Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Her Soul On Paper.

The next morning, Mikey woke Kat up demanding that she call Pete. So Kat pulled her cell out and dialled his number.

"Yeah I know Pete, I wouldn't have called if it wasn't an emergency, Mikey wants to talk to you," Kat told Pete, handing Mikey the phone.

"Hey Mikey, dude, what can I do for you?" Pete asked.

"I need you to send Ky to rehab as soon as possible. Things are getting way out of control."

"What do you mean? I can't do that Mike, it's not like I have her soul on paper."

"I know that, but if you tell her to go she will. She listens to you more than she us. She hasn't been eating man and I think she is on pills and is drinking big time. You have to help us convince her she needs the help. You won’t believe what she did last night," Mikey said sighing, this really was not what he wanted but he didn't see any other way.

"Oh man, what did she do? I gotta hear this," Pete asked, thinking she pulled some kind of prank.

"She promised to come back to our bus. So after the show, she told Kat she would be right back, well she never came back. She left Kat and her son alone back stage while we played without saying a word."

Pete sighed, "Alright. What town you guys in? You near L.A right?"

"Yeah I think so, why?"

"Okay, I'll ring up and get her a place. Who's going to take her?"

"I will. Pete, Sorry I had call so early. Do you need to speak with her?"

"Na man. It's cool. I'll text Kat with the details. Catch ya," he said, hanging up.

Mikey handed Kat her phone back and walked to the front of the bus to make coffee.

"What's happening?" Kat asked softly.

"Pete’s going to make some calls and text you with the details and then I am going to take her to what ever the place is he will be sending her to. Sorry we didn't believe you."

"It's okay. She's not going to go easy Mike, you know that right?"

"Well, what would you suggest then?"

Kat shrugged, "I don't know Mike. Want me to look after Jamie while you do whatever you're going to do?"

"Please," he said, handing her a cup of coffee.

"Morning," Mikey said to his brother, while he waited on Kat to get the text he was some what dreading to get.

Gerard gave a nod of his head, sitting down at the table. Kat went to see Frank and came back a short while later, giving Mike the phone to read the message.

Mikey read the note before handing Kay back her phone, "Tell him I said thank you, and if I don't make it out alive, he can have whatever he wants from my house," Mikey said trying to lighten the mood.

Kat nodded and went back to Frank. "Out alive? Geez Mike, you becoming a fire fighter?" Gerard asked.

"Worse," Mikey told Gerard, sighing.

"Search and rescue team?"

"More like, I’msendingKytorehabanddon’twanttotellyou,youwereright," Mikey said super fast.

"But I thought?" Gerard said, thinking about seeing Kyra yesterday.

"You thought what?"

"Doesn't matter," he shook his head, "Want some help?"

"Well do you think the band can survive with only three members?"

"I think so. I mean, we can Frank if you think she'll put up that much of a battle."

"I'm just saying me and you may not come back alive."

"I'm sure we will. When do we have to take her?"

"In like ten minutes."

"Mmkay. Lemme go get changed," Gerard muttered going to get changed and coming back out soon after, "Are you sure this is what you want to do Mikes? I mean, there's no going back."

"It’s not what I want, but it’s what she needs and that over rules my wants. Don't you think?”

"I guess. They're probably still sleeping so my idea is you go get her, carry her to the car while I pack some shit and take her while she's sleeping?"

"I would say that you’re right but Pete called her. I don't know what he told her though."

"Alrighty then," Gerard said, climbing up the bus steps and getting onto the bus to see Kyra sitting on the sofa with her arms crossed.

"You thought you could keep this from me?" She asked, a small smile on her face.

"What from you?" Mikey asked, coming on the bus behind Gerard.

"The shopping trip we're going on!" She smiled.

"Kyra-" Mikey went to say.

"The shopping trip! That's right! You've got us all figured out Kyra," Gerard nodded, going along with it.

"Yeah, why don't we go on out to the car?" Mikey acted.

Kyra happily went out past the two and when she left Gerard just shrugged, shoving some clothes in a duffle bag and secretly putting it in the car.

"So what kind of clothes do you want?" Mikey asked, still playing along.

"Well I want some new shoes and some new jeans and some more shoes," she laughed.

"Don’t you have enough shoes?"

"Pfft. No!" She scoffed as Gerard drove.

"Make a left in like two miles I think... I should have wrote those directions down," Mikey muttered.

"Directions?" Kyra asked.

"Yeah, Pete sent a text with directions to his new Clandestine store and you are going to be the first one to shop there."

"Score!" Kyra punched the air.

Gerard chuckled and took the left turn.

Mikey pulled his phone out and asked Kat to text him the directions. Once he got them, he handed his phone to Gerard.

Kyra hummed along to the radio til the car stopped, looking out the window, "Let's go shop- YOU GUYS LIED!" Kyra shrieked.

"No, Pete lied. We just went a long with it," Mikey told her.

"Still! I can't believe you two!" Kyra yelled, scooting as far away as possible.

"Yeah, well I can’t believe the way you have been acting. Now come on and get out of the car."

"I'm not going," she said, crossing her arms.

"Either you go or you will be fired."

Kyra ignored him, instead turning her attention to Gerard, "Gerard, c'mon. You know I don't need this."

"No Ky. You do."

"No, no, no. I'll stop! Just please don't make me stay here," she begged, almost starting to cry.

"Crying won’t work Kyra. You need this so you will stop being a bad mom," Mikey said crossing his arms, looking her in the eyes.

"Mikey, Mikey, please no," she said, flinging her arms around his neck and attaching her hands tightly to his tee.

Mikey wrapped his arms around her tightly. Once he had a good grip on her he pulled her out of the car, "You need this."

"No, no, I need to stay with you," she said, not letting go.

"No, you need to go here so you can learn to be a good mom, a good friend and a good girlfriend. Not some one who lies and parties all the time."

"I'm sorry. I-I-I'll do better. Just don't make me stay here," she cried.

"You have to."

The facility people soon came over and started to take Kyra off of him, only to have her reattach herself every time they took her hand off, "Mikey," she sobbed.

"Just remember, I love you and you need this."

"Mikey, please no," she kept crying as they finally got her off.

"Yes, you have to," Mikey said as he watched them drag her away, almost about to start crying himself while Gerard got Kyra's bag from the trunk.

Gerard handed them her bag and put his arm around his brother once she was gone, "You did the right thing. She's going to be right Mike. She's going to get the help she needs and she'll come back to you," he tried to make him feel better.

"Yeah and she is going to hate me," Mikey said, walking around to the passenger side door.