Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

I Did No Such Thing.

In about a week, they were given the all clear to leave the hospital. The others had already returned to tour, Gerard being the only one who hadn't visited.

Mikey had the baby stuff ready and on his shoulder, as a nurse came in with a wheel chair to wheel Kyra and baby James to the car.

"Honestly, I'm fine. I don't need a wheel chair," she told the nurse politely who took it away. Mikey gave her an 'are you sure?' look which she nodded in response. Kyra fixed up the carrier that James was in so no prying eyes could look in.

"Ready?" she asked.

Mikey nodded, walking a little a head of her so he could hold open the door for Kyra and his son.

"Thanks," she smiled before walking outside where there was a few photographers along with a few different cars, "Which one is?" Kyra asked.

Mikey pointed to a car across the road, "Just get in this limo, and pray they don't follow us."

"Uh…okay?" Kyra said, following Mikey into the limo..

"Sorry, I just didn't want them to see where you lived, so I'm hoping they don't follow us."

"There's nothing wrong with where I live....except for the tap that you have to turn it really hard to get it on. What would be so bad about them seeing where I live anyway?"

"Kyra, I know you’re used to the paparazzi, but do you really want our son exposed to that before he is even two months old?"

"They're going to be around whether we like it or not, anyway."

"But if they don't know where you live they can’t hid in bushes and jump out at you or steal your news paper."

"Mike, you know I don’t read the newspaper anyway."

"It’s just safer this way. What if when James is older he wants to be in the back yard, and some crazy fan comes up and starts talking to him or tries to kidnap him?"

"Ugh fine. They'll find out eventually anyway."

"Yes, but by then James will be ready for the spotlight. I just think he is too young right now."

"Right, too young," Kyra chuckled, "You're going to be one of those stage moms aren’t you?"

"No, I don't think I will. Unless that’s what he wants," Mikey told her honestly.

"No stage moming Mikey. We don't want the boy version of Britney Spears. Because that would just be...terrible. For the whole entire world."

"Yeah it would be," Mikey shuddered involuntary.

"Are they following us?" She asked, looking over her shoulder.

"No I don't think so," Mikey said double checking.

"Oh good. We're almost there," Kyra said softly, looking ahead.

They pulled up at a small apartment block, where he helped her out and she thanked him politely before going up the stairs to the door. Kyra searched through her pockets for her keys. While Kyra opened the door Mikey went back to the car and got James out.

By the time Mikey had returned, Kyra had just gotten the door open. "Yeah, beat that lock. I won," she smirked, walking in.

Kyra chucked her keys onto the little side table and brought in a few bags. Mikey walked into what he assumed was Kyra's living room, and carefully took James out of his car seat.

"It's not much but hey, it's home," she chuckled, shutting the door.

"You can, like totally crash here for a few nights if you want to," Kyra said, putting a few things away.

"Okay," Mikey said, paying more attention to the baby then what Kyra had said.

"Say cheese!" Kyra laughed, taking a photo with her camera that she found, catching him by surprise.

"Oh no you did-" Mikey was stopped in mid sentence because James had started to cry, the bright flash from the camera scaring him.

Kyra put the camera in her pocket and walked over to them, "Pass him here."

Mikey handed James to Ky, hoping that she could make him stop crying.. "Did I do something wrong?" He asked, not sure what had made his son start to cry.

"No, no. At least I don’t think so. Let me try something," Kyra said, walking around the room holding James up near her shoulder while lightly singing which seemed to be working.

"Looks like you have more of the touch then I do."

"You may have the touch but I've got the words," she smirked.

"Ha ha very funny," Mikey said smiling.

"Duh, future comedian right here," Kyra chuckled.

"More like future singer, you have a great voice."

"Mike, we talked about this before. I am not becoming a singer," she laughed.

"I bet you will, eventually," Mikey smirked.

Kyra shook her head, "No because I'm going to be too busy with you, aren't I Jamie?" She smiled, looking down at him

Mikey got up off of the couch and walked behind Ky, wrapping his arms around her in a hug, while looking at their handsome son.

"See? Much too busy to be pop star," she smirked.

Mikey eventually pulled Kyra closer to him and placed his head on her shoulder. He wasn't really thinking about what he was doing. She could feel the warmth from his body radiating on to her through her clothes. Kyra wasn't exactly sure what he was doing, but she allowed it anyway.

