Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(31)Someone has a crush

You looked at Noki like he was crazy. "You're crazy," you laughed turning away from him.
"No I'm not," Noki said seriously putting his hand on your shoulder and turning you around to face him. "You brought that boy back to life," he pointed to Jake, who was still confused as to what had just happened, "You never had reason to use your powers before. I can teach you..."
"I'm not a witch," you said shaking your head as you tried to turn away from him, but he held onto you looking into your eyes. You saw a light within them, glowing bright and silver and it seemed like you were falling into it until different colors were swirling around you and him. You felt something coming out of you, flowing from your entire body, and a light purple light mixed in with the dance of silver light from Noki.
"That is your magic," Noki said steadily, never taking his eyes from yours. "With it you will be able to do anything."
You couldn't deny it, you could feel it circling you, touching you, moving against you. You wanted to reach out and hold it, caress it, feel it in you, but as Noki closed his eyes it disappeared back inside of you. You blinked, unsure of what had just happened. "Did that light come from me?"
Noki nodded, taking your hands. "You have been suppressing it inside of you all this time, afraid of being too different. Afraid that if people ever knew they'd take you away. But I won't let that happen."
You stood still as he hugged you, feeling completely overwhelmed by everything that had been happening. You were afraid that you were going to go crazy before it was all over.
"Thanks Noki," you said softly, as he released you and stepped back. "Jake..."
"Yeah?" He came up behind you and put his hand on your shoulder.
You touched it and smiled back at him, "Would you mind coming to stay with me for a few days?" You asked, not bothering to ask the guys if they cared or not. If they wouldn't let him then you'd go stay at his house, but with Sato running around again it wasn't a very safe idea. None of the guys said anything about it, as you expected and Jake nodded. "I guess that'd be ok. Just let me get some stuff."
"We'll come with you," you said grabbing Chase's hand, who was nearest to you since Noki had backed away. "You guys can go home," you said to the others and with Chase followed Jake back to his house where he packed a bag of stuff while you stood outside his window with Chase.
"Do you think it's a good idea to bring him?" Chase asked looking up at the window thoughtfully. "Could be dangerous."
You laughed. "Jake was just killed by a fallen angel and brought back to life by me, his best friend, who only now is finding out she has magic powers. And I already told him everything about you guys..."
"He likes you," Chase said looking down at you now. "You do know that right? He may even be in love with you... do you think it's wise to keep him around when he has no chance with you?"
"I've never claimed to be a wise girl," you said thoughtfully, looking back into his eyes. "But... I want him around me. He's always been my very best friend. And everything that's happening is just crazy. I need something around me that's normal, from my old life. And don't think I've forgotten about what happened with Kyo..."
Chase chuckled softly. "You should've let me teach him a lesson."
"No," you shook your head and looked down at the ground. "Why did he kill her? I found these pictures..." you fumbled around in your pocket until you found them and handed them to him. "All of you loved her... so what happened?"
Chase sighed looking down at the pictures and crumpled them in his hand. "You should never have found these... it was an accident. A long time ago. It's better if we all just forget..."
"But-"
"Kira," Chase said seriously, giving you an icy look. "Don't bring this up. We have you now. She was never like you... So please don't bring it up again."
You nodded to him, looking down again, left to wonder what terrible secret it was that they had because of her, and if you would ever find out.
"I'm coming down," Jake said from his window and dropped his bag down for Chase to catch.
He climbed down the tree and landed not so gracefully on the ground nearly falling. But he recovered and smiled as you held onto him to keep him up. "I told my mom I was going to be at a friends. But I felt like climbing out the window."
You giggled and shook your head while Chase sneered and shoved Jake's bag into his hands. "Gee..." he whispered to you once Chase had walked away. "Someone needs a little anger management."
"Shh," you whispered pressing your finger to your lips and laughing as Chase looked back at the two of you.
"Are we going or what?" he asked impatiently.
