Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

If You're Going To Be Mean About It.

Gerard didn’t take the news all too well. After storming out, he ended up going back to his place where he got all of his frustration out by drawing. While on the other hand, Kyra and Mikey got ready to go to his parent’s home.

"Got everything?" He asked.

"Uh, I think so. Do they even know that we're staying?" Kyra asked

"Of course. I wouldn't just surprise my mom by just showing up. She is getting old, that might give her a heart attack," Mikey chuckled.

"Just checking. I don't want to get in her way."

"You won’t be. She is overjoyed to have us staying and said you should have come and seen her sooner," he smiled.

"Well, in my defence, I didn’t know that," she said, putting some bags in the car.

"I told you before, you’re always welcome at the Way house hold, unless maybe it’s Gerard’s house."

Kyra would have usually had some witty comeback about how he loves her but decided to leave it today, "Probably right. Let's go."

Mikey nodded getting in the driver seat, and driving to his old home.

They pulled up at the Way house, the same one that held all the memories. Kyra got out of the car, picking Jamie out of the car seat, holding him against her hip with one of the bags over her other shoulder.

Mikey got the rest the bags out of the trunk, only leaving the crib which he would come back for later. Kyra waited for Mikey at the door. He walked to the door and knocked once before opening it and walking in, Kyra close behind him.

She was slightly nervous, which was unusual when she was at the Way’s. Kyra looked around the first room, memories coming back to her as his mother appeared.

"Hey Mom," Mikey said sitting down the bags and hugging his mom.

Kyra chuckled as she watched Mikey get his cheeks pinched by his own mother.

"Okay, okay, my turns over. Mom, meet your grandson, James Lee Way," Mikey smiled.

Kyra still had that smirk of a smile on her face from seeing Mikey get his cheeks pinched as she greeted his mother and handed James to her.

"You and Jamie will be in my old room and I will be on the couch, unless…never mind," Mikey said quickly.

"Unless what?" she smirked as his mother cooed over Jamie.

"Nothing it doesn't matter," Mikey sighed.

"No, come on Mike. Say it," Kyra smiled while moving to stand next to his mother and Jamie.

"No, it’s not a good idea. I shouldn't have even thought it."

"Still the same shy old Mikey then," his mother sighed, "Even though he's got daddy's looks he might have mommy's big personality and not be shy."

"Thanks for the help Mom," Mikey fake pouted as he walked to the couch to sit down.

"Don't worry about him, dear, he's just a bit shy," his mother, Donna, said.

"So I've noticed," Kyra nodded.

"Yeah, just pretend I'm not sitting right here!" Mikey called.

"We will," his mother smiled.

"Why don't we go look at some old pictures and compare the two?" His mother suggested.

"Uh...okay?" Kyra shrugged, following her up to the staircase.

"No!" Mikey shrieked, as no man ever wants the woman he is still in love with, whether the said woman knows this or not, to see their baby pictures.

"We're looking at them anyway," his mother laughed.

Kyra was about to keep walking when Mikey cut in front of her to stop her, "You need to move," she smiled.

"I think we should talk," Mikey told her, not to keep her from looking at the pictures but to tell her what he almost said earlier that was if she still wanted to know.

"Are you just trying to stop me from seeing your embarrassing baby pictures?" she laughed.

"No, but if you rather do that go on, but I want James."

Kyra sighed and thought for a minute, "Hey, uh Mrs Way? We'll be back in a minute. We just forgot something from the car..." Kyra called out.

"Okay, dears. James and I will be up here!" She replied.

Kyra grabbed Mikey's hand and took him to the bathroom, closing the door behind her, "Now what do you want to talk about?"

"Never mind if you're going to be mean about it."

"Naw, come on Mikes. I don't mean to be mean. What's up?"

"I was just wondering if you still wanted to know what I was going to say earlier."

"Before your mother sided with me? Of course," she chuckled.

Mikey sighed knowing this might be a bad thing, but he was going to tell her anyway, "Iwasgoingtosaymaybewecouldshare?" He said in one big breath.

Kyra looked at him confused. She took his hands and intertwined their fingers, "Mike, you're doing that thing where you talk too fast. Slow it down a bit?" She asked, not taking her eyes from his.

"I said maybe we could share? If you don't want to that’s fine."

"Of course we can share," she smiled, not even thinking before she applied her lips to his.

She pulled away after a few seconds, looking at the floor she muttered, "Sorry."

Mikey was in shock that she had what she had just done. He couldn't find enough energy to say anything, but a very small smile played on his lips.

Kyra disconnected their hands and scratched the back of her head, "We should probably get back," she mumbled, looking around the room.

Mikey did the only thing he could really think to do. He wrapped his arms around Kyra in a hug. It wasn't really the type of hug shared between friends but at the same time it also wasn't the type of hug shared between lovers but it was the only way Mikey thought he could let Kyra know the kiss was okay.

Kyra stood there, taking in the familiar scent of his after shave mixed with coffee. She disconnected after a few moments, slightly confused and went back to find his mother and James.

Mikey went out to the car and got the crib and baby monitors out of the trunk and went to his old room where he set everything up, wondering if he would still be sleeping in here or on the couch.

"Are you alright dear?" his mother, Donna, asked as they looked at the pictures.

"Huh? Oh yeah, fine." Kyra nodded thinking about what happened.

Once Mikey was done, he went to the room where his mom, Kyra and James were, "Where’s Dad? I haven’t seen him all day."

"He's running some errands before meeting with Gerard I think," Donna answered.

Mikey nodded, "So what are we doing today ladies?"

Kyra shrugged and Jamie babbled.

Mikey smiled at his son, "Does he need another bottle? Oh I set up the crib in the room."

"Neat. Ah, I think so," Kyra nodded.

"Want me to go make it so you can see more embarrassing photos?" Mikey asked still smiling like a fool.

"Sure," Kyra said, handing James to him.

Mikey smiled and walked to the kitchen to make his son a bottle. Kyra was left with his mother where they ended up talking about what to expect in the coming months with James and how Mikey seemed to be coping with being a father.

Mikey made James bottle and went to the couch to feed him, while talking to him, "You’re gunna be beautiful or handsome, just like your mom when you get older buddy, just don't be stupid like your dad, okay?" Mikey paused, and let out a sigh, "One day you're going to fall in love. Don't let that love get away from you. No matter what, keep the person you've fallen in love with close, always. If you let it go, it may not ever come back," Mike stopped talking to look down at his son and realized he was asleep and the bottle was empty.

Kyra and Donna laughed at the photos and the stories went along with them of Gerard wanting to be a magician and Mikey being his assistant that he would cut in half.

Mikey walked in to the room, "Shhh! There is a sleeping baby here. How old are you two? Sixteen?" Mikey laughed as he sat down next to Kyra.

"I wish," his mother sighed.

Kyra just laughed, "So my trusty assistant, can I cut you in half?"

"No you may not, maybe later though like when James is sixteen then you can cut me in half."

"I'll hold you to that," she laughed.

"Trust me, once he has girl problems you’re going to want to be cut in half too," Mikey chuckled.

She shook her head, "As long as he doesn’t want to be a magician’s assistant I won't care."

"Oh I bet that will change. What if he comes home and says ‘Mom I got some random girl I slept with pregnant‘, then I bet you would want him to be an assistant wouldn't you?"

"No because I'd be there to help them."

Mikey smiled and nodded, knowing that of course he would do the same thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
one more later today guys.