Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Blurred Letters.

Kyra tucked her legs up closer to her body while scribbling lyrics down onto the sheet. She had already written two songs since the start of tour and once she finished the one she was working on, she would have written three. They weren’t the best songs ever written but the same idea and words kept coming back to her.

A hand wrapped around her shoulders and a pair of lips pressed to her cheek. She looked up once she slowly started to sink into where the person’s weight had sunk the sofa.

“Hey sweetie,” she said, smiling at Mikey.

“Having fun?” asked Mikey, who gestured towards the paper.

As always, Kyra moved the paper so he couldn’t read it. It was her tradition that nobody ever read one of her songs til it was complete.

“No peeking til it’s done,” Kyra scolded.

“Aw, not even a teeny tiny peek?” he pouted.

“Nope.”

“Fine then,” Mikey sighed, tucking her hair behind her ear, “You know, you look really pale today. Are you feeling okay?”

“Uh…Yeah, I’m fine. Must just be the lighting in here,” Kyra lied.

“Just don’t get sick on me. We better get going over for the show. You coming?” he asked, getting up.

“I’m going to walk over with Kat in a few. I’ll see you before you go on though.”

“Promise?”

“Promise,” Kyra nodded.

And with that, he kissed her cheek and left for the venue. She spent the next fifteen minutes continuing on with her song not feeling the best. Kyra had a headache and her eyes were making doubles of the letters on the page. She shook her head and decided it was time to stop writing and head over for the night’s show.

“Kat! Come on, let’s go!” she called to her friend.

“Coming!” Kat called, emerging from the bunks while trying to put her shoes on.

Kyra walked off ahead and her friend soon caught up, walking beside her. The walk was silent, until Kat broke the silence.

“You know, Mike was right. You do look really pale. You alright?” Kat asked.

“I’m fine, let’s just go say good luck and shit like normal and go find somewhere to rest, okay?”

“Okay, I just don’t want you to faint or something.”

“Kat. I’m not going to faint,” Kyra snapped.

“I’m just saying. If you feel like you’re going to faint just tell me.”

Kyra nodded and they inside, past the usual security, to be backstage. Mikey was at the side of the stage, waiting for his fiancée as usual. She walked up to him and they did their handshake that was followed by a hug and a kiss.

“I love you,” he whispered, kissing her forehead.

“I love you too,” she smiled back.

He slung his bass over his shoulder and waved to her before disappearing onto the stage. She smiled and stood there, watching the show start. Gerard’s voice burst through the speakers for the first official time that night when Kyra didn’t feel well.

Slowly, she walked off to find Kat. Swaying with one of her hands on the side of her forehead, Kyra could see Kat off in the distance. Kat turned and noticed Kyra. She gave her a worried look and started to walk over to her.

“Kat…I think I’m going to-”

Then it all went dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
7 comments gets you an update.