Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(27)Talk with a friend

You woke up with a start as Kyo stopped moving and someone yelled from a doorway in front of you, "Where the heck have you been?!"
It was Chase. And he did not sound happy...
You could hear the sound of running feet, and more yelling from Lunehtiel now, "You can't just take off with her whenever you want Kyo. Especially with everything that just happened we didn't know if the both of you had been kidnapped or-"
"Oh shut up!" Noki yelled at Lunehtiel coming up from behind him. "You saw the note and knew that he had taken her and that she would be perfectly fine so stop being such a drama queen."
Lunehtiel's face got red with anger and he turned and walked back inside.
"If anyone should be upset it's me," Chase said stepping up to be only an inch away from Kyo's face. "You didn't let Kira decide who's next. You broke the rules so you shouldn't get to see her anymore."
"I was being spontaneous," Kyo argued pushing past you. "And that's a lot more than any of you can say about your dates. Right Kira?"
You laughed and waved your hands, "Hey don't bring me into this I was happy with everyone."
"I should get to watch over her while she sleeps then," Chase announced taking a step towards Kyo to get you off of his back.
But Kyo jumped back with you and hissed at Chase. "Back off, I'll take her," he growled and they stared at each other for long moments before you spoke up.
"I appreciate the offer guys," you said hopping off of Kyo's back. "But I can take myself up to bed if you don't mind. Thanks for the wonderful day Kyo," you smiled and kissed his on the cheek. "Goodnight everyone," you waved at each of them and ran into the house.
Kyo started to follow you into the house until Chase whispered coldly from behind him, "You're going to pay for this Kyo."
Kyo laughed, "What are you going to do? Nothing... so stop with the threats."
As he walked inside he could feel Chase's hate burning into his back, but he ignored it.
"Calm down, brother," Noki put a cool hand on Chase's shoulder, but he tossed it off and went after the two of you inside.
Noki watched as he left and sighed heavily. Things were definitely about to get bad between the four of them...

Inside, you walked up to your room and plopped down on your bed humming to yourself. It really had been a good day, and you couldn't wait to see what Chase had in store for you. You held up your burnt panda and looked into it's eyes smiling. You had managed to clean it up some, but it was still pretty burnt. It didn't really matter to you though. Chase had brought it back from your house, and it was all you really had from your past life. Thinking about it made you think of all the friends you had left behind. You sat up and looked out to your window. *They won't miss me if I slip out for a little while... I'll leave a note.* you nodded your head, making your decision, knowing you shouldn't just leave without telling them or bringing one of them with you, but hopefully they wouldn't even notice you were gone.
You grabbed a pen and piece of paper and scribbled a note about going to see some friends and made your escape through your window, down a tall tree that reached up to it. You were pretty good at climbing, having done it so much when you were little, so it was no problem. You hit the ground with a small "oomph" and took off running. It wasn't that far of a run, you had walked there the first time you had come, and soon the town's lights came into view. You knew exactly where you were going, Jake's house. He must be worried sick, since your disappearance. You climbed up the side of his house, and did the secret knock the two of you had made up when you were little, on his window. No light, no answer.
You did it a few more times until his light came on and he opened the curtain to his window and looked out. He stared unbelieving at first, mouthing your name then opened the window.
"Kira?" He said reaching out. "You've come back to haunt me haven't you?" Suddenly he turned very pale, and fell back into his room, passed out.
You sighed and giggled stepped down into his room. He always was dramatic, but what did he mean, "You've come back to haunt me, haven't you?"
You kneeled down beside him and shook his shoulders lightly. He still laid there, mumbling something. "Come on, Jake, I don't have time for this," you muttered and slapped his face.
He sat up straight suddenly and put his hand to his face. "Geez Kira, that hurts ya know."
"Sorry," you laughed and sat down on his bed, "But I needed to wake you up."
Jake stood up in front of you and waved his hands in front of your face.
You looked at him, getting annoyed, "What the heck are you doing?" You asked slapping his hands away.
"Making sure your real," he reached out and touched your face, running his hands down to your neck. "I heard that in the fire... you died."
Your eyes widened in shock. "Who's been saying that?"
"Everyone," he sighed and sat down at his computer and looked you over, as if he was never going to see you again. "How are you still alive anyway? That fire completely consumed your house. Your mom... you do know about your mom don't you?"
You turned your head from him, tears coming to your eyes, and nodded. "Yes... but it wasn't the fire that killed her."
Jake got up and sat down beside you, and his arm around you. "What do you mean?"
You looked up at him thinking, *Should I tell him... about everything that's happened? He's been my best friend for so long...* "Ok..." you finally nodded, agreeing with yourself to tell him. "I'll tell you. But you can't tell anyone, and I mean it mister," you poked him in the chest, showing him how serious you were.
