Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

I'm Tired Of Trying.

Mikey walked out to the car, not a word was said. He didn't even open any doors for Kyra like he had been doing, the only one he opened was the back door. He sat in the driver seat, waiting patiently on Kyra to come out.

Kyra made sure the car seat was in securely before shutting the door and moving to the front passenger seat in silence, putting on her belt.

Once that was done, Mikey started the car and turned on the radio, backed the car out of the driveway and headed to Kat and Frank’s. They arrived there in silence except for the radio and she got out to get their son.

Mikey walked to the door and knocked, waiting on someone to answer it. Kat opened the door, with Frank leaping out from behind her. Kyra struggled carrying the car seat as well as the bags but managed as Frank came to help her after coming out after Kat.

"Hey guys, what’s up?" Mikey asked once they were all inside.

"Not much. What's up with you?" Kat asked as Frank picked Jamie up.

"Nothing," Kyra muttered.

"Nothing. Figured we would surprise you guys since Frank still need a tux," Mikey said in a low tone, while thinking they shouldn't have left the house in these kind of moods.

"I knew I was forgetting something," Frank chuckled.

"So you want to get the guys together and go get it?" Mikey asked, trying to act normal but thoughts of Kyra and why she was so upset filled his mind. What? She could kiss him but he couldn't kiss her? Is that what the deal was? There was so many questions in his head.

"Sure," Frank said, handing Jamie to Kyra before going out to ring the other guys.

"While the boys are doing that, want to just go look around town?" Kat asked.

"Hm, yeah sure, whatever," Kyra shrugged.

Mikey waited on Frank to come back and let him know what the guys said, silently while stealing glances at Kyra.

"Yeah, the guys are meeting us there," Frank said coming back in, "I'll see you when we get back," he said, kissing Kat on the side of her head, "Let's go Mike."

"Bye, don't corrupt my son while I'm gone," he told Kat, while stealing one last look at Kyra.

"Oh, don't corrupt my son while I'm gone," Kyra mocked under her breath once Mike left.

"What’s up with you two?" Kat asked, sensing something was wrong, very wrong.

"I don't know anymore," Kyra sighed.

"Well instead of going to town, want to eat a big bowl of ice cream and talk about it like we used to when we were teens?"

Kyra shook her head, "No, that won't help."

"Well, what is going on? I mean you guys seemed happy the other day and now I could probably cut the tension between you two with a knife."

"I don't know. It's weird. We act like we're a couple, you know? We're even sharing the same bed and wake up next to each other and I don't know. It's just been weird ever since I kissed him and now even weirder since he kissed me this morning.”

"Wait, you what? And he what? His idea or yours to share? Did you guys ever have that date?"

"We kissed. Twice. He asked and I said yes. We did have that date last night."

"Why’d you kiss him. How was the date?" Kat asked, she had a look in her eyes that said she was thinking about something.

"It's just so frustrating! It's like one minute, he doesn't want to be together but then I catch him telling me how much he loves when I'm pretending to be asleep and kisses me!? He's playing games with me Kat. It was alright. I mean I would have just have been happy to do anything. Not so much fancy. Just as long as it was with him."

"Kyra I don't think he is playing games with you. We had a strange conversation about you while you were in the hospital before you agreed to let him stay in New York with you. Did you know that?"

Kyra shook her head.

"Would you like to know?" Kat asked, she knew it would sort of be betraying Mikey’s trust but she felt that if she told Kyra it might help her understand what’s going on in that poor boy’s mind, and to Kat that was the important thing.

"I don't want to know but if he hasn't done anything before I go away to record then I know where I stand."

"And just where do you stand? And what would he have to do?"

"If he hasn't done anything then I guess that's it. He's got his chance to do something but I'm not going to wait around forever."

"Kyra sweetie, he took you on a date and kissed you. I think he is trying to do something, but at the same time he is afraid to show to much of what he feels for you after what happened last time."

Kyra sighed, "I guess."

