Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(35)Enough fighting already!

The minutes went by all too quickly, but Kyo soon found that you had fallen asleep. He desperately had wanted to tell you all that was in his heart, and even had been thinking of proposing to you, but how could he when his brothers were also wanting you for themselves? He didn’t want to hurt anyone… but he felt like he wanted you so much more than they did. That he could give you everything, if only he was given the chance. Some measly date wouldn’t give him that… he had loved going out with you, but he wanted more. He wanted to feel you against him, with him, in a way no other guy should, but the one you love.
His hands traced over your bare arms, and you grew goose bumps and turned slightly in your sleep. As you turned, he looked down and saw that now he could see half of your face, the other half against his chest. His body grew warm, and he only wrapped you in his arms tighter, to keep the cold away as the wind blew lightly and brought a chill. He couldn’t take his eyes from your face though, thinking of how beautiful and perfect you were in the starlight, and how he so wanted to kiss those lips and take you as his own… Slowly, he leaned down, until his breath was hot on your skin, and he could feel your own small breaths reflecting back on him.
Closer and closer he got until your soft lips brushed against his, and his body tightened feeling a thousand emotions going through him at once, that he had never felt for any girl, not even Misa. His lips felt dry, but as he licked them he ended up licking your own, and almost lost himself, tasting how honey sweet they were. It was agonizing how badly he wanted you, and how he could do nothing about it, but as he leaned closer still, and pressed his lips fully against yours you suddenly moved in your sleep, and reached up and slapped him hard against the face, sending his face back against yours in shock.
You yawned, feeling the jolt of him moving away and opened your eyes to look back at him. “What happened… did I fall-” you stopped as you saw the look of utter shock on his face, and looked closer to see his slowly reddening cheek. “Kyo what happened to you?”
He just stared at you, unable to talk for the moment, completely taken by surprise by your sleep attack, and he resolved to never do that again. But then, it was worth it, so if he ever got the chance he probably would. He cleared his throat, and looked away from your innocent face, “I almost feel asleep myself,” he smiled nervously and rubbed the back of his head, “Then we probably would have ended up on the ground.”
“Oh,” you giggled, and his heart melted with your smile. “Well we should probably be getting back then, huh?”
“Kirrrrrraaaaaa!” You heard Chase yelling in the distance, and looked over to Kyo and laughed.
“Yep, they’re getting worried,” you laughed.
“Yeah, about you…” Kyo pouted, and jumped down from the tree branch. He raised his arms up to you, and you fell into them, knowing he would catch you.
And he did. He held you there, in his arms, against his body, as if he was reluctant to let you go, but then he sighed and put you on your feet. “Come on then,” he turned and began to walk back home.
You had a plan though, and smiling as he got far enough away, you ran and jumped onto his back, almost making him fall on his stomach.
“Kira, what the-”
“I thought you wouldn’t mind carrying me,” you interrupted. You were tired, and you knew Kyo wanted to be close to you, so this was for the both of you.
He steadied himself on his feet, and looked over his shoulder to you. “Oh, alright. You only had to ask.”
You winked, and smiled, “I wanted to surprise you.”
The walk home was silent, with a few comments on how beautiful the trees and stars and everything was, and of course, Kyo remarking the same about you, and it still made you blush.
As usual, when you got to the house, everyone was standing outside waiting for you, looking worried, even though they should have known you were with Kyo.
Chase, as usual also, was the first to confront him, “Where the hell have you been?”
“With Kira,” he smiled bravely, glancing back at you.
You smiled as you pulled yourself up to look at Chase, who glared back, unhappy that you had disappeared for hours. But more so that it had been with Kyo. That was just how the brothers were though. Kyo and Chase had their feud and Noki and Lunehtiel had theirs. It never really got too out of hand, but the jealously thing was getting old. You had been our with Kyo, big deal. Chase was the one who had said he didn’t even want to take you out, so who was he to complain about you going out with Kyo? Even though you hadn’t really gone out, you were just concerned for him so went to look for him and sat with him for awhile. That so doesn’t count as a date. Maybe you were just getting weird emotions, but Chase was seriously starting to annoy you, when every time you took interest in Kyo, he would have to butt in.
You jumped down from Kyo’s back, and walked around him to face Chase. When you got to him, you put your finger right into his chest and poked him hard, “Now listen here. I’m getting fed up with you treating Kyo like he’s a plauge. If you don’t recall, and from what I’ve seen of your intelligence you probably don’t, I went after him, willingly. And now here I am, unharmed, as always when I go somewhere with him. And also, you were the one who called me a spoiled princess and then further told me you don’t want to go out with me. So you know what? I don’t want to go out with you either!” You then stormed off, inside of the house, leaving both Chase and Kyo speechless for the moment.
Kyo watched wideeyed after you, “That was…”
“Scary…” Chase finished for him, and they both looked at each other and followed after you, though not really sure if that was such a good idea.
Noki didn’t think so, or at least that’s what he said when he stopped them before they reached the stairs. “You two are the cause of this,” he explained, already walk up the stairs to your room, “I’ll talk to her. Try to stay out of trouble until then…” Yes, it was a good plan, to put it off as that, but he really just wanted to be with you alone. None of them really got the chance to be with you, alone, unless they could sneak you away somehow, and here was his chance.
He gently rapped on your door with the back of his hand and from inside, you yelled as you opened the door, “That better not be you, or so help me-” You stopped, seeing Noki’s face in the doorway, not who you expected, but even better. “Sorry…” you looked down, embarrassed, “I thought you were Chase…”
“I thought it better if someone else come and talk to you,” he smiled gently, and followed you into your room, closing the door behind him. “They can be real idiots at time, belive me.”
You sighed and sat down on your bed, “I just hate all the fighting that goes around here. We have enough enemies… so why do we have to fight with each other?”
Noki looked thoughtful and sat down beside you, “We’re brothers. We don’t mean the things we say… And we are all fighting for a very lovely woman… You Can’t expect us to always be so civilized.”
You blushed, realizing that he was talking about you, “Thanks… I think.”
He laughed and put his arms around you, so he could pull you into him. “You know it’s true. Even if it wasn’t, do you realize what an amazing girl you are? There’s no one quite like you… which is good and bad.”
You always liked it when someone told you you were different from the masses, “Why is it bad?”
“Because, one of us won’t have the pleasure of being with you forever,” he sighed and got to his feet, and gently laid a kiss on your forehead, making you blush like crazy, “And there will be no replacing you, not even close to, with any other girl. But now you should get some sleep,” he reached behind you, grabbed your stuffed panda and put it in your arms, “Goodnight Kira,” and with one last kiss to the forehead, he left.