"Ok I get it," he rubbed his chest, and held out his pinky and entwined it with yours. "And if I tell, you may cut both of my pinkies off. Now what's going on?"
You bit your lip and looked down, wondering where to begin, "You know that new guy who was in school, Kyo?"
Jake nodded, his face shadowed for a minute. "Yeah the guy claiming to be your boyfriend."
You nodded slowly, "Well... turns out he's a demon with three brothers and sister who are also demons and I have to marry one of them or they'll all die and one of them set my house on fire trying to save me from the fallen angel Sato, he’s the evil guy in all this who kidnapped me and took me to hell where I saved their sister and almost got killed and met this cute little dragon thing named Ember, and now I'm living at their house and going out with them one at a time and and-"
Jake put his hand over your mouth to stop the endless flow of talking as you hadn't even stopped to take a breath in telling him all that. He looked at you, confused, like you were crazy then started laughing. "Ok Kira, whatever drugs you're on you should share."
You punched him in the arm as hard as you could and bit his hand making him take it from your mouth. "I'm serious! They're all demons and I have to marry one!"
Jake looked at you, and suddenly believed you, from the look you were giving him. "Kira demons don't exist..."
"Then how am I living with five of them? Oh and not just demons. Their sister is half angel! Does that make it more believable?" You sighed as he blinked at you, and laid back on his bed.
"Ok, ok," Jake finally said, looking behind him at you, with your hands over you face. "I believe you. So can I meet them?"
You glared at him between your fingers. "You better be joking," you said kicking him off of the bed.
He laughed landing on the floor, "What? I've always wanted to meet a demon, and if you're living with them what's the problem?"
"Let's see," you sat up and looked at the ceiling thoughtfully, "They're demons. They're demons... and oh yeah did I mention they're demons?"
"Ok, calm down," he put his hand back over your mouth and looked over to his door where someone was walking by. They stopped at the doorway, but then moved on and Jake slowly took his hand from your mouth. "So what are you going to do?"
You shrugged, looking down at the floor. "What can I do? I mean... I like them all a lot."
"Ohhhh," Jake said teasingly, poking you. "Kira's in love."
"Am not," you blushed and waved his hand away from poking you anymore. "I just... I want to stay with them. I don't know... I think I might be falling in love with one of them(think about whichever you want here since it is your choice.) That's crazy right?"
Jake sat back down beside you and put his arm around your shoulder, comfortingly. "You can't control who you love, Kira," he said holding you into him.
"I know that," you said sadly, leaning into him. "But... I don't want to hurt the others. They all seem to love me... and I just don't know what I'm going to do."
Jake nodded and was silent as you went on to tell him about all the guys.
"There's Kyo, who you've met. And he's such a sweetheart. He's a neko by the way. He can turn into half cat or fully a cat. Then I met Chase. He's such a perverted, jealous creep sometimes. But he really cares about me too. He has ice powers. And Noki... at first he was really stand offish and acted like he didn't want to be near me. But he's really changed now and would do anything to protect me with his magical abilities. He's also half human. The only half human of them all. Last is Lunehtiel. He's really cool too. He has wings and he even took me flying! It was lots of fun. All of the guys care for me so much and would do anything for me. They even walked right into Hell to save me. That's where I met their dad, and boy was he mean. He wanted Sato, the evil guy I told you about, to kill all his children and steal their powers then take me for his own. But Noki ended up killing him, and then we went home. And I wanted to see you so... here I am." You smiled, looking over at him, seeing he was shaking his head again.
"That's pretty crazy," he said softly, but then smiled as he looked up at you. "But I believe you. So what's going on now?"
"We're just going on dates," you shrugged laying on your stomach on his bed. "I had a really great time today with Kyo. He took me to a carnival, but then he asked me kind of something big..."
Jake leaned in close and whispered, "What? Did he ask you to marry him or something?"
You shook your head and leaned up to his ear and whispered what Kyo had asked you. His face instantly turned red and he got off the bed and walked to the other side of the room, facing away from you. "Well w-what are you telling me for?"
"Cause you're my best friend," you giggled laying back down. "And because... I don't know what to do about it. I thought maybe you could give me some advice."
Jake's face slowly got back to it's normal color, but he stayed beside the window. "I don't know... That’s something you have to decide on your own, you know?"
"Yeah I guess," you mumbled laying your head on your hands, as you yawned. "I've just never done anything like that..."
Jake stared outside, unable to meet your gaze for the longest time until you stopped talking. "Kira...?" he said turned around, but saw that you were fast asleep. Laughing softly he took blanket, tossed it over you. He looked down at you, realizing that you were truly beautiful, and that he, always being your best friend had never noticed it before. He leaned down and gently kissed your cheek whispered, "Goodnight Kira..." before laying down on his floor and going to sleep.