Status: Loves all the subscribers and commenters <3 The story is being updated as frequently as possible :)

Your Silver Bullets Won't Save You Now

In Another Life, We'll Meet

"Max, I don't know what to do. We're being hunted by Vampires and so we're running away to a safe house. But how long before they find us? Just before my Mother d- just before, she was telling my father about what happened in the street. Apparently we shouldn't have been able to kill those vampires. She, I think, thought that if we worked together we could beat them, but I don't think your people would ever agree, let alone my father, he hates you all, he-"

"Ssh, calm down. We were attacked by vampires too. When my brother and I returned home we found we'd been attacked. My father's trying to work out what to do now. He's suggesting we leave too, take some time to recooperate."

I gulped, I was leaving and so was he. Was he here to say Goodbye?

"But I don't want to go. Not without you." As he said this, he traced a hand down my left cheek, catching each and every tear that stained my flushed cheeks.

On shakey feet I put some distance between us both. "Just give me a minute Max, I need to think."

Stepping away from him and finding myself suddenly able to breath, I leant against a tree, moisture seeping through to my skin. In the distance I could sense the pack rumbling through the trees.

Both the Galiks and the wolves had a common enemy. The Vampires.

If we work together we can beat them.

But how on earth did we get them to work together?

On the plus side, I was quickly realising, Feher had nothing to hold over me anymore. My Father new about Max and I meeting.

"We need to get the two species to work together. So we need to get them to meet on neutral ground. But neither of our Father's would allow it. And I'm not eighteen for another 6 weeks, so can't take control of the pack. Huh, my Prom would have been tomorrow." I whispered, my mind drawing strange comparisons between that fake reality and now.

"Well I'm not eighteen for another week, but we haven't really got the time to waste. Plus my brother is breathing down my neck, I think he wants the title as leader."

"So what do we do?" I asked in a whisper as he closed the distance between us. My heart beat raced the nearer he got, my palms becoming sweaty. I couldn't look away from him.

"I don't know Carta, I wish I did." He whispered, tracing another hand down my cheek.

God I wish he'd kiss me.

I cleared my throat and stepped away, before I let my imagination run away from me.

"Maybe if I try to convince your Father that wolves aren't all that bad?" I asked quietly, as I plucked a big green leaf from the bush we were next to.

"He'd kill you on the spot." Max whispered, clasping my shaking hands together, squashing the leaf between our hands.

"So we each fight alone? And we try to live? And we meet...I don't know?...Here. We'll meet here, if we live? If we live when all this is over and the Vampires are dead, we'll meet here?" I said in a reserved tone, as I pushed away from him and began pacing back and fourth, images flashing behind my eyelids. Could I leave him?

Why couldn't I leave him? Might have been a better question to ask...

I looked back to him, his hair falling slightly into his eyes. They watched me intently, his hands hovering in the air slightly, as if he wished they were around me.

He's not the only one.

God, was I going into season or something. I pulled at the collar of my top and blew air up into my face. I was panicing, I needed to calm down.

"I don't like the idea of you dying, Carta." His voice sounded so sad, that it made me pause mid step. My entire brain seemed to pause, all my thoughts and my worries.

Without thinking I closed the distance between us and kissed him.

His arms found their way around me, and I wrapped mine around his neck, securing him against me. He held me like he never wanted to let me go. And I returned the favour.

"We meet here." I whispered as I pulled away for breath.

And without that I shoved him backwards and ran, only hoping that he wouldn't follow me.

We can't unite our species; I couldn't leave my pack.

So I would die with them if I had to.
♠ ♠ ♠
So you can thank celestial_royalty for this update. As she reminded me, Mibba exists :D
Enjoy...but look out...Trouble ahead ;) <3