Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Stop Filling His head With Nonsense.

Mikey chuckled as he walked in to Kyra's room, "Feel like company?"

"Sure," Kyra nodded.

"How you feeling?"

"Better than before."

"How's James?"

"Ah, he's asleep," Kyra pointed at the small cot next to the bed where the baby lay asleep.

Mikey walked over to the small cot and looked at the handsome baby, before going to sit down in a chair, "He looks like you when he is sleeping."

"How so?" She smiled.

"Just the way he is positioned, his lips are doing something weird and one eyebrow is raised just a little bit. Just like you," Mikey smiled.

"I don’t sleep like that," she scoffed.

"Yeah you kind of do."

Kyra laughed, "Fine. Maybe I do, just a little bit."

Mikey smiled, "So I need to tell you something."

"And what’s that?"

"I'm staying in New York. For two months."

"Really?" She said excitedly before coughing, "I mean, oh really?"

Mikey chuckled, "Yes really.”

"Awesome."

Mikey was shocked at her reaction, she was taking the news better then he thought she would.

"And I'm sorry Mike," Kyra said, looking down at the blankets.

"Sorry? What for?"

"For the last name thing. I changed it, just so you know."

"To what?"

"Way."

"Thank you."

"No need to thank. It's the right thing anyway."

"Are you sure? I mean the things I said were pretty hurtful."

"No, no. I want him to have it anyway."

Mikey smiled, not sure what he should say next.

"He's so much like you it's not funny."

"Really how?"

"Well look at him for one. Plus he's got the charm."

"If you mean the way too cute charm then yes he does," Mike smiled, resiting the urge to hold Kyra's hand, or kiss her forehead like he used to.

"Oh that charm," she smirked.

Kyra picked James up once he began to stir in his sleep, lightly cooing him to settle him. Mikey watch what she was doing, smiling at the sight of them together.

"Did you want to hold him?" She asked.

"Sure," Mike smiled, carefully reaching for the baby.

"Okay, go to Daddy," Kyra smiled, placing him in Mikey's arms.

Mikey held the tiny baby boy in his arms, truly happy for the first time since he made Kyra leave him. He started making face at the baby and kissing his forehead and talking to him, just like he had done the first time he saw James.

"What are you telling him?" Kyra asked, intrigued.

"My master plan for world domination."

Kyra rolled her eyes and chuckled, "Figures."

"You know, your mom is smart. Make sure you listen to her when you get older," Mikey said watching as James made an 'O' shape with his mouth.

Kyra laughed and shook her head, "No, don't listen to him. Your dad is the smart one."

"Kyra, how can we tell if he is hungry?" Mikey asked as he cocked his head from side to side, trying to understand the face was he son was making.

"If he was hungry, he would be crying Michael," Kyra said.

"I knew that."

"Sure you did," she replied with a touch of sarcasm.

"See, your mom is the smart one," Mikey smiled down at James.

"Stop filling his head with nonsense."

"Just make sure she doesn't turn out crazy like her best friend, okay buddy?" Mikey smiled.

"And make sure he doesn't put eyeliner on you," she said back.

"What if he puts it on himself?"

"That wont be for many years to come."

Mikey smiled at Kyra, finally taking his eyes away from hers and looking back down at James only to see he had fallen asleep.

"He likes to sleep, doesn’t he?"

"Yeah he does, but it also might have been because I was slightly rocking back and forth."

"Well looks like you've got not only the charm but the touch too."

"Maybe... Do you want me to lay him down and go back out so you can get some rest too?"

"Okay, if you want. You don’t have to."

"Well, I could stay if you want me to."

"Okay," she lightly smiled, "Pass him back?"

"Fine,” Mikey pouted, passing the baby boy that he was already in love with back to his mother.

"You'll get him back soon enough," she scoffed, cradling her son.

"Yeah, yeah... So are you really okay with me staying in New York?"

"No. It's a terrible idea. You should leave and never come back," she smirked.

"That’s not going to happen. You'll be lucky if I leave for Europe."

Kyra smiled, "If I'm lucky?"

"Yeah, I mean two months with my two fav-" Mikey stopped mid sentence, not sure if he should finish what he was going to say or not.

"Go on..." Kyra said, with an eyebrow raised.

"Favourite people and I may never want to go back on tour again."

"Wow. Did you hear that Jamie? You've been pushed up to number one friend. You even beat Frank!" she whisper laughed.

"Right now even Kat is beating Frank. I swear him and his damn sugar highs annoy me."

"Well that's Frank for you though."

"Yeah I know, so he asked me to be a groom guy in the wedding," Mikey laughed.

"Groom guy?"

"Yeah, that’s what he called it."

"Nice," she chuckled.

"I know...You should really try and get some rest. Speaking of rest, have you secretly hired Kat as a body guard?"

"No, why?" Kyra asked, putting Jamie back in the side cot.

"Because she freaking guards your door at night or if we leave on coffee runs and you’re sleeping, she stays by the door. So I was wondering if you had anything to do with that."

"No. I don't have anything to do with that," Kyra laughed.

"Frank likes to mess with her when she is sleeping, he tickles her nose with a feather, it’s funny."

"I bet it is," she smiled.

"She is a weirdo. Kyra, your friend is weird."

"So is my son's father. Coincidence?" She smirked.

"Well I do think of Kat as a sister, maybe we're related," Mikey smirked.

"Maybe," she yawned.

"You should sleep, want me to take James?"

"You can. I don’t mind."

Mikey nodded, taking James for Kyra so she could get the rest she needed.

Kyra leaned back into the pillows once they were gone, giving a sigh of relief before falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
mmhm.