Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Idiot!

A month later, Kyra kissed Gerard on the cheek before getting up out of the bunk. The couple were still very much together, each day growing much like the small bump on her belly. She clicked on the coffee maker to on, to make Gerard a cup and leant against the bench.

Mikey woke up early to the smell of coffee, "Morning," he said to who ever was at the coffee pot.

"Hey," she smiled, turning to see Mikey, "Sleep well?"

"Yes... How did you and James sleep?"

"We slept fine, woke up a few times but eh, what can you do?" Kyra shrugged.

Mikey wanted to walk over and put his hands on Kyra's stomach badly, but resisted, "That’s good, when’s the next appointment?"

"Ah," she thought, "I'm not sure considering we're on the road."

Mikey shook his head but smiled anyway, "So?"

"So what Mr. Way?"

"I don't know, I was hoping you would have had something to say," Mikey smiled.

"Something to say? Nope, I don't. Do you?" she asked.

"Is that coffee done?"

She nodded and handed one of the cups to him before walking off to the bunks to give Gerard his.

After she left the room, Mikey frowned as he was once again reminded that Kyra was with another man and that other man was certainly not him. He had wanted to talk to Kyra about the baby. Lily was still telling him the baby was Gerard’s and the more he thought about it, the more he thought she might be right.

Kyra came back out soon after, tying her hair up as she came out to see Mikey staring oddly at her. "What? Is there something on my face?" She asked touching around her face, paranoia setting in

"No," Mikey replied, not really paying attention to what she had asked,.

"Why are you looking at me like that then?"

"Oh, sorry," Mikey said averting his eyes to the floor.

"It's okay. I just thought I'd done something wrong," she muttered.

"No," Mikey said, distracted. He couldn’t decided if he should ask Kyra about the baby really being his or not considering the last time he did that she got pissed off at him.

"Okie dokie," she smiled, sitting down opposite him with a pile of paper in front of her to sort through.

"What’s that?"

"Oh just these papers I have to fill out for Pete and songs and shit."

"Want some help?"

"Uh...Sure if you want..." she said, handing some sheets to him.

Mikey smiled, and looked over the papers, while thinking if he should just ask Kyra about the baby or tell her what Lily had been saying.

"I decided on Lee by the way," she told him, not looking up from the paper.

"James Lee Way,” Mikey said aloud, “I like that. Are you sure that’s the middle name you want him to have?"

"I'm sure," she said.

"Kyra, are you sure it was me that got you pregnant and not Gerard?" Mikey finally asked her, just as someone walked in.

"What?" Two voices said at the same time. One was Kyra and the other was Gerard.

"I said, is James mine?"

"Yes, he is yours," she nodded, while Gerard sat next to her.

"And you’re sure? I mean even if it was his, how would you know? We pretty much have the same DNA," Mikey pushed, he had to know once and for all.

"Oh please. Mike. Not this again. Ky and I haven't done anything since five months ago. It's like a record or something," Gerard muttered, sorting through papers and not realizing what he said.

"WHAT? Kyra what the hell is he talking about? You were with me five months ago."

Kyra looked at Mike, unsure of what to say as she kicked Gee under the table.

"Ow! What was that....for," he said, realizing what was happening.

"You know what Kyra, I don't want an answer. Have fun with Gerard and the baby," Mikey said walking back to his bunk. He couldn't believe she cheated on him and some of the things that he had done for her. Instead of going to his bunk like he planned, he walked to the back room and locked the door, in case some one followed him.

“Mikey! Mikey, wait!” Kyra called out.

"Idiot!" She muttered, climbing over Gerard and going to the back room, trying to open the door.

Lily stuck her head out of her bunk, "What’s going on, is everything okay?" She asked in a sweet voice.

"Mikey's locked himself in the backroom and won't open up!" Kyra said, trying to open the door again.

This woke everyone else on the bus up. Kat being the first to speak, "Should I ask the driver to stop so you guys can talk?" Kat asked Ky, but she was glaring at Lily.

"No. If he'd just open up!" Kyra said banging on the handle.

"Everyone out," Frank said pointing to the front of the bus. Kat grabbed Lily by the arm and dragged her out as everyone else went to the front of the bus.

"What the hell Frank?" Kyra asked, one hand on her hip.

"Obviously Mikey needs a few minutes to himself, give him five minutes then try and talk to him or send the all of a sudden angry Kat. She might beat the shit out of him and make him talk," Frank said the last part as a joke, but wasn’t sure if she would really do that or not.

"Ugh! Fine!" She grumbled, pushing past Frank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooops.