t be getting an STD. I wont be with anyone else and you wont get murdered. I wont let that happen."

"You say that now Mikey but we don't know that you might meet some prettier less fucked up girl."

“Kyra I have no intention of doing that. I would go gay first, plus I only have eyes for you, no one else. But you need to be sure its me and only me you want, marring me means in sickness and health, death do us part, and I don't want you hiring a hit man."

"Oh please. Let's see how long that lasts. I can imagine it now," she mumbled under her breath, "Why would I need to hire a hit man when Kat will do it for free"

Mikey's face changed at the mention of her name. He normally wouldn't be afraid of a girl but to him Kat was like a half man half woman. His nose still from when she hit him, "Kyra that’s not funny. I don't think she will ever forgive me. I'm so dead when I get back on that bus. Please though try to find someone who makes you happy and doesn't hurt you."

Kyra shook her head, "Mikey, no."

"Kyra, you have to do this for yourself and for me."

"No, Mikey, I wont. I’m sorry"

Mikey needed her to see someone else but what could he say to make her see that, he was very lost in his thoughts as he sat down beside Kyra.

"If I cant have you and your ring then...," she sighed, "The only rings I want buried with me are the ones around my eyes"

"What are you saying Kyra?"

"That it’s you or no one."

"You say that now but what happens in ten years when you realize I wasn't the one for you? Or if we fight again and I actually kill your hit woman?"

"Or in ten years when I realize you were the one?"

"If I'm the one it wouldn't take you ten years to know, but it would to not know because you're always with me, the guys and the hit woman you have for a best friend. I'm just saying unless you really have cheated on me, then how do you know I'm the one?"

"Because I love you so much," she muttered, pressing her lips to his.

At first he didn't kiss back but after a second or so he did, "So did you ever figure out who called you?"

"It doesn't matter," she said pulling out her chocolate bar and eating some. Kyra offered some to him.

"Kyra, you better at least see if they left a voice mail it might have been important," he replied before leaning over and taking a bite of the candy.

"If it was important, they would have rung back. And how many times do I have to tell you! Take smaller bites you pig!"

"Kyra I think you should check something-" He stopped as he look at his watch, "Oh my god Kyra I bet you ten bucks that was your hit woman calling you!" Mikey smiled as he took an even bigger bite of her candy, but with a worried look in his eyes.

"Why do you assume it was her?"

"Because look at the time, just check your phone and see if I'm right."

"Ugh fine," Kyra said pulling her cell out of her pocket and getting into her voicemail. She held it to her ear and after listening to it shut it. "Shit.."

"Was it the hit woman and are we walking?"

"Yes and yes."

"Told you that you should have answered," Mikey smirked.

"Oh shut the fuck up," she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feeling extra generous.
Last one for tonight.
Song is 6 Months by Hey Monday.