Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Might Be A Bridezilla?

Another two months passed and there was not one phone call from Mikey to Kyra. She wasn’t all that surprised, actually she was expecting perhaps at least one call considering she was having his child. But perhaps this showed that he actually did hate her.

Kyra put the knife on the chopping board, resting one hand on the bench with the other one her side. She scrunched her face up from the feeling before feeling the wet at her feet. Kyra fumbled with the phone, dialling Kat's number and holding it to her ear, slightly panicking.

"Pick up...pick up," Kyra repeated into the phone.

"Hello?" Kat answered.

"Oh my god! Kat, you've got to help me. Something's happening," she said quickly.

"What’s wrong? What’s happening?" Kat asked getting up, looking for some shoes and suitable shirt.

"Kat, something bad is going to happen. It's too early," Kyra said, shaking her head even though Kat couldn’t see.

"What’s too early?" Kat asked, making her way to Mikey’s bunk.

She gasped from the feeling, "The baby Kat," she cried.

"Okay. Calm down, take deep breaths and I'll be there soon," Kat said, thankfully the band had just played a show in N.Y about thirty minutes from Kyra's apartment. Kat was now panicking as she looked at Mikey's sleeping form wondering if should she wake him or just go?

Kyra nodded and hung up the phone, holding the edges of the bench while trying to take deep breathes and ignore the pain. Kat quickly decided on waking Mikey up simply because there was no way she was taking Gerard with her.

"MIKEY!!!!" Kat screeched, her voice was very panicky.

"I'm sleeping," he mumbled, pulling the blanket up closer to his head.

"Get your skinny ass up! We have to go!" Kat said still panicking, if he didn't wake up this time she was hijacking the bus.

"Go where? It's nice and warm here."

"To Kyra! She needs us..."

"What do you mean Kat? It's much too early for what I'm thinking you mean," Mikey said, sitting up slightly.

"That’s what I mean. Now come on or I'm leaving without you," Kat said staring at Mikey as the panic was in her voice and written all over her face.

Mikey sat up instantly, hitting his head on the top of the bunk and scrambling to grab some clothes, leaving the bus behind Kat while still putting his pants on.

Kat didn't bother getting a cab. She just ran the whole way, knowing it would be faster than waiting on a cab. Kat made it to Kyra's not taking the time to knock, she just busted open the door to see her best friend sitting on the Kitchen floor.

"What the hell took you so long?" Kyra asked.

"Skinny ass wouldn't get up," Kat said pointing to the panting Mikey, just now making it in the door.

"You didn't," Kyra went to say, "Oh you fucking did. I can't believe you brought him!"

"Kyra, I needed him to help."

"Why the hell would he want to help now? He didn't visit! He didn't write! What did he do? Call once or twice? It doesn't matter, just help me up."

"Mikey call 911, Ky just sit there and I'll get some pillows to prop you up."

"Fine," Ky sighed, leaning her back against the wall.

Kat got to work on finding pillows, and propping Kyra up, "Do you think you’re having contractions?"

"I don’t know," she sighed, fixing a pillow.

"Mikey, what did 911 say?" Kat asked while going through the breathing motions with Kyra.

"Uh they'll be here soon," he said, standing awkwardly as Kyra shook her head.

About fifteen minutes later the medics came and took them to the hospital where they took Kyra away and left Mike and Kat in the waiting room. Kat was fighting with the receptionist, trying to find out if Kyra was okay or if she could go back and see her while Mikey was gone. Kat had sent him to get her some food and some extra strong coffee.

Mikey made it back with the food and coffee to see, Kat still arguing with the lady, "Miss, could I please see my fiancée? Her name is Kyra. Please just let me check on her before her sister goes crazy," Mikey said smiling at Kat, while she just stared at him.

"I'll be right back," the nurse said walking off into a room.

"Are you sure this is wise?" Kat asked.

"If it will keep you calm and from hurting the staff then yes I'm sure, though Kyra may not like the idea that I lied," Mikey said, handing Kat her stuff.

Kat was just about to reply when the nurse came back, "I told her but she's asking for Kat? Which I presume is you?" She said pointing at Kat.

"You're free to go in," she gestured at the door

Kat nodded and walked away mumbling something about the nurse being a dumb bitch as she walked in to Kyra's room.

"Kat! Thank god!" Kyra said, relieved to see her.

"Miss me that much?" Kat asked as she sat in the chair, next to Kyra's bed.

"Yes! Don't ever leave me like that again!"

"I wouldn't have but that damn woman up front wouldn't let me back. Mikey asks one time and she is all nice to him. Am I that scary or something?"

"No, you aren't scary. What is scary is that I'll have a baby soon."

"So you are in labour? Are you sure you don't want me to get Mikey?"

"No, I don't want him in here. He shouldn't even be here," she muttered.

"Kyra, I kind of think he wants to be here."

"Like he wanted to visit? Or wanted to write?"

"He thought about doing both but he obviously couldn't leave tour to visit and he felt writing you wasn't a good idea. He would have called more then what he did but he didn't think you wanted him to," Kat said, remembering the talk she had had with Mikey a couple weeks ago.

"Still! I was practically cut out. Only hearing from you, Frank, Ray and Bob once every few days. Don't even tell me about Gerard."

"I really don't know about him, I haven’t spoken to him much."

"Good. Can you ring the other guys for me?"

Kat nodded, pulling out her cell only to see she had no signal.

"I'll be fine. You can go," Kyra pointed at the door.

"At least let me send in Mikey, please?"

"Fine. But that doesn't mean I'll talk to him."

"Never said you had to," Kat said standing up.

"Good," Kyra said, fixing the blanket

Kat walked out of the room, and to the waiting room where she told Mikey to go to Kyra's room, after that she walked out of the Hospital to call everyone.

"Can I come in?" Mikey asked hesitantly.

"I guess," Kyra said, looking around the room.

Mikey walked into the room and moved the chair away from the bed, which is where he assumed Kat was sitting. He didn't want to be too close, he was actually shocked that she even let him in the room.

Kyra sighed and rolled her eyes while taping her fingers on her bed.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine," she said simply.

Mikey nodded not sure what he should say or what Kat had told her he had said.

"So...how bout Kat and Frank?" Kyra muttered, trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, I'm happy about that. Glad they invited us all, not like when they first started dating, you know."

"Should be fun," she nodded.

"Yeah, has she made any big plans yet?"

"Not that I know of."

"So she hasn't asked you to be in the wedding or anything like that or to help out at all?"

"Maid of honour," she pointed at herself, "You?"

"No, she hasn't asked me anything and Frank hasn't really started. I think he's leaving it all up to Kat. He's afraid she might turn in to one of them Bridezillas you see on TV."

"Maybe."

"You really think Kat would become a Bridezilla?"

"No, I just meant Frank is leaving it up to Kat."

"Yeah, maybe."

"Right, well you can go if want to. I mean you don't have to stay. I'll be fine."

"If you want me to leave I will, if not I would like to stay at least til Kat comes back. Where did she go anyway?"

"I don't know but can you go? I might try to get some sleep," Kyra mumbled, getting annoyed.

"Yeah," Mikey said, getting up.

"Thanks," she muttered.

Mikey didn't reply, he just walked out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Baby soon ;)