"Yeah, yeah," you sighed and made the short walk back to the house where Kyo was sitting outside, looking anxious. He stood up as you approached the house and looked at you, like he was waiting for it to come.
But you just smiled and waved and walked past him into the house with the others.
He breathed in relief, for now, even though he knew someday the death of Misa would come up again. He could just be thankful that that day wasn't today....
You ran upstairs, and showed Jake to a room down the hall from yours where he would be in easy access if you needed him. It was a simple white room with a bed and closet.
"Not much in the way of luxury are they?" Jake laughed scratching the back of his head.
You pushed him and crossed your arms over your chest, "Be nice you're the guest."
"I know," he dropped his bag on the bed and looked around. "So... what do we do now?"
"I don't know," you shrugged. "I actually haven't gotten much time to just sit around being kidnapped and in danger practically ever since I've been here. Or been on dates... which reminds me," you left his room and bumped right into the person you were going to look for. Chase...
"Oh hey," you took his hand and led him away from Jake's room. "So when are we going on our date?"
Chase looked down at you with a strange look. "What date?"
"Our big date," you said impatiently. "How can you not remember?"
"Maybe I don't remember because I'm not taking you on one," he said simply and began to walk off, leaving you to look stupid.
"What do you mean you're not taking me on one?" You asked, getting in front of him to keep him from walking away.
Chase sighed and gently pushed you to the side. "I don't Kira... you've got three other guys to choose from. I think you're being pretty selfish just expecting us to fall over ourselves because of you and do whatever you want. You're acting like a spoiled princess and that's not the type of girl I want to be with."
You were at a loss and stood there as he walked away. It was cruel what he had said... but was he right? *No...* you shook your head. *I was giving each of them a chance... he's just mad because I made him go last.* You sighed and walked back to Jake's room, but found that was gone. "Jake...?" You looked around, and left going down the hallway until you heard voices in another room.
"It's nice meeting you," you heard Ariel's voice from the doorway as you snuck closer and Jake mumbled some reply then came rushing out.
"Hey," you grabbed his arm and pulled him to stop. "What's going on?"
Jake was blushing red as he answered. "I never thought their sister would be so pretty."
You laughed. "You think Ariel's cute? That's great!" You said sincerely, hugging him around the neck, glad he would have someone else to admire instead of you.
"Yeah..." he said sadly. "She'd never wanna go out with me though."
"How do you know?" You asked trying to push him back in the room. "Won't until you try."
"No! Kira! No!" he yelled and Ariel came running out of the room.
"What's going on?" She asked worriedly looking from you, who was trying to push Jake into her room, and Jake who was resisting.
"Jake has a-"
Jake clamped his hand over your mouth and began to pull you away out of sight, yelling back to Ariel, "A- a bad cold!" He fakes sneezed. "Yeah better stay away from me, don't want you to get sick, bye!"
He pulled you around a corner and finally let you go.
"What the heck are you doing?" You asked as he let you go. "You like her don't you?"
"Yeah, but I... don't want her to know that." He stuttered looking back around the corner to make sure she hadn’t followed.
You looked at him like he was crazy. "Then how are you going to go out with her if you don't tell her you like her?"
"I'm not..." he mumbled.
You shook your head, already determined you were going to play match maker whether they liked it or not. "Ok then. I'll see you later then." And patting him on the back you walked away, laughing and plotting how to get them together.
♠ ♠ ♠
After this Chapter the guys, and Kira will be taking a temporary vacation over to, Bride to a vampire? But I’m still in high school! If you don’t read that story, and want to see what’s happening to them for the next few days then I suggest you go and read it ^-^ I do crossovers with both sets of characters throughout the two stories, and on into the sequels SO I think it’d be nice if you read them both, so you’ll understand better. Thank you ^-^

****so you're a witch now? Yeah you needed some kind of powers. I didn't want Jake to die even though you will not have him as a choice to be with. It has to be one of the four guys, NOT including Sato. Sato's my love slave. But the rest of the guys take your pick****