Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(10)Home Again

You held on tight to Lunehtiel as he soared over the city and then the more quiet forest. It felt kind of strange being in the arms of this guy who you had just met. Sure he had saved your life, and he was a brother to the others, but there was no telling what he was going to do. You bit your lip and looked down, trying not to seem distressed about the situation.
"What are you thinking about?" Lunehtiel asked, slowing his flying down so the two of you could easily hear each other over the wind. He had sensed that there was something going on, and he wasn't going to let it pass by without trying to talk it out with you. He didn't want you to be afraid of him...
You didn't meet his gaze as he asked. You just looked down at your hands trying to avoid the conversation. "Nothing...''
He smiled lightly. "How can you think of nothing?"
"It's easy..." you giggled slightly and looked up at him. "I'm doing it right now."
"You want to know what I'm thinking about?" He leaned in close to you, almost shyly looking into your eyes.
You took a deep breath and nodded, "Sure..."
He then leaned even closer and kissed you gently on the lips. You blushed and held your breath, completely stunned for a second about what was going on. But it seemed like just as it started it was already over and he again was staring ahead looking off into the distance.
You giggled again, quietly and looked down. "So... why haven't you been here from the start?"
Lunehtiel glanced sideways at you then closed your eyes and sighed. "My mother is ill..."
You looked at him confused. "But... then why didn't the others stay behind as well?"
Lunehtiel laughed and shook his head. "They really haven't told you much have they?"
"What do you mean?" You felt like you already knew the answer, but you didn't want to answer and be wrong and make him mad or anything so you kept quiet about it.
"We all have different mothers..." he said simply, and you were amazed. They all had different mothers... but the same father.
You still had more questions for him. If the others weren't going to answer them then maybe he at least would. "So you have the same father?"
Lunetiel's face darkened at the word father and his eyes glowed red for a minute. "Yes..."
*Must be a touchy subject...* you thought feeling a little scared at the murderous look in his eyes. *Better not bring it up again...*
"It's ok," he looked down at you, his eyes again blue, and smiled. "It's just not something we like to talk about until we have to..."
"Ok..." you said uneasily, nodding slowly. "So is your mother ok?"
Lunehtiel nodded, not looking at you again. Maybe you weren't going to get much information from him after all... There were so many secrets in this family. You understood they were demons, but if you had to marry one of them then you wanted answers. You mentally wrote it down in your head to confront them about it later.
The rest of the journey home was silent, Lunehtiel lost in his own thoughts and you too worried about bringing up anything painful to even want to ask questions anymore. It wasn't long though before you got to the house and all of the guys were waiting outside. Kyo smiled and waved, jumping up and down at your arrival. Noki was sitting in a chair that he had brought outside and Chase was leaning against a wall with his arms crossed. The two of you landed in front of them and Kyo practically jumped on you.
"Are you ok? he asked looking you over.
You nodded and laughed at his over worriment. "I'm fine. Don't you trust me with your own brother?"
Kyo looked back at Lunehtiel, who smiled back at him. "What did he do to you?"
You laughed again and walked past him, going into the house. You were exhausted from your long day of shopping, then running then nearly being killed and such. That was enough to tire anyone out. You went to the living room first though and plopped down onto the couch, waiting for them to come in, figuring they'd want to talk.
But they all stayed outside. Kyo looked at Lunehtiel untrusting. "Why did you suddenly decide to show up?"
Lunehtiel sighed and pushed past him. "I'm here because I have just as much right as the three of you to be here with her."
"And what of your mother?" Noki asked, not trying to pain Lunehtiel, but just being curious.
"She has pulled through the sickness father has laid on her..." he answered through his teeth and decided to change the subject. "Why have you guys not told her everything?"
"We had a hard enough time trying to get her to believe we're demons..." Chase sighed and looked toward the door of the house where you had just went. "And then Sato showed up..."
"What are you planning on doing about him, anyway?" Lunehtiel asked looking at each of his brothers, seriously.
None of them had really thought of what to do about him...
Chase sighed and turned to go inside. "Well I'm going to bed... something like this can surely wait until tomorrow.."
Noki shook his head. "We may not even have until five minutes from now... someone should be with Kira all the time."
"I'll do it!" Kyo said excitedly raising his hand.
"You're not getting all the alone time with her!" Chase said pushing Kyo out of the way.
Noki put his hand over his face and shook his head. "We'll take turns...."
"Then I'm going first," Kyo pushed Chase out of the way and ran into the house. He stopped dead in his tracks and pressed his finger to his lips as the other guys came close. He pointed behind him and they looked...
You were curled up in a little ball on the couch, fast asleep...
