Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Of Course! What Was I Thinking?

"What about James?" He paused, "Have you decided on a middle name yet?"

Kyra shook her head, "No."

"Well..?" Mikey asked.

"Mike, you guys are in Europe in six months right?"

"No I don't think so...Not really sure."

"Gee, where will the tour be?" She asked.

"Uh...End of America and start of Europe...I think..." he said.

"And where will I be?" Kyra sighed.

"You will be with us of course, right?" Mikey asked.

"Wrong!"

"Well then where will you be?"

"Having your baby!"

"Yes and I will be with you. They can find a fill in. I'm not going to be playing a show while you are giving birth to my first son."

"Oh and I suppose Gerard can find a fill in?"

"If he needs to. I will let you decide. Who do you want there more? The father of the child or your boyfriend?" Mikey asked, thinking about what Lily said to him and wondering more if it was true or not.

"What? You've got to be kidding me!"

"You’re right. What was I thinking? Of course you want Gee there, I will stay and play bass while he watches my son be born.”

“Oh c'mon Mike. I didn’t mean it like that. You're both equally important in my life."

"Well Kyra, both of us probably can’t be there since you have issues with us cancelling shows and I can see why you would want Gee there instead of me. He is after all your boyfriend."

"But-"

"No Ky. He's right. We can just get a fill in. After all, it is his kid," Gerard finally said.

Mikey looked at Gerard, the shock was evident on his face. Did his brother really just say that?

"But Gee-"

"No buts Kyra. I'm sorry but I’m putting my foot down. I'm not going to be there. You'll just have to make do with Mikey," Gerard said firmly.

"Gee, if she wants you there then you go. You are her boyfriend," Mikey muttered.

"No, I’m not going to be there. You're going."

"Kyra, how do you feel about this?" The bassist asked.

"I want both of you there! But ultimately, Mike."

"What else do we need to talk about?"

"How much are you going to be around? We need specifics. Say you get him Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays?" Kyra suggested.

"Yeah that’s fine," Mikey said, he was a little distracted as more thoughts of what Lily said to him entered his mind yet again, "Are you going to breast feed?

"I don't know," she shrugged, "But I have a question."

"You can’t if I get to keep him over night three days a week. What’s your question?"

"You live in New York," she pointed at Mikey, "But you live in Los Angeles," pointing at Gerard.

Mikey was silent, he didn't know what to say and he couldn’t get what Lily said to him out of his head.

"And this is where it doesn't work," Kyra said.

"I'm sure he won't mind taking a plane trip every few days. Think of all the frequent flyer miles," Gerard chuckled, trying to lighten the situation.

"Maybe I could move to L.A," Mikey said.

"Mike, you hate L.A," Kyra replied.

"Yes but I love my son, and since I’m only to get to see him three days a week I want to able to be close him in case something would happen."

"In case something like what? Are you doubting my parenting skills?"

"No Ky, I'm just saying what if he gets sick and has to be in the hospital? I want to be close. Are you trying to tell me you don't want me near our son?"

"No Mike, I’m just saying you hate everything about L.A. The heat, the people, everything. It sure seems that way though. It's because of that house plant isn't it!? That was dead when I brought it thank you."

"No Ky, I just want to be close to my child. Have a place for him to stay when I get to see him, not a hotel room. You guys could move to New York."

"No Mike, That's all good and well but I can't see myself in New York with a baby and I can't see you living in L.A."

“Why don’t we all just move to Arizona?” Gerard suggested only to be ignored.

"Fine Kyra. I will just live in a hotel from Tuesday until Sunday, go home Sunday night, then fly back Monday night, does that work for you?" Mike asked his ex and soon to be mother of his child, in a slightly aggravated tone. It was looking more and more like Ky and Gee didn't want him in his son's life.

"Oh god, here it comes," she sighed, "And we haven't even gotten to holidays yet."

"Let’s say I get him Thanksgiving and you and Gerard get him on Christmas. I'm sure that’s what you would want anyway right?" Mikey sighed, "Are you 100% sure James is mine?" Mikey asked, letting what Lily said get to him.

"Fine. We'll do it your way, even though I was going to suggest we come together over the holidays. And yes! Of course I am!"

"Your way could work too. How? When was the last time you and Gee…You know?"

"Because we haven’t,” she muttered, “Do I have to tell you everything?"

"Are we done now?" Mikey asked rather rudely

"Thankfully, yes," Kyra said, walking out to the front of the bus.

Mikey looked at Gerard, "Are you really okay with this?"

"Do you think I'm okay with this?"

