Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(19)Dream of the past

Chapter 19

Dream of the past

The walk to wherever you were going seem torturously slow. The hallway you walked in was empty, with only small flickering torches to lead you. Noki kept his forward, and Ariel looked over at you, and smiled as if she knew everything would be alright. But she had been tortured by Sato for who knows how long... Whatever happened now would probably be a relief from getting your tongue cut out and all the other torture she went through.
You tried to keep your breathing and walking steady. If you were going to face the guys dad then you didn't want to show him any fear or weakness. You were going to be related to him someday. Maybe he wasn't as bad as the guys made him out to be... and maybe he wanted to rip your heart out. You’d never know if you didn't walk through the door that you soon came upon. It opened slowly as you got near it and inside was a huge table with Kyo, Chase and Lunehtiel sitting at it. You went to run to them, but Noki held you back with his hand on your wrist.
"Don't worry about them," he whispered in your ear as you watched them sadly. Kyo has gashes across his face that were bleeding badly, Chase's left arm looked broken and his entire left side was burned, and Lunehtiel was completely missing his right wing. They were healing, but slowly and it looked very painful. Kyo smiled weakly as you walked up to the table and his cat ears, since he was in neko form, perked up a bit seeing you were ok. You went to sit down beside him, but something stopped you and a force picked you, Ariel and Noki up and put you down in chairs away from each other. You tried to move, to stand, and get out of the chair, but something held you down to it. Unfortunately, you were sitting next to the empty chair of your host, who was more than likely Azathoth, their father.(that's their dads name in case you're wondering)
You looked across from you, seeing another empty seat, and dreaded who might be sitting there. Some murderous zombie who was going to make you the first course? No worse...
You watched as Sato materialized in front of you into the chair. He smiled and looked you up and down. "Well, well did you really think you could escape?"
You felt your face burning with anger. You were getting pretty sick of him showing up just when things looked like they couldn't get any worse. You glared and tried to bite him as he moved to brush the hair out of your face.
He pulled his hand back and shook it, laughing. "Feisty huh? Well, we're going to have a lot of fun later. I told you, you would be mine."
"In your dreams, pervert," you replied, "Actually not even in your dreams. Because the dream me probably hates you just as much as I do."
"I wouldn't be so sure about that, from the dreams I've had of you," he said, looking you over again.
You crossed your arms across your chest and tried to scoot back away from him, "You're disgusting!"
"Leave her alone, Sato," Chase growled from beside you. "Why don't you let us go, and we'll finally settle this."
"Because he's not the one holding you here," the same dark voice from before boomed and a shape came out of the darkness. It was Azathoth. "I am."
He took his seat next to you, at the head of the table and looked each person, besides Sato, over coldly. "My children... so good to have you all together again. And this fair creature," he looked to you and took your hand, kissing it gently, "Must be your salvation."
You didn't understand what he was talking about and he must have been reading your thoughts because he went on to explain.
"My worthless sons must not have told you everything. I'm sure they told you that you are going to marry one of them?"
You nodded, completely hypnotized by his eyes, which glowed like embers.
He nodded and chuckled softly. "Yes I suppose they would have to to drag you into this. Did they tell you how it came about that you would marry one of them?" You nod and he continues, "That much is true if you want to save their lives. But..." he stopped and took your hand and looked deeply into your eyes, "if you choose to, I will erase your memory of this entire thing, and you can go back to living your normal human life. Doesn't that sound more appealing?"
You couldn’t believe it, but you were actually nodding. You didn't want to, but you couldn't stop yourself. And in your mind you were wondering if maybe it would be better. Going back to where you didn't have to worry about demons or being captured or being killed or going to hell or anything. Just going back to being Kira, and going to school everyday and seeing Jake and being pushed down in hallways. It all didn’t seem so bad compared to your current situation. You could hear Chase telling you something from beside you, but his words were lost as you felt darkness closing in around you. You closed your eyes, and felt your head fall to the table in sleep.

An annoying ring entered your ears and you threw your hand out, slamming it on top of your alarm clock to silence it. You picked your head up off of your pillow and looked around at your room, noticing that the sun was shining in from a window. You rolled over onto your back and looked up at your ceiling. "What a strange dream..." you mumbled to yourself, remembering dreaming of living with four demonic guys who were each trying to win your heart. You sighed as you sat up from your bed. "Like anything interesting like that would ever happen to me..."
You walked from your room to the bathroom and took a quick shower, seeing that you were going to be late for school. You ran downstairs and grabbed your backpack heading for the door.
"Kira, don't forget breakfast," someone yelled from behind you.
You turned and smiled at your mom, as you grabbed a piece of toast saying, "Thanks mom," and ran out the door.
You walked to school the way you always did in the morning, with a book glued to your face and entered the school only to be greeted by Jake.
"Earth to Kira, come in Kira," you heard Jake laughing and stopped reading looking confused. You could have swore you had heard him say that before. You shrugged... *My days are so alike they must be running into each other.
You felt him shaking your shoulders and shooed his hands away feeling uneasy. "Not now Jake..."
You walked away from him and bumped right into Lisa, the most popular girl in school. "Watch where you're going freak," she said, dusting her clothes off.
"Sorry..." you muttered and walked past her to your first class. You sat down across from Jake and looked over at the empty chair next to you. "Didn't someone used to sit here?"
Jake laughed. "We've been the only two sitting here since we started this class. Are you feeling ok?"
"Yeah..." you said softly looking at the empty chair. "I just feel like something's missing..."
Jake shrugged and the class went on like usual. You had the hardest time with your math, and wished someone was there who knew what they were doing. You imagined a cute guy, with golden eyes and spiky brown hair sitting beside you, smiling as he takes your hand.
You jumped as you heard from beside you, ""Kira. If you and your boyfriend can't keep your hands off of each other then maybe you will have to be removed from my class," and answered, "Sorry he was just helping me with math."
The teacher looked down at you, confused. "Kira, I only asked for last nights assignment."
"Oh," you shook your head again and rubbed it with your hand. It was really beginning to throb as images of the guys flit through your head. and their names began to form. "Who are you...?" you asked out loud and got up from your chair. "What do you want from me?!" You screamed and ran from the room. You clutched your aching head and ran ahead blindly, hoping the names and faces would vanish and that you weren't going completely crazy. But suddenly you bumped into something solid and looked up into the face of the cute guy you had been imagining in class.
He held onto you, looking into your eyes, smiling as he leaned down close to your face. "Wake up Kira..."

You screamed and bolted up right, finding yourself in the dinning room with everyone. You breathed quickly as you looked around from Sato's smiling face to the guys who looked worried. The dream had felt so real... and so strange. To not know the guys gave you the worst feeling you had ever had in your life and there was no way you were going to do that to them. You looked over at Azathoth and glared. "I'd rather die than go back. I love each of these guys with all my heart and there's no way I'm going to abandon them now."
Azathoth glared back and you met his gaze, which only seemed to infuriate him more. "Alright then. You had your chance. You now belong to Sato."
You looked over to Sato who began to laugh. "And soon I will kill them and have all their powers."