Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(2)Match made in Heaven

You chewed on the end of your pencil, trying to figure out the complicated algebra problem. *Five times 10 equals x times z q p?* You sighed and beat your head on the table a few times before Jake reached across the table and stopped you. "I hate math..." You groaned, letting your head fall once final time to the table.
Kyo looked at you in interest and wrote down the problem you were working on. Since he was new the teacher had given him problems from past lessons to get caught up on, but he was already done with everything. He scribbled a few things down before pushing your paper back to you in triumph.
You slowly lifted your head and glanced at the paper in amazement. "How... did you do that?"
"It was easy," he said, cheerfully explaining how to solve the problem and it actually made sense. So much sense that you wrapped your arms around him and squealed, "You're my hero!!!"
"Shhhhh," Jake cautioned as he sank down into his chair, but the entire class was already looking your way and the teacher was up and walking towards you.
You blushed slightly and removed yourself from Kyo as the teacher came closer. "Do I need to separate you two already?" He turned his attention to you now and looked at you gravely. "Kira. If you and your boyfriend can't keep your hands off of each other then maybe you will have to be removed from my class."
You didn't hear all of what he had said after he had called Kyo your boyfriend. "Sir I-"
"My apologies, sir," Kyo spoke up, wrapping his arm gently around you. "It's just so hard after we've been apart for so long."
You didn't know what was going on, so you softly whispered in Kyo's ear, "What the heck are you doing? I'm not your-"
"Shhhh," he hissed in your ear. "Just play along."
You nodded slowly, still unsure of what to do, but somehow you trusted him, and having his arm around you didn't bother you at all.
The teacher sniffed disapprovingly and motioned for Kyo to let you go. "I see. Still that kind of behavior is not accepted in school."
"I understand, sir," Kyo apologized once again and you nodded as you both settled back into your seats.
Jake stared at you unbelieving. "You two...? Kira I never knew you-"
But you were too lost to answer his questions. "What are you trying to do?" You asked Kyo, ignoring Jake.
Kyo smiled and ruffled your hair. "I dunno. Just thought it'd be nice to have a girlfriend. And this way girls won't be endlessly pursuing me."
You were shocked. "You could've asked before you go telling the entire class. It's going to spread to the whole school before-" But you could already hear the whispers around you. It would be around before you even got out of class, as you saw one of Lisa's friends rush out of the room with a hall pass.
"You can't tell me you're upset about this," Kyo said smugly as he put his arm around the lower part of your waist. "I mean look at me."
You pushed his arm away and crossed your arms. *Well isn't he just cocky...* "I don't even know you," You answered a little louder than you had intended. People stopped and looked at you again before talking again. The rumors were going to fly and there was nothing you could do about it. But what was so bad about being a girlfriend to a hot, smart, funny, nice guy? *Nothing...* you thought as you bit your lip and looked him over. "Alright, I'll give it a shot," you agreed, but slapped his hand away as he tried to put his arm around you again. "But you don't touch me unless I say so."
"Got it," he smiled boyishly and pulled his hands back.
"Someone want to tell me what's going on?" Jake asked loudly after listening to the whole conversation and still being lost. "You're going to pretend to be his girlfriend?"
You shrugged and looked innocent.
Jake looked at the two of you like you were crazy, but finally decided to be quiet and go with it.
You kept your eyes down the rest of class until lunch came and then you bolted for the door before Kyo or Jake could reach you. You ran to the bathroom and stared at yourself in the mirror as you held yourself above the sink. *Can I really do this?* You asked yourself, feeling nauseous and unsteady, *Can I really fake being this complete strangers girlfriend?* You then felt like you were whining. You decided that this could be a good opportunity for you and you would take it without question. *It's not like he's a demon* You laughed at the thought and ran to catch up with Kyo at lunch.

You went to the lunchroom to find people sitting down or standing in line. Jake walked up to you and handed you a bag of chips, the usual thing he always got for you before you sat down at the table with your friends. But first you had to find Kyo...
You found leaning against a wall, casually talking to Lisa as she fawned over him. The sight made you a little jealous and you walked up to confront the two of them.
"So like I was saying you shouldn't be with such a loser like Kira, you should be with-" Lisa stopped talking(for the first time in her life...) and Kyo's eyes sparkled as he looked past her to you. She tuned and looked at you very snobbishly and gasped when Kyo walked over to you and took your hand, gently laying a kiss on your cheek. "Thanks, but I don't go out with sluts."
*Hooray Kyo!* You cheered in your head and watched as Lisa seemed to have a melt down. It must have been the first time she had ever been rejected, the poor girl. Not...
You clung to his arm as you both sat down at your table with your friends and everyone turned curious eyes to the two of you.
"So we heard about the two of you..." Yuni said as she poked you in the head. "Why didn't you ever tell us you had a long distance boyfriend?"
"Well it never came up..." you answered nervously, hoping Kyo had some kind of explanation for everything.
"We met a long time ago," he said smoothly, without error. "I had to move away with family, but just recently moved back. We've kept in touch since then, and promised that we'd wait for each other."
There was a chorus of “awwwwws” from the girls around you and you felt a small feeling in your heart as well even if it wasn't true. You felt Kyo gently squeeze your hand and you squeezed back.

At the end of the day you went to your locker to grab your things and go home. It had been a long day of chaotic emotions and plenty of drama and what you needed was a hot bubble bath and some sleep. You wearily put your books into your bag and slammed your locker shut only to find Kyo standing on the other side waiting for you.
"Do you need something?" You asked, trying to sound pleasant.
Kyo didn't seem to notice, but looked more serious than you had ever seen him look before. He took your hands and looked straight into your eyes. "Kira, I need to-" he stopped, looking behind you as Lisa and her HUGE boyfriend walked up.
*Oh great...* you thought as you mentally sighed remembering what Kyo had said about Lisa earlier.
Cane, Lisa's boyfriend, pushed his finger into Kyo's chest and looked down at him angrily, being taller than Kyo himself. "I hear you called my girlfriend a whore!"
Kyo shrugged, seeming disinterested and pushed Cane's finger off of him. "I think that assumption is right seeing as how she has you for a boyfriend and was trying to get me to be with her."
Cane's face distorted in even more anger as he looked questioningly back to Lisa.
"That's not true!" She shrieked pointing an accusing finger at Kyo. "He tried to get me to sleep with him and when I said no he called me a whore and went to her!" She pointed to you now.
"That's not true!" You yelled at her, ready to take her on if necessary.
"You tried to sleep with my girl?!" Cane asked and exploded into action as his fist swung through the air, aimed for Kyo's face.
It, however, made contact with the locker.
Cane pulled his hand back and screamed in pain as his knuckled turned bright red and purple. He fell to the ground holding his hand under one arm.
"Serves you right, you big oaf!" You scolded and looked back at Kyo, not questioning how he had gotten away from Cane so fast. It seemed of little importance.
Kyo grabbed your hand and you both made a run for it as teachers came out of their classrooms to see what was going on. Kyo seemed to move impossibly fast and you had to tug him to a stop to keep him from tearing your arm off.
"Need... air..." you breathed heavily as you leaned your hands on your knees and gulped in deep breaths.
"We’re far enough away now," Kyo said calmly not even close to being out of breath.
"Alright," you stood up tall still catching your breath. "What is going on with you? You move here out of no where, want me to be your girlfriend, seemingly disappear when you're about to get pulverized and then run faster than anyone I've ever seen. Who are you?"
"I was trying to tell you before," Kyo looked conflicted and he held out a piece of paper for you. "I need to talk to you. Meet me at the address on this paper."
You opened your mouth to respond, but he was already off and running nearly out of sight. *That boy sure can run...*