Status: Loves all the subscribers and commenters <3 The story is being updated as frequently as possible :)

Your Silver Bullets Won't Save You Now

When Logic and Reason Fail You, Love Will Have Your Back

“Dad, please. Listen to me!” I screamed, stopping my foot on the muddy ground. I knew if I’d been at home in our hallway, my shoe clad feet would have made an impressive sound, instead out here, in the middle of our pack’s forests it had no effect.

The rest of the wolves walked past me as I stopped, shaking with the anger that was building up inside of me. My shoulder ached from where a vampire had pushed me into the banisters and my lip was cut from where another had kicked me. We were all injured in fact, as we limped through the forest.

Up in front my father and Feher were discussing tactics and ways to get their revenge of the vampire’s that had just run us from our house, that had just killed my mother.

The only reason that we lived was because the sun had risen. As soon as they were gone my father had ordered a mass evacuation, we were going to one of our safe houses, not that they’d been used in a good few decades.

I’d tried to tell my father that the Galik’s could help, but he wasn’t interested; “Our pack has been attacked twice this week, both times we have suffered major casualties, I will not associate with one of the species that have attacked us, I do not align myself with my enemies. Your mother would have wanted this.” Feher had dragged me away at this point.
I felt numb currently, yet all my finger tips tingled. I could still see her face just looking at me, watching me. That look of confusion as the vampire had sliced it’s claws into her throat would haunt my dreams.

“Please father.” I called once more, as the last of the pack pushed past me and continued in the morning sun.

I sighed heavily as I saw my father wave his hand in the distance, a universal sign for everyone to shut up and stop. I froze, had the vampires come back? Surely not.

After a few moments he waved his hand again and they continued, I remained where I was, wondering if they’d even notice I was gone. Letting them get a good distance ahead, I slowly began to walk again, trailing my hands across the overgrown trees, bushes and plants around me. In the far distance I could hear little woodland creatures scuttling about, they’d run for cover as soon as we all began lumbering through the trees.

Pulling my torn cardigan up over my shoulder, wincing at the movement, I shuddered, my nose picking up a familiar scent. A tree branch snapped to my right, but it was to my left that I was focused on. My top lip curled back to expose my teeth as I dropped into a prowling stance, a growl reverberating through my chest.

“It’s only me Carta.” I relaxed, straightening back up again, my eyes searching the shadows for his face.

“Max.” I whispered, stepping towards him, before stepping back again. “Your brother, did he get you in trouble? Are you alone? We were attacked, by vampires, my mother, she-“

“I know. My tribe turned up at your house, I was stupid enough to leave a trail and he could smell werewolf. When we got there the place was a wreck. We found your mum, sh-“

“Please don’t.”

“She died a noble death Carta. I’m so sorry.” He whispered as he stepped forward, so that he was in front of me. Gingerly he held out his arms and hugged me. After a brief moment of awkwardness I relaxed into him and soon enough my eyes were brimming with unshed tears.

He held me as I sobbed deeply in his arms, my entire body shaking as though it were about to fall apart. My head ached and my skull felt like it was about to burst, but somehow it felt a tiny bit better, simply because Max was holding onto me. – Holding me together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quite short, yet hopefully somewhat sweet <3