"Wouldn't you be the same way, if you were in his shoes? And are you ever going to tell me about that date?"

"There's really nothing to tell Kat. He's going to lord what happened over me in a fight, isn't he?"

"So it was a shitty date?" Kat asked in a joking way, "I don't think so. I honestly think he wants to move past it. Keep listing to what he says to you at night, that may be the only way to find out what’s going on in his head and how he feels about you," Kat said, feeling like she might have actually given Kyra some good advice for once.

"No, it was good. Just...not gossip worthy. And what am I going to do? Just shut up and pretend I'm asleep?"

"Maybe that was a bad idea after all but what else could you try? It’s not like he says the stuff to you when he knows your awake."

"Fine. You all ready for the big day?"

"I'm nervous. What if he leaves me at the alter or forgets to say something because he is on sugar high?"

"He's not going to leave you at the alter. And we will keep him away from the sugar. And in worse case scenario, we'll tattoo the words on him."

"Are you sure he won’t leave me?" This was the first time in a long time Kat had showed any sign of being scared of anything.

“He's not going to leave you Kat. Frank loves you. He's not going to leave you," she repeated.

"I know Kyra, it’s just Frank’s so scatter brained sometimes. It worries me. It’s like I'm the only adult in the relationship sometimes," Kat sighed, worrying about Frank and the wedding itself.

"You aren't going to call off the wedding are you?"

"No never, why would I do that?"

"Never mind," Kyra said shaking her head, "Can you look after Jamie for a while? I need to go for a walk."

"Yeah, of course. Be careful okay?" Kat said as she stuck her arms out for Jamie, all the while hoping Kyra and Mikey would work things out.

"Thanks," she said before her son on the forehead and handing him to her. Kyra went to the door and turned back around, "Oh and I think Mikey said something about pizza earlier? I'm not sure."

"You guys staying over for the night?" Kat paused to move James so he was more comfortable in her arms, "Oh when was the last time James ate?"

"I don't know," Kyra said thinking, "He's due for another at...2 ish. But we all should be back by then."

"Okay, have a nice walk. If you like parks there is one about a block away from here."

Kyra nodded and thanked her again before leaving. She walked for fifteen minutes and ended up back at the Way house where she claimed she just needed to grab something for Jamie, but instead grabbed the disposable camera which she took to a one hour photo developer. Kyra made the most of her time by going into a few nearby stores, where she bought two new pairs of jeans and a few new shirts.

Kat played with the baby, until he fell asleep. She then laid him down and went to get her wedding book where she looked over everything, trying to make sure they hadn’t forgotten anything, Kat was pretty much satisfied til she noticed they didn't have a cake. This stressed her out even more. Would she be able to find one in less than two weeks? She thought about calling Kyra but decided not to seeing as she had enough stress already. She got a phone book and started calling places until she ended up falling asleep. The stress was keeping her up at night so she wasn't getting much sleep. Each day she found herself more and more tired.

Kyra got the photos back and she decided to head back. She had her bags in one hand while flicking through the old photos of the group. Kyra stopped on the one of her and Mikey. He was looking at her while she pouted. She chuckled and kept going. Her bubblegum lost its flavour once she reached the required street where she could see the guy's cars out of the front of Kat and Frank's.

Kat awoke with a jump as she heard five car doors slam and loud voices coming near the door. She quickly jumped up and ran to the door, "Will you guys shut the hell up there’s-" She was cut off by James starting to cry. She glared at the guys before walking back to the living room while muttering, "Now look what you've done, idiots." Kat picked James up and walked to the kitchen.

She smiled at the photo of her and James. Mikey was right. It was cute. Kyra slowly went along, taking her time.

Kat made the bottle while balancing James on her hip. The boys still in the living room being loud. Kat sighed as she walked back in and realized all the seats had been taken and she would have to sit in the floor to feed James.

Kyra came back in quietly, putting the photos in with one of her bags. She left it at the living room door before walking over to Kat and receiving James from her, feeding him for her.

