Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

This Better Be Important.

The next two months were spent much like this. Watching movies, bonding over their son, day trips around New York and taking lots of photos of James, who now had become more alert and gotten the usual chubby cheeks.

Mikey was sad. He would be leaving in a day or so and he honestly didn't want to go since he had bonded with his son and had a whole new bond with Kyra. Mikey was afraid that if he left, things would go back to how they was two months ago, but there was nothing he could do. This was his job after all.

"Have you heard from the guys?" Kyra asked.

"Not yet. Kat called yesterday, but that was just to tell me I couldn't hide and I had to come back. Then she asked to talk to you," Mikey laughed lightly.

"Where was I when she rang?" Kyra said, trying to remember, "I can’t remember. Did she have anything else to say?"

"Sleeping. She said she would call back. She was just wanting to see how we all were, you know the same thing she calls for everyday, some times twice a day."

"Oh okay. When's your flight?"

"Two days from now at five A.M.," Mikey sighed.

"Five am?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes."

"Why so early?"

"Because it’s the only way I'm going to make it there for the show in time that happens to be that night.”

"That sucks."

"Yeah it does, I'm going to miss you guys."

"We're going to miss you more."

"I don't think that is possible."

"It is. Trust me."

"How so?"

"Well James for one. Who's going to sing terribly to him now? And then there's me. Who am I going to tell to shut up?"

Mikey just laughed and smiled. He knew he was going to miss them both, but he also knew he wanted to be more than what he was now with Kyra, "Kyra, can we go for a walk through the park?"

"Okay, let me just go get the pusher," she said, walking off to get it.

While Mikey waited on Kyra to come back he played with James. Kyra came back with it all set up and now also wearing a beret and scarf. She took James and put on a small beanie before placing him in the pram, tucked in with blankets.

Mikey put on a hoddie and a beanie just in case, and held the door open for them both.

"Thanks," she smiled and they took the elevator down.

Once they made it to the little park they sat on a bench, the sun was just about to set.

"I hope he's not too cold," Kyra muttered.

"We can go back of you think he is."

"No, it’s all good. He's warm," she nodded after taking her hand out from the pusher.

Mikey nodded thinking about if he should ask her what was on his mind or wait until he got back.

"At least since we posted those photos the paparazzi have backed off a bit," Kyra said softly.

"Yeah, that’s what I was kind of hoping for."

Kyra looked at him and smiled.

Mikey smiled, "Kyra, when I get back would you…would you go on a date with me? That is if you haven’t moved nine states away and have someone else."

"Why would I move nine states away?" She chuckled, "And okay. I will."

"I have no idea, maybe you are a secret ninja. Really?"

"Yes, really."

Mikey smiled, "Thank you... Maybe we should start heading back inside. It’s getting late and colder."

"Okay," she smiled back, standing up and checking on their son before starting to walk

Mikey walked beside her smiling, "Will I be staying with you tonight or going home?" Mikey asked, since some nights he stayed with Kyra and James, and on others he went home.

"You can do whatever you want. I don’t mind"

"I think I will stay, you have a comfy couch."

"I know. It’s the best couch ever."

Mikey smiled, they were now on the elevator, "So take out or shall we cook tonight?"

"Mm. Take out."

"What kind?"

Kyra scrunched up her face cutely, "For once I cant decide. You pick otherwise we'll be here forever."

"I want Chinese, that okay with you?" He asked holding her door open for her like always.

Kyra gave a thumbs up and said, "Good choice."

Mikey nodded walking in to the kitchen to get a menu.

Kyra came in, taking off her beret and scarf, before taking James out and going to make a bottle for him. Soon Mikey knew what they both wanted and was on the phone placing the order while Ky was feeding James.

Kyra finished feeding him and went to burp him, getting a little big of throw up on her shoulder. "Ugh. That's disgusting," she said, going and putting James down in his cot while going to change

Mikey laughed at Kyra, "At least you only got a tiny bit on you.. What was disgusting was when he threw up all over my shirt last week."

"No, that was priceless," Kyra laughed, pulling her new shirt down as she came out.

"So was your face a second ago," Mikey said answering the door.

Kyra rolled her eyes and put her hair up before sitting on the couch with her legs crossed.

Mikey came back to the couch, with food.

"Oh my god! You're my new hero," Kyra said, grabbing one of the boxes and a pair of chopsticks

Mikey laughed, "Shall we watch a movie?"

