Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(1)The meeting

You shuffled in through the doors to your high school, a book only inches away from your nose, paying no mind to the things around you. It was as normal a day as any for you. You had walked to school, your house only being about six blocks away, and just like on any other day you were slightly annoyed by the bright morning sunlight and the speeding cars that drove by, and nearly ran you over since there was no sidewalk. But that was all normal too. Let's just you're not exactly the most popular girl in the school, but you didn't mind. You preferred your own company and that of the few friends that you had to the parties and things most popular girls went to.
You swept your long black hair over your shoulder and smiled as you turned the final page, holding the book to your chest in quiet relief as you leaned back against your locker.
"Earth to Kira, come in Kira," your best friend Jake said as he waved his hand in front of your face and then finally resorted to poking you in the forhead.
You sighed dreamily, seeming to not notice him and gazed up into the school's ceiling imagining a guy coming and sweeping you off of your feet and taking you to some magical land where you could be a princess. You sighed again and Jake looked at you almost in concern.
"Uhh Kira?" He took your shoulders and began to shake you. "Speak to me! Don't tell me they cut out your tongue! Oh the horror!"
You glared at Jake and shooed away his hands as you turned and opened your locker. "Stop ruining my day dreams of my dream guy."
Jake looked offended. "Excuse me, miss teen, I didn't know you had day dreams about any other man. I thought you were already promised to me." He laughed, and romantically pulled you into his arms,
You gently pushed him away, laughing back, but blushing like mad, "Oh that's right. So when's the wedding again?"
Jake had momentarily forgotten about you as he turned to gape at miss popular herself, walking down the hallway. Her name was Lisa and she was perfect in everyway. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and a great figure, or so most people would say.
You wanted to puke when you saw her and did so mockingly into your locker, though no one was paying attention to you enough to notice. As soon as she was out of sight Jake turned back to you and you gave him a punch on the arm that was less than friendly.
"Hey! What's that all about?" He asked, holding his injured arm.
"That's it I want a divorce!" You declared, jokingly, and "hmmphed" before leaving him. You smiled to yourself as you buried your nose in another book. It was so much fun to flirt with Jake, but there was really nothing going on between the two of you. You'd known him since practically birth and were very nearly inseparable. You smiled again and almost laughed until your book was violently ripped from your hands. You looked around for whoever had dared to do it and found none other than Lisa and her two cronies standing there laughing at you.
She began to read your book out loud, as it was talking about love and blushed when everyone around you laughed. "Awe, Kira wants a boyfriend," Lisa sneered as she threw your book onto the floor. "You should know by now, honey, you're just not pretty enough."
You blushed again and reached down to grab your book when someone came from behind you and shoved you down to your hands and knees. You felt the pain of scrapped palms and knees, but ignored it and the laughing group until they were all gone because the bell had rang.
*Oh no I'm late!* You thought, panicked as you scrambled to find your belongings, which had been kicked around the floor after you had dropped them. You crawled over to your book and reached for it when suddenly it was picked up by someone else’s hand.
"This yours?" a sweet male voice asked almost in a teasing way.
*Great...* You thought as you looked up. *Someone else to torment me.* "I'm the only one in the hall picking up things aren't I?" You asked angrily, but then you saw his face and all your anger seemed to flee from you. He had short brown, spiky hair and golden eyes that showed laughter. *He's cute...* You thought, almost saying the words out loud and shook your head, blushing as you stood up.
"I'm only teasing," he laughed as he opened the book and began to read, then smiled, "Demons huh?"
"Yes..." you said softly, reaching out to take it back.
"Allow me, my lady," he bowed and took your other things from you, all save for your back pack which you would part with only through death.
You held it to your chest as he offered to take it and shook your head. "Are you new here or something....?"
He nodded and the two of you began to walk down the hall. "Yep. I just moved here from..." He paused and seemed to think about it for a minute before going on, completely changing the subject. "My name's Kyo," he smiled brightly, making you forget about what had just happened. "You're Kira?"
"How'd you know?" You asked, glancing at him sideways, suspiciously.
"Oh well," he rubbed the back of his head nervously. "I just heard someone saying it before."
“Oh..." you put your head down in embarrassment at having not thought of that. It was silent for a few minutes before you realized that you were almost to class and you didn't know where he was supposed to be going. "Well this is my class..." You smiled and starting to put your hand on the door knob when Kyo beamed behind you, "This is my class too!"
You tuned and gave him a weird look. "Really?"
"Really," he said excitedly as he handed you his schedule.
You couldn't believe what your eyes were seeing... His schedule was exactly like yours... *This is getting really weird... But I guess I shouldn't get suspicious. He seems nice enough.* "Ok then. See you in class," you said as you walked inside with him following.
"Well Kira, I'm glad to see you finally showed up for class," the teacher scolded.
"She was just showing me to my first class," Kyo jumped in to save you and you silently thanked him as you went to your seat.
"Who's that guy?" Jake asked from across the table and you only shrugged and smiled as Kyo began to introduce himself.
"My name's Kyo," he said first and smiled, making all the girls talk to each other in their separate groups about how cute he was. "And I just moved here."
Everyone looked at him expectedly, but he had no more to say so the teacher stood up and quickly showed him to a seat... Beside you.
"Since you two have already met, it would be good to sit together, don't you think?" The teacher asked and walked away before you could oppose.
"Nice seeing you again," Kyo winked, making your insides turn.
All the girls looked at you jealously though and for a minute you thought, *This might not be so bad after all...*
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah... short chapters. But oh well. So far now you know Kyo. And if you haven't gotten this yet, this is a story for girls. But guys are always welcome.