Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(14)Being a bad girl

You stood up and walked over to the door. It had been hours since Sato had left you and were starting to wonder if he was going to come back. Images of you rotting on the floor came to mind and you shook your head. *If he wanted me dead he wouldn't have sent that little dragon thing into give me food.*
You sighed and examined the door. It was huge, made of wood with steel bars so there was no way you could break it down. *Not that I could break a regular door down anyway...* you thought sullenly as you backed away from it and returned to your bed. It was so boring being locked in a room. You had already looked around and found that the room only contained a bed, a table ,a chair, and another door that led to a very small bathroom. A sudden thought came into your head. You ran to the middle of the room and screamed as loudly as you could before collapsing onto the floor.
In a few minutes the door opened and there was a small gasp and someone dropped to your side to shake your shoulders. You peeked your eyes, barely open to see who it was thinking it to be the dragon but instead it was a girl, thin and pale with a very worried look in her eyes. Without thinking you jumped up, overpowering the girl and pushing her back away from you ran out the open door to your freedom.
Or so you thought...
But turning a corner you found yourself smashing into Sato. He looked down at you surprised as he held you away by your shoulders then grabbed your wrist and dragged you back down to your room. The girl that you had seen earlier was standing in the hallway shaking and followed the both of you into the room, where Sato slammed the door shut. He threw you onto the bed and turned his attention to the girl who backed away from him, her head hung low.
"What where you doing to let her escape?" He yelled pointing to the door.
She seemed to squeak softly and kept her gaze on the floor.
"Must I cut off your fingers as well as I did your tongue?" he yelled gripping her hand in his, pulling back one of her fingers until it snapped, broken.
She silently screamed, and you could see well enough that she did not have a tongue. You turned away as he continued to break another one of her fingers and dropped her hand which she put under he other arm to guard it. He pointed to the door and yelled for her to go, which she did not delay in doing.
He turned back to you, his eyes calm now, but still looking angry. He walked up to the bed and smirked at you. "So you're going to be a bad little girl are you?" He asked wrapping his entire hand around your neck and picking you up. You struggled and clawed at his hand, as the sudden lack of air panicked you. "Bad little girls have to be punished," he said gripping your neck tighter until you felt like he was going to crush it. At the last minute he let you go and you fell to the bed gasping for air. "I trust you'll behave from now on..."
"Never..." you whispered, as it was all your voice could do. It triggered Sato's anger again and he reached back and slapped you hard across the face with the back of his hand sending you flying across the bed and onto the floor on the other side. You laid still as he came and looked down on you.
"You will learn some respect for your new master," he said in a quiet but powerful voice and left the room.
"I have no master..." you whispered to the darkness looking up at the door. Whether he could hear you or not, he did not come back and you slowly got up, moving your arms under you until you lifted yourself into a sitting position. You got up fully and went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. A big purple bruise was forming on your right cheek and it touched even to graze it slightly with your hand. Blood also ran in a thin stream from the corner of your mouth and you dabbed it with a towel to stop it and went back into your room and collapsed onto the bed. You weren't tired... but somehow you managed to fall asleep.

The smell of food woke you from a less than restful sleep. You opened your left eye, since the one on the right was slightly swollen and hurt and looked up to see the girl and the small black dragon both in your room. You sat up and watched as the dragon again put the heavy tray onto the table and scurry out the door, closing it behind him.
The girl sat on the bed beside you, her head down until she looked up at you and put a cold washcloth filled with ice, up to your cheek. She couldn't meet your eyes, but you saw hers. They were a very light grey, and almost appeared devoid of life. She seemed completely drained, but still living somehow. You looked down at her other hand and saw that the fingers that had been broken were swollen purple and red and still bent at an odd angle.
"Are you ok?" you asked taking the ice from her hand and letting her go. "I'm sorry I caused you so much trouble..."
She looked back at you and smiled weakly, looking apologetic herself before closing the door as she walked out.
You took the rag from your face and put it down on your pillow. It wasn't really helping and was actually making you pretty cold.
You looked over to the tray, feeling your stomach growl. You hadn't eaten what was left the last time, but you were practically starving now so you opened the tray and peered inside. It all looked pretty normal upon inspection. Some slices of apple and orange with small strawberries off to the side. Some kind of meat that looked like chicken and a piece of fresh bread. Yes it all looked ok except for what was in a small glass to the side. It was deep red in color and when you brought it to your nose and sniffed it it smelled very much like blood. You were more curious than anything so you brought it to your lips and took a small sip from it, but immediately regretted it. You spit it out and threw the cut away from you. It was blood... *But why would he give me blood to drink?* You wondered, wiping your tongue on the blanket of your bed. The rest of the food looked alright, and since you were so hungry you ate it all without leaving the smallest of crumbs. You were surprised he had even decided to keep feeding you and you never knew when he was going to stop. Your stomach full you laid back down on your bed, staring at the ceiling, wondering where the guys were and what they were doing...

Kyo ran ahead in cat form through a dense forest sniffing the air to catch the slightest scent of you. *Please let her be ok. Please let her be ok.* Was the only thought that ran through his head. If he let his mind wander then he started to think of you laying dead somewhere or even worse at the hands of Sato. So he kept his mind on one thing. You being ok and safe in his arms again. He jumped up and climbed a tree to survey the tops, but then saw Lunehtiel flying over him, his wings stretched out. He looked sadly up and down and then jumped back down to the ground where Chase was waiting.
"Find anything yet?" He asked hopefully as Kyo changed back into a Neko.
Kyo looked down and shook his head sadly. "How are we ever going to find her if we don't know where she's at?"
"You heard Noki," Chase said, putting a comforting hand on Kyo's shoulder. "He's got his magic to help and once we know where he's holding her we'll go no matter what. But we might as well look a round until he finds out."
Kyo nodded and looked up at Chase with a slight smile of appreciation for his brother. "Better get looking again then..." and with that he took off again into the forest, shouting your name.
Chase watched him leave and shook his head as he looked down. He knew looking for you was pointless, since you were more than likely no where near here, but he didn't want to crush Kyo's spirit and maybe looking for you gave him a little bit of hope as well. Sighing and shaking his head again he followed after Kyo.