Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(28)Sister

Ariel watched as the guys came in and all went to their own rooms, Kyo looking satisfied, Chase looking furious, Lunehtiel looking angry, but not quite as much as Chase, and Noki looking like... Noki. Thoughtful and silent as usual. She heard two doors slam as they went their separate ways, and looked up the stairs, towards your room. Quietly she crept up to your door and knocked softly, but got no answer. So she walked right in, only to find that you had disappeared. She looked around the room, in panic at first until she found the note laying on your pillow. She read it over and shook her head, smiling. She could definitely understand needing to go out and away from the turmoil the guys were creating around you. Although she loved her brothers, she knew how they could be around a girl. Thinking about it, her eyes wandered to the closet and she looked at it thoughtfully, wondering why they had chosen to give you this room of all the rooms in the house. Shrugging she shook her head and put the note back down and walked outside, meeting Kyo on his way to your room.
"What do you think you're doing?" She asked, standing in front of your door, with her arms crossed.
"I just wanted to check on Kira," he said honestly. "She ran off so quickly... we didn't really get a chance to talk. I just wanted to make sure she was ok after the fighting."
"She's fine," Ariel lied, a hint of a smile on her lips, "But she's very tired. Sleeping even. You should leave her alone until morning."
Kyo nodded and began to walk away, until Ariel placed a cold hand on his shoulder. "Brother... what have you all told Kira about? She does know everything, doesn't she?"
"What do you mean?" Kyo asked confused.
Ariel's eyes turned to ice as she led him down the hallway and stairs into the living room. "I mean... everything. I already know that she knows about all the demon stuff. But what about...?"
"About Misa(I hate Misa off of Death Note just so everyone knows. buuuut I kind of like the name)..." Kyo finished her sentence. "No... I don't think it's nesse-"
Ariel's eyes again looked him over coldly. "It is necessary. Suppose one day she finds out and then turned to you wondering why you had never told her. If you were going to marry her... if any of you were going to marry her would you really want to start it out with secrets?"
"I'll tell her," Noki suddenly intervened showing up, "I'm used to having to tell her everything. No one else has the guts..."
"I do too," Kyo said clinching the couch underneath him. "I just... I'll do it ok? Just give me some time..."
Ariel and Noki both nodded. She put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "It was not your fault, brother. But it still needs to be known."
Kyo nodded and touched her hand, feeling a cold tear run down his face. How could he possibly tell you... that he felt responsible for the death ... of the girl he once loved...

"Ahhh!" You screamed as you woke up and jumped off of Jake's bed. You looked down, feeling something warm under your feet and jumped seeing it was Jake. You rubbed the back of your head and smiled, "Sorry Jakers. Forgot where I was."
"No problem, Kira," Jake said in a whisper trying to get himself to breath normally after you had knocked the wind out of him. He sat up and looked around. "Morning already?"
You followed his eyes to the window and saw that the sun was already up. "Yeah. Wait? Morning already?!" You freaked out and ran for the window. "Sorry Jake. they're going to kill me, gotta go. I'll come visit you soon."
"Wait," Jake pulled on your arm, just as you were about to climb out the window.
"Huh..." you stopped and looked back at him, seeing a funny look in his eyes. "What is it?"
"Well I just wanted to let you know," he looked down blushing and mumbled, "You really are beautiful..."
You could only look at him remembering all the days of being best friends with him. If this was the time he was going to make his move... well too late. So you smiled and waved climbing out of the window. "Thanks Jake. You're pretty cute yourself. I'll talk to ya later." And you climbed down, and took off back to the house leaving Jake feeling like he had just been rejected, even if in the nicest way.
He felt jealously well up in him thinking about the guys who would get to spend the rest of their lives with you. Especially over Kyo... mostly because he was the only one he had seen so far. Suddenly he felt so much hate... so much rage... so much-
"I can help you, if you want the girl," a dark voice whispered in his ear making his skin go cold. "But you must help me kill them..."
Jake didn't dare move at first from the evil sound in the beings voice that was whispering behind him. He did want you... more than anything right then. But was he willing to break your heart? You seemed so happy with them... the way you had talked... and even saying you thought you loved one of them. Again the jealously returned. *If those guys had never shown up she'd be mine anyway... I deserve her.* He decided and turned to the dark fallen angel, Sato, who was standing behind him and said one thing, "What must I do?"
Sato sneered at how easily humans were manipulated and began to whisper his plot out to the boy...

You ran like hell through the forest of trees, and back to the house. But when you burst through the doors no one was downstairs. *Maybe they went out looking for me....* you thought until you went into the kitchen and sat down at the table. A few minutes later Lunehtiel walked in and smiled at you.
"Morning Kira," he said heading to make breakfast. "You're up pretty early. And you haven't changed your clothes..." he shrugged and went to cooking.
"Yeah..." you said softly as you left the kitchen and began to walk up to your room. *How could they have not noticed I was missing... did no one even try to check on me...* You opened your door and were met with Ariel sitting on your bed.
She looked up at you and smiled sweetly, with Ember sitting on her lap.
"Hey, Ariel," you yawned and fell over on to your bed, exhausted. "What are you doing up so early... and in my room?"
"I saw you came home, and I wanted to make sure things were ok," she said giggling to herself. "I saw what happened with the guys last night.. I can't say I blame you for wanting to get away. That's why none of them know you left. I found your note and told everyone to leave you alone."
"Thanks," you laughed and sat up. But looking at Ariel you saw she suddenly looked serious. "What's wrong?"
She shook her head, turning away from you. "Nothing. Just tell me if you go out like that ok? I worry as much as they do," she laughed which made you laugh and the too of you ended up laughing.
"Sorry," you said laying back again. "I just wasn’t sure if you'd tell them or not..."
She shook her head again. "No I understand. But tell me one thing..."
"Ok," you agreed looking at the ceiling.
"If something’s wrong... you'll tell me right?"
You turned your head and considered her expression for a minute. Cold mixed with a twist of guilt and worry. You didn't want to worry her anymore, so you smiled and waved her off, "Sure, I mean we are like sisters. Except I have to marry one of your brothers. Which makes the whole thing sound kind of weird." You started laughing again, but she only lightly chuckled.
"I'm glad," she walked over to you, leaned down and hugged you tight, "I always wanted a sister. And I got stuck with four brothers..."
You laughed again and watched her leave, frowning once she was gone. *She seemed like she had something else on her mind... something's going on... and I'm going to find out about it one way or another.* You decided and nodded to yourself.