Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

You Can't Decide It.

"This is just great," Kyra muttered after learning that Kat and the rest of the band had left without them.

"Kyra calm down. We'll just get a cab and go to the next place that way," Mikey sighed.

"You can do that. There’s no way I’m spending four hours in a cab."

"You either spend it in the backseat or in the trunk. I'm not letting you walk."

"Who said anything about walking?" She said, raising an eyebrow.

"Well if you're not going by cab, how do you plan to get there?"

"Who said I plan to get there?"

"What do you mean? Where are we going? You know I can’t miss a show and if you don't go, your hit woman you call a best friend might hunt me down and kill me... I'm too young to die."

"You’re going back but I don’t know. We'll see were it takes me."

"Kyra, don't make me call the hit woman and tell her you're not coming back. She will be so mad at us both.. You don't go I don't go."

"Oh please. You're going to call her? You’re too scared."

"I will call her if I have to. If it gets your ass on that bus I will do what ever it takes," Mikey’s face was a little pale as he though of calling Kat.

"Mikey, you can go if you want. Nothing is stopping you."

"No, a certain someone is stopping me," Mikey said as he stuck his hand in his pockets looking for his phone.

"You know they wont come back for us? May as well wait til tomorrow and make them come get us."

"May as well get our asses in cab. I really don't want Kat and a band mob killing us both, so do I need to call her and have her talk some damn since in to you, or will you do this the easy way? We had our chance but some one didn't answer their phone, did they?"

"Fucking blame it on Kyra. Whatever, I'm out," she said getting up and walking off.

Mikey got up and chased after her while dialling Kat’s number hoping they hadn't left yet.

"You know, that chocolate bar would have lasted me til tomorrow but you just had to eat it all didn’t you!?" She yelled at him while still walking.

"Yes I did, now slow the hell down," Mikey finally hit send and waited to see if Kat would answer.

"Why should I?" She smirked.

"Because I'm calling the hit woman and you love me!"

Kat pulled her cell out of her pocket while sitting next to Frank in the bunk, "Its him," She rolled her eyes, "Hello?"

"Don’t use that on me Mr.-you-need-to-find-someone-else," Kyra shouted.

"Kat, have you guys left yet?"

"Of course we've left! We left nearly 90 minutes ago asshole," Kat said.

"I still think you should try that, by the way I'm on the phone with her now."

"What’s going on?" Kat asked.

"And I still think you should try going back without me!" Kyra said walking faster.

"Your crazy ass best friend wont get in a damn cab with me and a bunch of other shit,” he told Kat while chasing after Ky.

"Well I wonder why? Since you fucking accused of her sleeping with me and everyone else and not to add that the baby wasn’t yours."

"Kat you can kill me later I promise, just please help me get her to what ever town you guys are going to,” He breathed into the phone, "Ky, don't make me tackle you."

"You wouldn’t fucking dare," Kyra snapped.

"It’s her choice. I want her to come but why should see if it means seeing your ugly face everyday? I wouldn’t come back either."

"I would, and I will, and the hit woman isn’t here to stop me."

"Oh I’m so scared!" She laughed.

"Kat she loves me, or at least she says she does, by the way she didn't flush the ring. Just so you know I tried to get her to leave me and never come back. I told her to go off and find someone else and she wont listen."

"That’s because she’s in fucking love with you! You don’t deserve to have her in love with you after what you said today!"

"Kyra, you have till the count of ten to slow down or I will tackle you."

"DONT YOU FUCKING TACKLE HER MIKEY" Kat yelled over the phone.

"I know that I told her that, I even tried to get her to call you and ask you, but she said you didn't count cause you where mad at me.. How the hell will you stop me?" Mikey began to speed up, he was going to catch Kyra whether she liked it or not.

"Let’s just say you wont ever sleep on this bus while I’m around."

"I can live with that. I can’t leave her in this town with no where to even sleep."

"There's a motel not far from where the bus was you douche. If you told her to leave you then why are you going after her you idiot!?"

"Because I can’t just leave her here! I told her to just be my friend and see other people, make sure she wanted to spend her life with me."

"What the fuck did she say?"

Kyra felt an arm wrap around her waist and pull her to the ground, falling on top of Mikey, "Get the fuck off of me!"

"Told you I would do it," Mikey smirked at her, forgetting he had Kat on the phone.

"You idiot. And you want to spend the rest of your life with her? You’re an idiot. Why do I hear yelling? If you’ve fucking touched her you’re fucking dead."

"Can you get off of me!?" Kyra shrieked, trying to squirm out of his grasp.

"Kat why am I an idiot?"

"You’re an idiot all right!" Kyra shouted.

"Not til you agree to get in a cab with me. Kyra shut up before you get me killed."

"I'm not going to shut up. Kaaatttt! He's got me!"

"Mikey! Let her go!"

"NO!" Mikey yelled at both of them.

Kyra started to kick his lower leg, hoping it would distract him.

"Whatever. Just get her fucking back by tomorrow. And if not then let her go. She'll come back eventually.”

"I don't know why I even funking called you, you're no damn help."

"I'm no help because of what you fucking did asshole," she said hanging up.

Mikey sighed, "Maybe we shouldn't go back at all."

"We? So there’s a we now?" Kyra said

"Yes, as in you and me, unless you are going to take me up on the find someone else deal, then there will be a Kyra and a Mike ,best friends on the run which I guess would still kind of be a we."

"I'm not taking you up on anything. And you aren’t my best friend."

"What am I?"

"You're the man who I love but doesn't want me."

"You know that’s not what it is, by the way Kat says I don’t deserve your love."

"Yes it is. And I know Kat is probably right but I don’t care!"

"NO! Kyra, I fucking love you so much. I don't want to hurt you. You need to see other people to know for sure. That’s all I meant by what I said."

"Sure you fucking do! Now get off of me!"

"Whatever Kyra I'm tired of trying, I just can’t please you!” He said letting her go before walking off.

Kyra stood up and brushed herself off, "Yeah? Well how can you say that I'm the one? You expect all of this from me but you wont do the same? That’s weak!"

Kyra walked across the road and together, they walked in the same direction but on opposite sides of the road. Mikey just ignored her. He was tired of trying and didn't really care anymore. She walked back to the gas station and sat back down in the gutter. Maybe he was right. Maybe she needed to find someone else.

Mikey just kept walking. He didn't even realize Kyra had stopped following him, he was very lost in thought. After walking for twenty minutes, he stopped to see that she wasn’t with him anymore. He pulled out his phone and texted her ‘I’m sorry.’

A few minutes later he was met with a reply.

'Its a game and we're all just victims of love. -K.'

‘How do we win this game?’

'You cant decide it. -K.'

‘So what do we do now than?’

'Food? -K.'

‘I don't even know where you are.’

'Gas Station. You? -K.'

‘Not really sure, I just stopped and I realized you stopped following me. Want me to come there?’

'Okay. -K.'

‘On my way. - xo Mikey.’


She gave a small chuckle at the last part and waited.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?