Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(29)Pictures of her

You peeked outside of the room, to make sure no one was walking around in the hallway. Once you made sure it was completely clear, and heard no footsteps you ran for it to the end of the hall and turned the corner into a hallway you'd never been in where all you found were empty room with dusty old furniture. You supposed they had given you the room they had because it was close to the stairway, and the guys rooms. Out here in the middle of hallways and rooms you could scream and no one would hear you.
You made your way in the dark, bringing out a flashlight now as you entered a part of the house where the lights were out and not wanting to bring attention to yourself you had brought a flashlight for just such a situation. You turned it on and looked around, finding that you were in front of another stairway going up.
*Maybe it's an attic...* you thought taking one step onto one of the creaky steps. *People always keep old things in their attics. If I'm going to find anything it'll be up there...* And slowly, not wanting to fall through the stairs, went up until you were in a huge room filled with all sorts of junk. Books, birdcages, tables filled with old toys, boxes of clothes and other things.
You walked up to the toys and ran your hand over them, making your imprint in the dust. They were their toys from when they were younger. You picked up a stuffed kitty with the name "Kyo" embroidered into it. You suddenly dropped it as it made a meowing noise and stood frozen, but laughed at yourself as you picked it up again. You were all nerves, so you shook your hands out to try and calm down and moved on to a small wooden box on the floor. Lucky for you it wasn't locked, and when you opened the lid you saw hundreds of pictures of the guys and Ariel when they were little. They were all so cute...
When you got to the bottom of the stack there was a photo album with a large red heart on it, and your heart beat loudly in your chest.
You opened it slowly, and peeked inside seeing pictures of Kyo. But he wasn't alone... there was another girl with long blonde hair and green eyes. Pictures of her sitting with him. Eating with him. Hugging him. Kissing him... You popped one out from the back of the album page and looked at the back where it read, "Me and Misa, the love of my life."
You dropped the picture and stared into nothingness. It had never occurred to you that these guys had lives, and loves before you came along. And what of Misa? Did he abandon the love of his life to come and try and get with you? It was a terrible thought and you shut the box with all the pictures and stood to leave, but tripped over another box behind you and sent more pictures flying all around you.
"Ouch..." you mumbled getting up on your hands and saw that there were more pictures laying around you of the other guys and the strange girl, Misa. They were all over her in these pictures, hugging, kissing, and all of them read something about them loving her more than anything. It made you feel cold... like maybe they had been lying. Like maybe something terrible had happened that was about you happen to you too. Or that maybe they left her to come and be with you. You picked up a couple of the pictures and shoved them into your jacket pocket and ran from the attic, wanting to have nothing to do with it. This huge secret of another girl was enough of a shock and it was all you could take for now. You found your way through the maze of hallways back to your room and fell on to your bed, wondering what to do next. If you confronted them would they lie? If you left... would they let you go? You knew in your heart there had to be a perfectly good explanation, and didn't want to leave, but you had to hear it. And know why they hadn't told you about it before... You decided you would confront them, whether they lied or not. It was worth a shot, and if you really wanted to leave they couldn't stop you.
But walking downstairs and getting close to the living room you found that you didn't need to. They were already talking about it or so that's what you could hear so you crept as close as you could in the shadows and listened.
"I've decided that we should tell Kira about Misa," Kyo said to the other guys who were all sitting around him.
"What?!" Chase exploded first. "Are you crazy?"
Ariel gave him a harsh look and he calmed down and sat back down in his chair, letting Kyo continue.
"I'm the one who killed her, so I should be the one to tell her..."
You gasped, putting your hand over your mouth to keep it from being heard. *It's true then... Kyo killed...*
"I don't like this," Lunehtiel said, crossing him arms over his chest. "Something like this... could make us lose Kira forever. We are all to blame..."
"It WAS his fault," Chase growled, on the edge of his chair. "Let him tell her... and let her hate him for it."
Kyo looked so pained you wanted to smack Chase suddenly. "I didn't mean to... I didn’t know what to do…”
"But in the end it was your fault," Chase stood up, getting dangerously close to Kyo. "How do we know you wouldn't do the same to Kira..."
That was all Kyo could take and he swiped out suddenly with his claws against Chase's face. Chase didn't waste anytime to throw Kyo onto the floor and start hitting him and the two of them started and all out battle with each other making the living room bloodier by the second.
"Stop it!!!" You yelled coming out from your hiding place and the two of them stopped and stared at you while the others got them off of each other.
"You wanted to tell her Kyo," Chase sneered wiping blood from his mouth. "Here's your chance..."
Kyo looked at you, like he would die, "Kira..."
"I don't need to hear anymore," you said irrationally backing away from the room. "I don't know what happened. But I need to leave...
"Kira wait," Kyo jumped and grabbed your arm, slicing him claws deeply into you making you cry out in pain. He pulled back your blood all over his claws and you held your hand over the wounds and ran from them, the house, and all this mess before you made things worse than you already just had.