He just stood there like that for a few more minutes, before reality finally kicked in and he moved away from her, "Sorry." He muttered, walking back to his spot on the couch.

"I..Err..Ah..Um...It's fine," Kyra mumbled, looking down

"I shouldn't have done that, I can go if you want," Mikey was also looking down, his shoes had just become very interesting.

"No, you can stay....Unless you want to go?"

"No.." Mikey showed a small smile.

"Well good, you're staying. Why don't we take some photos? This time without the flash on?"

"Okay, then maybe you should get some rest when we are done with the photos."

"Alright mom," she joked.

"I just mean you should, like, lay down on the couch or something."

"Okay, fine. I will. Happy?" Kyra asked, walking over to Mikey to hand him James.

"YES!" Mikey said, in an excited voice.

Kyra shook her head with a smile on her face before getting the camera and turning the flash off

They took pictures for a while Mikey and Kyra both enjoying it, "Do you think it will be okay to put these on the website?"

"Yeah, of course," she said pulling a funny face and taking another photo.

"You’re a camera you-know-what," Mikey said, covering James’ ears and still not saying the word.

"A camera what?" She smiled, knowing what he was going to say.

"Not saying it in front of our child. I don't want him walking around saying W-H-O-R-E," Mikey spelled the word out.

"Well you know it takes a camera you-know-what to know one," she smirked leaning into him, taking a photo of her and Mikey.

Mikey quickly kissed her cheek, and stuck his tongue out, when she wasn't looking.

"I so felt that Michael," she said as-a-matter-of-factly.

Mikey smirked, "Felt what?"

"This," Kyra replied before quickly kissing his cheek.

"I..I..I did no such thing," Mikey smiled, enjoying that kiss more then Kyra could possibly know.

"Oh yeah? Let's call in the camera for this one," Kyra said, going through the pictures taken, "Right there," she smirked, pointing at the screen.

"That’s not me," Mikey said with a pout, knowing he had been beaten.

"It so is," she laughed, play punching him in the arm.

"Hey, watch it, I have a baby," Mikey said using his son to hide behind.

Kyra just laughed and shook her head.

Mikey looked down to realize he was once again asleep, "Should we lay him down some where?" Mikey asked, not sure if Kyra had a bassinet or anything.

"Oh yeah, sure. Come and I'll show you the nursery Kat helped me do," Kyra said, getting up.

Kyra guided him into another room that was painted a light shade of grey and had everything set up already.

Mikey placed James in his bassinet, "Do you have monitors?" Mikey asked quietly.

"Uh yeah, right here," Kyra pointed at them.

Mikey nodded plugging one in and taking the other one with them to the living room, "You should rest now."

"Okay. Do you want to use my laptop to upload those photos?"

"Not right now. I think I might watch a movie, if you don't mind."

"Yeah, that’s fine," Kyra shrugged, sitting on the sofa with her feet up.

"What do you want to watch? I stole a bunch of movies from the bus."

"Oh neat! What ones you got? You know Ray isn’t going to be happy when he finds out they’re missing," she chuckled.

"Neither will Kat and Frank when they see I have these," Mikey grinned, pulling out Frank and Kat’s two favourite movies; Nightmare Before Christmas and The Corpse Bride.

"You're so in for it when they see you!"

"I know, I also have these," he said handing her A Walk To Remember and the whole Harry Potter collection.

"You're such a thief," she chuckled, "You pick. I'm happy with any."

"Nightmare Before Christmas it is then," Mikey said while happily putting it in the DVD player, once it was in he sat down on the floor next to the couch.

"You don't have to sit on the floor you know?"

"Yes I do. You’re laying on the couch, so the floor is fine."

"You can sit on the end. I'll just put my feet across your lap."

Mikey nodded doing just that. Once he was sitting, her feet casually went over his lap and she began clicking her feet together while watching the movie. He smirked and grabbed her feet together to stop the movement but she continued on anyway. But he stopped her eventually by tickling the bottom of her soles.

"Ah! Stop it!" She laughed.

Mikey laughed too, but stopped tickling her. Their attention was soon returned to the film, however Mikey’s attention was less focused on the movie and more on stealing glances at his Ex.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D