Kyra held a hand over her mouth and let out an "Okay" which was kind of muffled from the food in her mouth.

Mikey nodded and out in a random DVD. He then returned to eating his food. Kyra ate her food in silence, focussed on the movie

Mikey sat there eating and watching the movie, a peaceful silence between him and Kyra, that was until his phone started to ring, "Hello?"

Kyra leant forward and put her now empty box on the table while watching Mikey. An evil smirk came across her face as she grabbed his box that still had food in it and started picking at it.

"What? Why? Yeah, okay I understand, yeah I'll be there. Yeah she's here want to talk to her?" Mikey asked Kat who had just called to tell him he needed to fly out tomorrow instead of the next day. He handed Kyra the phone.

Kyra coughed and took the phone, holding it to her ear.

"This better be important. I'm trying to eat Mikey's dinner," Kyra said, stuffing her face.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay staying behind. You could always come you know?" Kat asked, missing her best friend and godson.

"Kat!” She said out of excitement, “I'm not getting up at 5 A.M. to catch a plane Kat," Kyra said as Mikey slapped her hand away from his food, "And especially not with a 2 month old at that time."

"About that… Mikey has to leave at five P.M. tomorrow night."

"I'm still not- wait. Tomorrow!? He still has another whole day here."

"No, he has to leave tomorrow. We need him for some photo shoot, at least that’s what I think it’s for. Not really sure, this person they hired til you come back wont tell us anything."

"This is unbelievable."

"I'm sorry Kyra, are you sure you don't want to come?"

"It's okay. It's not your fault, I just," she sighed, "Don't worry. It's not important. How's the wedding planning going?"

"You just what Ky? Tell me please. It’s okay I guess. Frank wanted to have a cake made of skittles and I still don't have a dress."

"No, it's not important. I'm sure you'll find something while you're in Europe. Speaking of dresses, please tell me you haven’t picked out some horrid colour I am wearing."

"I was thinking of doing the wedding in black, red, and a little bit of white but only because Frank insisted I have a little bit of white. Let me guess you cant tell me because Mike is in the room right?"

"Partly. Been checking his blog? Mike got a bit obsessed with posting pictures," Kyra said, playfully shoving him.

"Yes I have, tell him I said to post some of just my godson and you. No one wants to see his ugly face."

"Kat doesn’t want to see your ugly face in those photos anymore," Kyra told him laughing, "Where are you guys?"

"Um on our way to some airport. Kyra don't make me go. I don't like the photo person and dress shopping is no fun alone."

"Well we'll see. I might visit," Kyra said, noticing Mike's eyes light up, "I said might Mikey. Not definitely."

"Yeah okay well Frank is signalling that we are at the airport, talk to you soon..."

"Okay. Bye," she said softly, hanging up.

"Sorry," Mikey said as soon as she hung up.

"So, tomorrow," she said.

Mikey nodded, "Five P.M. Will you come to the airport with me?"

"Yeah, sure," she said softly and nodding.

Mikey didn't know if he should spend his last night at Kyra's or go home to pack.

"Are you staying tonight?" she asked after a few minutes of silence.

Mikey thought before answering her, "Yes."

"Are you sure? Don't you need to pack?"

"No I will just take the clothes I have here and buy new ones when I get there if I need to."

"Okay," she mumbled, shocked and saddened he was leaving them just like that.

"I really want you and James to come with me. I don’t want to leave you."

"Mike, we can't. Tour wouldn’t be the best place for him."

"I know, it’s just, well, I'm going to miss you guys so much."

"And we're going to miss you too," she said, putting her hand on his.

Mikey smiled intertwining their fingers together, hoping Kyra wouldn't mind, "Will you at least come to our last show?"

"Where is it?"

"Jersey, and you know my mom would love to see you and the baby and I bet Andy really misses you."

"Have you even told her that he exists?"

"Of course I have. I even mailed her some of the pictures, she was going to come to the Hospital, but I didn't know if you would have wanted that."

"Well aren't you a good son," she chuckled, "Is it before or after the wedding?"

"Umm not sure."

"We'll see," she nodded.

"That works for me, should we watch another movie?" Mikey asked as he realized the one they was watching was over.

"You can. I might go and get some sleep," Kyra answered.

Mikey nodded hugging Ky, like he did every night before she went to sleep.

"Night," she said pulling away and going off to her room, shutting the door behind her.