Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

But I Digress.

The blonde tapped her fingers against the metal frame of the chair while clutching her familiar lime green folder in her arms. She nodded once the assistant told her it was fine to go in, slowly getting up from her position. Kyra took a deep breath, looking at the door. There was nothing particularly special about this door. It was just like a regular door. Wooden, rectangular in shape and a shiny door handle. But it was what, or more importantly, who was behind this door.

She knew little about the people behind the door except for the fact that they were very important. This one meeting would probably make or break her. This one meeting would prove that she could make it outside of her sheltered world that she had been living in for the past few years.

Her knuckles banged against the wooden door for a moment before the door creaked open. Kyra took a few steps inside, closing the door behind her. She turned around to see two men, both appeared to be a tad shorter than herself from what she could tell while they were seated, fighting with words.

“It doesn’t work!” The one wearing a hat said.

“I’m telling you it does,” the other remarked.

“It might work but it sure as hell doesn’t make sense! Just for once, can we have some proper lyrics?”

“It does make sense! Sing it again!”

“I don’t-”

“Just do it,” the hoodie clad man said through his teeth.

This ain’t a scene, it’s a goddamned arms race
I’m not a shoulder to cry on
But I digress


Kyra thought about the words just sung by the man and thought for a moment, still going unnoticed.

“I’m a leading man and I lies I weave are oh so intricate, oh so intricate,” she said aloud.

The two men shot their heads up, looking at Kyra confused.

“I-I-I-I’m sorry. I just thought I’d help,” she muttered to the floor.

“Oh no, it’s fine. Kyra, right?” One of the men asked, standing up to greet her.

“Uh yeah, that’s me,” Kyra nodded, shaking the man’s hand.

“Great! We were wondering when you were going to get here. I’m Patrick by the way and that over there is Pete,” Patrick smiled, pointing over at Pete with his spare hand.

Pete waved and was met with a small wave and smile from Kyra. Once they got past the initial introductions and part of a life story introduction, the trio set down to work.

It wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be. Patrick was incredibly friendly, often going to call him Ray before realising where she was. And Pete. Pete wasn’t exactly how Mikey described him. Sure, he had his Gerard moments but in the end, he came good.

The next few weeks were going to be a piece of cake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Go and read this and flood her with comments.
Please? Thoughts? Comments?