Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(24)Noki's date, part 2

As you got closer you noticed little blue and purple flowers sticking up from the ground. Their smell wafted up to your nose and you inhaled happily, taking in their scent as the wind blew it up to you.
Noki came from behind and tugged on your hand, beginning you to the edge of the water, where you stared down at your reflections in the water. You had to admit, watching to the two of you, that you didn't make a bad looking couple. Sudden images of the children you might have entered your head, and you shook them away, blushing, hoping Noki hadn't been able to see what you were thinking.
He only glanced sideways at you, and smiled, giving you no real hint as to if he knew or not.
"It's so beautiful Noki," you said breathlessly as he took your hand in his. You couldn't believe how well this date was going and how far you had come with him. When you first met he was cold and distant and didn't really seem to care at all about whether you were with him or not. But now... looking into his eyes you really could see how much he cared about you. How much he wanted to be with you, even if he couldn't find the words to say it. It was wonderful, and again heartbreaking at the same time as you thought of the other guys and who you would chose. It was so impossible to ever imagine choosing one of them right now, and you didn't want to bring your mood down and ruin the date.
Noki seemed to sense your trouble and squeezed your hand tight in his own. "I want you to know, Kira, that no matter who you choose to be with I will always carry my feelings for you in my heart, and I will always be there for you should you need me."
You could hear the hidden pain in his voice, at the mention of you not picking him, but were glad for his words. If nothing else you wanted to remain friends with all the guys and Ariel. You didn't want to cause a fight between them and unravel the entire family again as their father had. But with his words you felt your heart beat fast and you raised yourself up and kissed him deeply while wrapping your arms around his neck, creating a romantic moment that you never imagined you could. And unfortunately it didn’t end as you had hoped, as Noki suddenly lost his balance from the surprise of the kiss and started to tumble backward into the water.
You landed with a small splash and scream on top of Noki, and were stunned as the cold water hit you. But Noki dragged you to the top and you gasped for air as you hit the surface.
He looked at you, and laughed shaking his head. "So much for romance."
You glared at him, but then smiled and splashed at him with your hands.
He looked at you, shocked for a second that you would dare, but then splashed you back. The two of you had a water until Noki finally reached out and took you in his arms, kissing you.
You smiled against his lips, and pulled back and swam for the shore, leaving him to follow. Once you were out you wrung the water from the bottom of your dress and shook out your arms and hair while he did the same and reached over his head and took off his shirt.
You stared at him, having no idea why he thought he didn't look good, since without his shirt on he was pretty hot. There was one thing that stood out most of all though... A huge scar that ran down from his right shoulder to the bottom of his left side. He followed your gaze down to his chest and looked angrily down at the scar, trying to put his shirt back on.
"Wait," you stopped him, taking his hands down from his sides and ran your hands along his chest and side,(wow... bad thoughts of Noki just entered my mind... bad me. but seriously you're all touching him does anyone else start to think anything like that? maybe I'm just a pervert lol but yeah that would be oh so perfect to make a scene like that but I've got some pretty young girls reading this sooooo I'm gonna keep it clean) touching his scar from tip to tip.
He looked down at you, watching you touch him and blushed, as he too began to get those thoughts(lol) and didn't stop you from touching him until you looked up at him, your eyes full of tears. "Who did this to you?"
"That's what fathers anger could bring," he sighed and turned from you. "When he learned that I was going to study magic and become as my mother was he was furious and lashed out at me. Ariel did her best to heal it... but it left this nasty scar. Probably because of my human side I don't heal as well. But you're the first person to ever touch it," he said gratefully, taking your hand in his own and staring deep into your eyes. "You're proving yourself to be more wonderful than any other girl I've ever known each second I spend with you."
You smiled and poked his nose, "And you are proving yourself to be more charming than when we first met."
Noki nodded looking down. "Yes... but you must understand how I felt compared to my brothers. Any girl could have gladly chosen them over me in a heartbeat. The simple fact of you giving me a chance means more to me than you'll ever know." He raised your hand to his lips and kissed it, his breath hot on your skin making you feel a longing you had not felt for any of the guys until now(sorry o.o I just can't get the though outta my head...)
You gulped and looked up at him, as he pulled your hand away and looked into your eyes, his filled with longing as well, but a longing that could not be met. Not on this day anyway... You pushed yourself up on your toes and crashed your lips on to his and felt his arms wrap around you, pressing you close into his body. There you stood for long moments, kissing, wishing, longing until finally he released you, and as you opened your eyes you saw that you were back at the house.
He led you by the hand back to the back door, and stood there, holding on to you as if he would lose you forever if he let you go. "Remember what I said tonight. No matter who you choose-"
You pressed your finger against his lips to silence him. You couldn’t bare him to say it again, and have to think of breaking the hearts of three of them. So you kissed him one last time, holding him in your arms as tight as he did you, and ran from him, up to your room where all of your emotions hit you at once and you could feel the fresh tears running down your face. *How am I ever going to choose...?*
"What's wrong, Kira?"
You looked up from your pillow and saw Ariel standing at the end of your bed, looking at you with concern. "Did you not have a good time with Noki?"
You sat up and looked down, "It was one of the best nights of my life... that's the problem."
Ariel sat down beside you and looked confused. "How is that a problem? Isn't that good thing?"
You almost laughed at her innocence. "It would be if I didn't have to choose between all four of them. How am I ever going to choose, Ariel? You know your brothers..."
She nodded. "I know... they're each so wonderful. But in the end you will feel something so much more for one of them. You'll know who in the end... until then you'll just have to give each of them the equal chance they deserve. And hope for the best..."
She laid a comforting hand on your shoulder before she stood and left you, to wonder and imagine spending your life with each of them. How it would be different... how it would be great. And still you couldn't decide. You sighed and buried your head in your pillow again. That was a decision for another day...