"If I knew would I be asking you?"

"Hmm let's see. Getting close with my girlfriend after your history, having a child together? No, not really. But dammit I'm going to be there for her and that baby when you fall."

Mikey didn't respond he just walked out the door, running into Lily.

“Hey Mikey,” she smiled sweetly.

"Whatever skank face," he said passing her and going to his bunk.

"Whatever fuck face," she snapped back.

Kyra sat at the table wondering if this would be easier if it were Gerard’s child. Sure, Mikey would be hurt but it would be a hell of a lot easier. She put her head down on the table and sighed.

"What’s up Ky?" Kat asked Kyra as she came bonding to the kitchen area of the bus, "Mikey’s right. Whatever skank face?"

"Oh as if-"

"WILL YOU ALL JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP?! I DON'T FEEL WELL!" Kyra snapped, not looking up.

"Someone is hormonal," Kat said, kind of shocked her friend lashed out like that.

"Whatever Kat. What fucking ever," Kyra mumbled, shuffling over to the cabinet and reading the labels of some pills.

"Kyra, don't you even think of taking any pills. You can’t do that, it will hurt the baby," Kat and Gerard both said at the same time.

"Will both of you just shut up? You're like a couple of gulls!" Kyra said, still searching.

"Mikey, I don't know what the fuck you did to Ky, but you better fix it or Lily wont be the only one with a fucked up face. Gerard I’m not even gonna try and help with anything this time. If anyone needs me I will be in my bunk," Kat said, in an aggravated and pissed off mood at the same time.

"Aha! Found them!" Kyra said.

"Ky, what are you taking? Do you want to hurt the baby?" Gerard asked very concerned.

"It's just some stuff to get rid of a headache Gerard. No biggie."

"Yes biggie, Ky even Tylenol is bad for a baby. But whatever, you don't want any of us to help so do what you want."

"Fine, I will," she said, getting a glass of water.

Gerard walked off to the back room, pissed off that Kyra was not listening and Mikey wasn't even trying to stop her. Kyra finished the water and looked at the pills, deciding Gerard was right. She climbed up into Gerard's bunk and laid there, thinking.

Mikey sat in his bunk wondering what exactly he had done to make Kyra so pissed off and where Ray, Frank and Bob had gotten to. They normally never left Kat on the bus when they were all together. He was also still thinking about what Lily said to him.

About 20 minutes later, Kyra got down from the bunk, running into the bathroom to vomit. Guessing it wasn't called just 'morning' sickness anymore.

Kat heard her puking but made no attempt to go and check on her, thinking that Kyra probably didn't want her help anyway. Gerard couldn't hear anything since he had locked himself in in the back room and was listening to music loudly. Mikey on the other hand got up, walked into the bathroom and pulled Ky's hair back for her while she vomited.

She stopped soon after, "I blame you for this part," she muttered, sitting up against the wall.

"It’s okay. I will let you blame me for this. Do you need anything like some kind of sprite or something to help your stomach settle down, or some toast?"

Kyra groaned, "Eating is definitely not on my to do list.”

Mikey nodded, "Want something to drink and maybe a movie? Gee's locked in the back room, Kat’s in her bunk pissed about something, Ray, Frank, and Bob are all gone and I'm not sure where skank face went," Mikey informed Kyra, for no reason at all.

She shook her head and tucked her knees up to her chest, resting her head on her knees, "I feel like shit"

"I'm sorry, oh and maybe we should wait til everyone gets back to watch a movie," Mikey told her. He wanted her back as his girlfriend, but he didn't want to ruin her and Gee's relationship. Plus Mikey knew Gerard would not want them watching a movie alone.

"No, no. Let's go watch a movie then," she said, trying to get up.

"No, I think maybe you should lay down... I really think a movie is a bad idea," Mikey lied.

"I can lay down out there and watch at the same time," Kyra said, holding her hand just above her eye.

Mikey sighed. "This is not going to end well.." he muttered hoping Kyra wouldn't hear him.

Kyra slowly went out and sat on the sofa, "You can pick what we watch," she mumbled, not really caring.

Mikey ended up picking Sleepy Hollow and instead of sitting on the couch, he sat in the floor as far away from Kyra as he could.

"What are you doing?" she asked, half out of it.

"Watching a movie, you look like you’re going to be sick again. Do you need a trash can?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Are you sure, do you want to watch another movie?"

"No, we'll watch this. I'm just going to lay down and...rest....eyes," she mumbled once she laid down.

Mikey smiled at her as she slowly drifted off to sleep, watching her more than the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
midtown is my obsession <3.