Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Oh, I See.

Mikey walked a little bit a head of Kyra, he was going to be late if he didn't hurry up. Kyra dragged behind, just repeating her lyrics in her mind. While he was off doing his sound check, she went and watched on the side, thinking about if she was going to really do what she had planned.

It was hard for Kyra to act as if nothing was wrong when Gerard came off stage but she somehow managed to do it. They sat around, just mucking about til the support act went on and Kyra left the room and stood by the side of the stage, waiting for her intro by the lead singer/guitarist, Max.

Mikey watched curiously as he knew Kyra was up to something, he just didn't know what that something was. The rest of the group decided to follow Kyra out and see the last few songs of the support act.

"And for our next song, we'd like to bring our friend out. You may know her? She writes for the band you’re all here to see tonight. You’ve heard of My Chemical Romance right?" Max said causing the crowd to errupt in screams, "Give it up for Ky Murdoch!" And with that, Kyra walked out and greeted the band and stood next to Max

The band watch Kyra with a confused look on their faces, the only one who had any idea about what might be happening was Mikey.

“Thank you,” she said quietly as the song started.

Kyra glanced to the side once she hit the chorus and her smile widened. She went around the stage, pretending to be Gerard. Mikey was in fits of laughter watching Kyra on the stage. Kat looked at Mikey before saying, "I think she is better than Gerard."

She finished her song and took a bow. "It's over! I quit. I quit this job. I quit us. I quit everything to do with you!" Kyra yelled into the mic, before high fiving Max and walking off the other side of the stage, where the guys weren't.

Mikey was in shock, Gerard was pissed, Kat was running off to find her best friend, Lily was smirking and everyone else was confused.

Kyra had a huge grin on her face as she went back to the bus, starting to pack her stuff., since she did something she wasn't going to do ultimately making tour an awkward place to be.

Kat found Kyra on the bus, "What are you doing?"

"I'm going back to New York, you'll come visit right?"

"No," Kat said stubbornly, she wasn't letting Kyra leave that easy.

"Oh. I see, Lily's replaced me as your best friend too?"

“Hell no, I want nothing to do with that skanky bitch," Kat said as she grabbed her own bag and started packing it.

"You're coming too?" Ky smiled.

"Yes, I'm not letting you leave on your own, who's gunna keep you out of trouble?"

Kyra smirked, "You're right."

"I think we should go back to Jersey though, you don't really have a place to stay in New York, do you?"

"I gotta get my shit from Mike's. Plus I'm gunna need to find a new place to live."

Kat shrugged her shoulders agreeing, "Did your song mean what I think it meant?"

"Yes, yes it did. Got your shit?" She asked, picking her bag up.

Kat nodded throwing her bag over her shoulder, and reaching out to take Kyra's away from her.

"I got it," she said, carrying her own.

"Kyra, you're having a baby now give me that bag."

"Fine," Kyra said, handing it to her and walking off the bus.

Kat followed her not really sure how they were getting to New York or how the band would react to both of them being gone.

"Whoa, wait. What about Frank, Kat?"

"He will be fine I will call him later, he’ll understand, I was getting tour sick anyway."

Kyra nodded and they got into a cab, heading to an airport.

Kats phone rang shortly after that, she didn't bother looking at the caller ID, thinking it was Frank, boy was she wrong.

"Hello?" Kat said, waiting on a reply.

"Kat! Where are you? Where's Ky?" Mikey asked.

"I'm not sure where we are, she is with me, why?" Kat asked as if nothing was wrong, putting her cell on speaker phone.

"She left her cell here and all of her shit and yours is gone."

"Yes Mikey, now what does that have to do with anything?" Kat asked a smirk playing on face, as she looked over at Kyra.

"What? Why? Where are you going?"

"We're going to New York. Tour is lame. Besides, Gee is probably pissed and I've gotta get the rest of my stuff from your place"

"Mikey why are you so worried anyway, you’ve barely spoken to either of us in two weeks why worry now?" Kat asked as the cab pulled up at the air port.

"Because I don’t want you guys to get hurt!"

"We're big girls we can take care of ourselves," Kat said.

"Fine. Are you coming back? Ever?"

"I don't know," Kyra said, "We gotta go. Bye!" she added shutting the phone.

"I should call Frank.. You know I will have to go back eventually right?"

"I know," Kyra said getting her bag, "I'll be fine when you go"

Kat nodded calling Frank hoping he would understand.

"Hello?" Frank asked, chuckling.

"Hi," Kat said nervously.

"Kat! How funny Kyra!?"

"What’s funny about Kyra?" Kat asked not really sure what Frank was talking about.

"Everything! Gerard is super pissed! Where are you guys anyway?"

"About to board a plan to N.Y, and he should be after what he did to her," Kat said sounding pissed about what Gerard did and at Frank for laughing.

"Is everything alright? You're not breaking up with me, are you?"

"No nothing is alright... Of course not, why would I? I'm just going to help Ky get her stuff from Mikey’s and get a place of her own and make sure the baby is healthy.. You understand right?"

"Oh yeah, that's cool. Hey, we're about to go on. But I'll call you soon."

"Okay, I love you."

"Love you too," he said, hanging up

Kat smiled walking around looking for Ky.

Kyra had gotten two tickets and came back, handing one to her friend, "Everything cool?"
♠ ♠ ♠
my big exam is tomorrow!