Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(17)Flying over fire

"How are we ever going to find her?" Lunehtiel asked annoyed, as they seemed to be getting no where. They had left the stairs only to be welcomed by complete darkness and had been walking in circles for what seemed like hours now. "We might not even be anywhere near her."
"Do you think I'm that stupid?” Noki turned and asked angrily, a fire in his eyes. "Do you think I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm just guessing? Kira's life is at stake. Do you think I don't care about her at all?"
Kyo and Chase got between the two as they looked at each other challengingly.
"He didn't mean it like that...." Kyo tried to say trying to calm Noki down.
"Are you so sure about that?" Lunehtiel asked, as Chase put his hands on his chest to keep him from going forward. "I wouldn't be surprised if you did lead is in the wrong direction. You never did care about her..."
Noki growled and threw Kyo and Chase out if the way and approached Lunehtiel creating a ball of fire in his hand while Lunehtiel picked the rocks up off of the ground and held them in front of himself with his mind.
Kyo ran up to them and yelled as loudly as he could, "Stop it. Can't you see what's happening?"
Noki held still glaring into Lunehtiel's eyes. Neither made another move to harm the other, but also did not stand down.
"It's this place..." Kyo said, panting as Chase came up to him. "Being here again is making us all revert back to our more savage nature. But we have to fight it. For Kira..."
Again they stood still, glaring at each other. Chase looked down at Noki's hand and readied himself to use his ice if he had to, even though he didn't wish to use it against his brother.
Finally Noki closed his eyes and the fireball vanished and the rocks around Lunehtiel dropped to the ground again. They looked at each other for one more minute before Noki turned and continued to lead them to you...

You backed away from the river of fire, finding it very hard to breath as you got close to it. You looked from side to side seeing that the river must go on for miles. The other side wasn't that far, but there was no other way. You looked back at Ariel and the dragon. You wondered...
"You can fly right?" You asked the dragon walking up to him.
He gulped and nodded slowly looking behind you to the river.
There was only one way, even though you hated to admit it. Walking around could take too much time, if there was a way around at all. You had to ask, "Do you think you could carry us, one at a time, to the other side?"
The dragon went to the side and examined the distance. He probably knew too that it was the only way, because he looked back at you and nodded again, trying to look confident.
"Alright, take Ariel first," you told him and he flew into the air above Ariel's head. She smiled as she grabbed onto his back legs and he carried up into the air. You went as close to the side as you dared and watched as he safely flew over and put Ariel on the other side.
She waved and jumped up to show you she was ok and you smiled waving back. The dragon, flew back over, cautiously avoiding the heat and flew above your head. You gulped and looked up, taking a hold of his feet and told him you were ready. Holding yourself onto him wasn't easy, and the heat made your hands weak and slick with sweat. You tried not to look down, but eventually your eyes betrayed you and you saw the fire looming below you, as if it were only inches away. You closed your eyes tight and held on, trying to move your hands into a better position, but one of your hand suddenly slipped and you were hanging by one hand looking down into fire. You screamed as you tried to pill yourself back up, but your other hand was slipping fast and you couldn't reach. The little dragon squeaked in alarm and beat his wings faster to get across, but it was too late. With one movement you were falling, with a small screech down into the flames. You could feel the heat gazing your skin, but then all you could feel was cold. Strange since you were falling into fire, but you landed on something hard and cold. You opened your eyes and found that things had gotten much darker and you were sitting on ice, sliding toward the side with Ariel. And standing beside her was Chase, shaking with his hand open and ice coming from it.
You stood up, trying not to slip and ran as fast as you could towards him. You made it to the other side, and jumped into his arms.
He held you close to him, stroking back your hair. "Kira... what are you doing out here?"
"I wasn't sure if you would come or not," you sobbed into his chest. "I didn't want you guys to get hurt... I didn't know..." You couldn't say anymore and you clung to him as if you were still falling.
After a few moments you stepped back, and wiped away your tears, smiling up at Chase.
"Kira!!!" Kyo yelled and jumped on you out of no where. You laughed and fell to the ground with him, hugging him tight.
"I missed you too, Kyo," you laughed sitting up with him, awkwardly on top of you.
"You have no idea how worried we were and then there was fighting and yelling, and we saw you falling, but Chase saved you before any of us could," he said all in one breath and you kissed his cheek softly making him blush and get quiet really quick.
Lunehtiel helped you to your feet, and engulfed you in his arms instantly. "Good to see you're ok..."
You smiled up at him. "Oh were you worried?"
You looked past his shoulder and saw Noki standing behind him, watching you. You gt out of Lunehtiel’s arms and walked up to Noki, and threw your arms around his neck. He was stiff at first, but then slowly loosened up and hugged you back, grasping you tightly as if he might have never seen you again.
You laughed as you looked around at them all. They had come... the were willing to risk anything to save you... You hugged them all again, together then stepped back remembering what situation you were in. Sato would be home soon... and he would not be happy to see you gone.