Status: Loves all the subscribers and commenters <3 The story is being updated as frequently as possible :)

Your Silver Bullets Won't Save You Now

There's Always A Way

Footsteps were the first clue I wasn’t alone, but his scent was so different that I knew someone was there.

I jumped out of the tree I had climbed, landing softly behind him.

“What’re you doing out here Max?” I asked.

He jumped, cursing and spinning around, nearly falling over.

“God, you scared me.” He breathed, clutching his chest.

“Sorry.” I mumbled as I walked away slightly, kicking random forest objects around.

“Are you ok? I saw you run straight past Geography so guessed there was something wrong.”

I paused and turned back to him, watching him and his caring expression.

“I’m fine. Are you ok? I heard the angry footsteps storm out of a room.”

I watched as his jaw clenched in anger.

“You could hear anything over Feher’s obvious love for himself.” He snapped.

I blinked, shocked at him slightly, “Sorry.” He mumbled.

I nodded and looked down.

“Do you love him?” He asked, his voice filled with something I couldn’t decipher.

I looked up, tears welling in my eyes once again, “No.” I mumbled, my voice choking slightly as tears spilled over.

He was suddenly in front of me, his hand hovering above my arm, not quite touching it, he was watching me as though uncertain that I would want him this close.

“Then why are you with him?” He whispered, his hand finally landing on my arm.

I instantly felt sick, but put it down to the thought of Feher, stress was going to kill me.

“Not my choice, I can’t disappoint my parents. It’s our pack’s tradition.” I bit my tongue, I can’t believe I just said pack.

But as I looked at him, he merely nodded in understanding.

Obviously not picking up on the generally Werewolf phrase.

“Well, maybe you can find a way out of being with him, but not disappointing your parents?” he offered, trying to be helpful.

I sighed and tried to walk away, but his other arm quickly held me in place, his eyes begging for me to explain.

“Look, I know you’re trying to help and I’m grateful, but you said yourself I’m not very people friendly, so leave me alone. You don’t understand, you don’t understand anything, you just turn up here, smelling weird and confusing me, locking eyes with me as though we have some kind of ‘connection’ and then being an ass to me, but then being nice. You confuse me, frustrate me, ann-“

My loud and violent outburst was cut short as I noticed him smiling at me.

“What?” I snapped, confused by his obvious happiness at my misery.

“Nothing, I just never realised how…random you were.”

I rolled my eyes, “I’m stuck with Feher, and I’ve got to marry him. Two months until I become his wife.” I whispered mostly to myself, but I did see his jaw clench and his hold on my arms tightened.

“You’ll find a way out of it.” He said through gritted teeth.

“I really don’t think I will.” I whispered, my tears tasting salty as they slipped past my lips.

I shook Max off and picked up my bag. I turned back around to him.

“I’m sorry Max. Thank you for trying to help.” I whispered, leaning up and kissing his cheek softly.

I turned and walked off.

“That’s what friends are for!” He called after me.

I smiled to myself, my head feeling warm with happiness.

I had made a friend.

**

I woke with a start, please tell me I hadn’t done that, that I hadn’t kissed Max.

I ran my hand through my hair, shaking slightly as I stood up.

I began pacing around my room. Was I insane?

Feher is bound to find out, even if it was an innocent peck on the cheek, he’ll kill me, have Max killed and then kill me again.

I sat on the edge of my bed, shaking with fear.

Maybe he wouldn’t find out…maybe.

“We’re under attack!” Someone screamed, I jumped to my feet and ran onto the landing, forgetting all fears of Feher.

I peered over the banister, but could only see moving shadows.

I listened intently the sounds of grunting, metal clashing and dying screams making me wince.

But this is the moment I had been building up for, for my whole life.

I slowly shifted into my wolf form and stood at the top of the stairs,

This was it, my big moment, the time to see if I'll live or die.

The Galiks are attacking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like, another update seeing as there wasn't over past few days.
Comments would be loved....
Definat Till The End returns today and I expect she'll want to start writing this story now...
So Goobye from me, Vampre's_Addiction.
Until We Meet Again! :)