Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Bummer.

Kat decided she had seen enough, deciding to walk away and just call Pete. She pulled out Kyra's cell and dialled the number.

"Hello?"

"Pete, it’s Kat. Kyra told me to call you," Kat said, sitting away from Kyra and her drama.

"Oh…hey! What's up?"

"Well Kyra has gone crazy and been doing nothing but drinking these last two weeks and she said you wanted to talk to me. I just now got her to give me her cell, what’s up with you?"

"Eh nothing I guess. Just thought we could hang some time?"

"Maybe. Depends on if I am stuck playing mom while Kyra is out drinking and having a good time while I am stuck with her kid and fighting with my husband all the time," Kat sighed, "Sorry Pete, I didn't mean to spring all that on you, how’s Ash?"

"It's cool. Ash is good, busy with her record. Well Kat, it is Ky’s first tour after all."

"That’s good. So, um, what should we do with Kyra? Right now she is fighting with Gee and Mikey about seeing Jamie while she is drunk off her ass."

"I don't know. They're really protective of him, aren’t they?"

"Yeah, they are. We all are. We don't want something happening to him or Kyra dropping him. Pete do you know she hasn't seen her own son in two weeks?"

"Serious?"

"Yes I am very serious. All James does is cry because he misses her so much. This is the first time I have even seen Ky in two weeks. I think I have lost my best friend, "Kat told Pete honestly.

"Kat, think back to the guys first tour. They probably got wasted as hell. Give her a break."

"Pete, the only ones who really drank were Ky and Gee but they also didn't have a kid at the time. And Gerard had to go to rehab after our first tour, I don't want that for Ky. Can you try talking to her if you can catch her sober?"

"I'll try but I doubt I'll catch her sober."

"Good luck, so how are the rest the guys? Oh is it cool for me to have your number in my phone?"

"They’re good and of course it's cool. Here's my number," he said giving her the number.

Kat put the number in her phone, "I just hope, never mind what I was about to say. Kyra would be very mad if I said that so moving on. Maybe I should go check on them."

"Hope what Kat?"

"Nothing. I can’t really say. It would piss Ky off. Let’s just say it’s a secret of hers I've kept for a long time, I can’t hear her yelling any more," Kat started to head back to the bus area, at a slow pace just in case.

"Oooh secret! Spill!"

"I can’t! All you need to know is Ky has a really hard life because of things and I don't want that to happen to James or Ky to turn out that way.”

"Bummer....Can you tell me now?" He chuckled.

"No. I can’t tell you now, oh but I can tell you I'm moving away from Jersey."

"Oh really now? Cali I hope?"

"No, Frank says N.Y first then Alaska and then near you. He thinks we're secret lovers or something," Kat told him, enjoying having a friend to talk to and not fighting with anyone.

"That's freaking hilarious!" Pete laughed.

"I know it is. I told him he didn't have to worry but you know how Frank is when he's had Skittles."

"Ha ha. I know. Bren's the same after red bull."

"New rule. Frank and this Bren person are never allowed to meet," Kat sighed as she made it to the bus, only to realize everyone was asleep and she was locked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
x)