"You guys need to learn how to be quiet. We can’t all tour if you’re going to be loud and keep James up," Kat finally said, in an aggravated voice.

"Just chill Kat," Frank smiled, pulling her onto his lap and kissing her cheek.

"Frank, how can I chill when Kyra will be on another bus and I will be stuck with you five being loud, keeping me and James both up?" Kat asked, nuzzling into his neck.

"I don't know. You're still going to see her. She just wont be sleeping in the same bus," he told her, stroking her hair.

"Yes and that means looking out for James, while you guys are being loud and waking him up and than making me set in the floor to feed him."

"I'm sorry. I didn't see you. I would have given you my seat but you've got a seat now," he smiled.

Kat nodded nuzzling her head into his neck more and eventually falling asleep.

Frank went and took her to the bedroom where he laid her down, before returning to his seat. Kyra, did the same, except with her son and in his portable crib set up in the spare room. She came back out and sat on the arm of the chair since there was no seats, leaning her arm on Frank's shoulder.

"Want my seat?" Mikey asked, thinking she must be uncomfortable.

Kyra shook her head, "No, I'm fine."

Mikey nodded going back to staring off in to space. He had been like that since they had come back. Kyra started laughing when Frank started poking her, eventually falling on to him by accident, the two in a fit of laughter.

Mikey smirked as an evil idea came to mind, "Dog pile on Kyra and Frank!"

Kyra and Frank let out a small fake scream as Mikey, Bob and Ray piled on them while Gerard sat there, not interested. Kat woke up from her sleep and decided to sneak back into the room, seeing no one was paying attention, she ran and jumped on the dog pile landing, "Room for one more?" She asked after already making her crash landing.

Kyra laughed and groaned, "I hate you all!"

"We love you," They all cheered except for Gerard.

"Guys, can you get off? It's not helping that you guys are crushing me and Frank's knee is jabbing me in my spine," she whined.

They all got up in hurry, which sent Kat flying backwards since she was on the top. She landed on Gerard’s lap.

"Get. Off. Me. Now," Gerard said, standing up and walking off to the bathroom. Kyra just laughed from the floor.

Kat mumbled some curse words under her breath before laughing with everyone else. Her moment of happiness was gone though when she spotted her wedding book on the floor. "I need to go to the store, anyone want to come?" Kat asked, deciding she would make her own wedding cake.

Frank jumped up and proclaimed he wanted to go, running off to tell Gerard while Ray and Bob shrugged and said "Why not?" while Kyra shook her head, "Na. Jamie's down and it'll just be a pain to wake him up and get cranky."

Kat nodded and realized this was going to be one crazy shopping trip, "What about you Mikey?" Kat asked.

"No, I think I will stay, you're already going to have your hands full."

Kyra nodded in agreement with Kat having her hands full and they soon left, leaving Kyra and Mikey.

"So?"

Kyra nodded, acknowledging him before going to look in her shopping bags.

"What the hell did I do?" Mikey asked, raising his voice slightly. He couldn't take her giving him the cold shoulder anymore.

Kyra looked over her shoulder at him, "What?" she asked, slightly confused with her hand on the photos still in the bag, deciding whether or not to pull them out.

"You've been giving me the cold shoulder all day and I want to know why," Mikey said calmer now that she was speaking to him.

"I have not, thank you very much."

"Yes you have. You’re doing it right now. What the hell did I do?"

"If I was giving you the so called cold shoulder, I wouldn’t be talking to you!"

"Yes you would and you would be doing it in the same distant voice you are doing it in now."

"Whatever Mikey, whatever," she muttered.

"I don't know what I did and I don't really care if you ever tell me," Mikey said getting up and heading for the door.

"If you didn't care why did you ask? And you know, I may be giving you 'the cold shoulder'," she air quoted, "But it works both ways!"

"Whatever Ky, whatever. I'm tired of trying," Mikey sighed as he opened the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
five to go.
might take a small break but ill be back with those five for today.