Each of them tip toed up to you and looked down at you. "She's been through a lot in the last couple days..." Noki said, with sorrow.
"Yeah..." Kyo said sadly, looking like he might cry. "I wish we didn't have to put her through all this..."
Lunehtiel patted Kyo on the back and Kyo went up to you and picked you in his arms. No one argued over who would watch you tonight...
Kyo carried you up to your room and laid you down in your bed. You muttered something in your sleep about Sato and he touched your face and you instantly calmed down. He looked down at you, amazed at how beautiful you were. He couldn't believe that he might be so lucky to actually be your husband someday... He stood there for long moments before turning into his cat form. He leapt up onto the bed, snuggled into your arms and fell asleep with you.

You opened your eyes to the sunlight peeking through the curtains in your window. You felt something warm and soft in your arms and saw that it was that same orange and white cat that you had seen at your house. *It's Kyo...* you thought petting him gently. He purred and stretched, but didn't open his eyes. You looked around the room confused. *I don't remember coming up here... the last I remember I was laying on the couch wait for...* you looked down at Kyo again and smiled. *I must have fallen asleep...*
You pulled your arms away from Kyo and got up as silently as you could. You looked back at him as you opened the door, and saw his ears twitch, but he didn't move. You ran out the door and down the stairs to the smell of wonderful food. You felt starved like you hadn't eaten in days. You followed the smell to a big white door and peeked inside trying to remain unnoticed.
Beyond the door you saw a kitchen, and Lunehtiel standing at the oven cooking something. You held back a giggled as he dropped something on the ground and swore. He moved over to a counter where there were mounds of food from waffles to cereal to eggs and toast. *Aww... he made this all for me I bet.*
Suddenly your stomach growled realllllly loud and you pulled back away from the door in surprise. You heard footsteps coming toward the door and backed up slowly only to bump into someone else.
"Shhh..." you heard Noki shush you and you held your breath as the door opened and Lunehtiel looked out and around the room. He didn't seem to see anything though so he shrugged and went back into the kitchen.
Noki pulled you back away from the door and let you go as soon as you were out of ear shot. You turned around and looked at him curiously... "How did you...?"
"Magic," Noki said, smiling.
You had forgotten he had such powerful magic. "So you made us invisible?"
Noki nodded and smiled again with a strange look in his eyes.
You laughed and hugged him excitedly. "Wow I've never been invisible!"
"Alright I knew someone was out here!" Lunehtiel said busting out of the kitchen door.
You stood there and stared at him, noticing the oven mitts and apron he was wearing. You couldn't help, but turn to Noki and burst out laughing with him.
Lunehtiel looked at the two of you like you were crazy before shaking his head and returning to the kitchen which made you laugh even more until you had tears in your eyes.
You both followed Lunehtiel into the kitchen after you had calmed down a bit and sat down at the table.
A few minutes later Kyo came running through the door. "Kira's gone, has anyone-" he stopped in front of you at the table and sighed in relief. "Sorry thought something had happened..."
Lunehtiel and Noki both looked at him. "I thought you were supposed to be protecting her last night?"
Kyo rubbed the back of his head and smiled, "I guess I was more tired than I thought."
Noki sighed and Lunehtiel rolled his eyes and went back to cooking. You looked over to Kyo who sat down on the other sighed of you and took your hand. "Did you sleep well?"
You nodded and blushed. "Yep, I slept really good actually. Until I noticed a furry demon kitty sleeping beside me."
"Oh so you noticed..." Kyo looked away from you and blushed. "I just wanted to, you know... make sure you were protected..."
You laughed and patted his head.
From another door came in Chase, yawning loudly. He looked around sleepily at everyone and winked at you. "Why didn't anyone wake me up?"
Noki looked at him and sighed again. "Why aren't you wearing a shirt?"
Chase pulled your chair back so he could hug you. "So I could hug Kira here without a shirt on."
You giggled and hugged him back.
"Who wants breakfast?" Lunehtiel yelled from only a couple feet away.
You jumped up out of your chair and ran for the food. "I do!"
All of the guys looked at you, suprised. You just shrugged and made a plate full of waffles with syrup and whipped cream and strawberries. You also grabbed a couple pieces of toast with strawberry jelly and sat down while they still stared at you. "Isn't anyone else going to eat...?"
"If there's anything left..." Chase teased and Kyo hit him in the back of the head.
"I was just kidding," he laughed and hugged you again.
You growled as he reached out to take some of your toast and threatened him with your fork.
He snapped his hand back and looked shocked. "Sheesh... remind me not to mess with you when you're eating."
You laughed and after everyone had sat down with their food you all ate.