Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(36)Escape with Chase. Wait... what?

But you couldn’t sleep, not now anyway. You weren’t even really tired, but what to do? Noki would have been away from the door, but you were bound to run into someone if you went wandering around the mansion. You looked to your window, considering jumping out of it and going walking around outside, but that would only get you in trouble. You needed someone to take you somewhere. Someone who wasn’t afraid to get in trouble… Someone who could easily stand up to people. Someone who was a complete jerk if need be…
“Chase?” You whispered, gently knocking on his bedroom door. It was not a place you usually liked being, but he was the only one who wouldn’t mind doing what you needed him to. Besides he still owed you a date, and he was going to take you on one whether he liked it or not.
“Yeah, yeah, hold on,” there was shuffling inside, then Chase opened the door wide, once again not wearing a shirt. He crossed his arms over his chest, and smirked as he leaned against his door frame. “Well, well. Look who’s coming to my door so late at night.”
You looked down, blushing, “It’s not what you think, pervert…”
“Oh, no?” He shrugged and put his hand on the door to close it. “Then I guess I’ll just go back into my room then.”
“Stop,” your hand slammed on the closing door and stopped it. You looked up at him, desperately, “I need to get out of this place… Just for a little while. I thought maybe you would want to go with me, but if not-”
”More like get you out,” he interrupted as he laughed, and winked at you, “Right, love. Just let me put a shirt on. Unless you prefer me this way.”
You shook your head, unable to speak, and still looked down as he went back inside and grabbed a shirt. When he came back out, he jingled a pair of keys in front of your face and took your hand, leading you back into his room.
“What are we-”
“Just trust me,” he said, as he opened his window, and taking you in his arms he leapt out, a sheet of crystal ice forming under his feet to catch the two of you. When you were on the ground, he carried you, walking softly through the back yard.
“I can walk you know,” you said, squirming in his arms.
“You make too much noise,” he commented with a smile.
You were going to argue the point, but decided it was useless. He would say anything to have you so close to him.
You got to the garage near the side of the house, and he put you down and went inside. He came out rolling a black motorcycle in front of him, and he signaled for you to follow him out into the street.
“You’re crazy if you think I’m riding that thing,” you said, crossing your arms over your chest.
Chase turned and laughed. “You don’t have much choice. We either go or stay, and this is how we go.”
You huffed, knowing he was right, “Well don’t I even get a helmet?”
“Come on Kira,” he swung his leg over and got on, and looked back at you. “Live a little. Be dangerous. Besides, I wouldn’t let anything happen to you.”
Once again you had no choice, so you got on behind him.
He reached around and pulled your arms tight around him, and you blushed as he smiled back at you, then turned on the engine with a roar. “Better hold on tight, babe,” he warned and then took off at what seemed to you, was the speed of light.
He was right about the whole holding on tight thing, because if you didn’t you would have fallen off at the start. But it was kind of nice, being pressed against Chase’s warm body, holding onto him. There had been few opportunities for you to get close to Chase, and you knew there was more to him than the badass image that he put on. That’s just what you were finding out about all the guys though, that there was more too them than what you saw or heard around other people. When you got alone with them, they could really open up. And as much as you liked a bad boy(because what girl in her right mind doesn’t) you also really liked a sweet, loving, caring guy too. Why couldn’t there just be a guy with all those qualities?
You tried to yell over the wind to see where you were going, but either Chase couldn’t hear you, or he was ignoring you. Either way, you’d just have to wait and see.
It was a beautiful night though, the stars shining brightly overhead as you headed into the area away from the town where you lived, and into utter darkness. You looked at the stars and imagined what could be out there looking back at you. That kept your mind busy until you came to a sudden stop and realized that you were still in the middle of no where.

Chase got off in front of you, and gave you his hand to help you off as well.

“Where are we?” you asked, looking around. There weren’t any trees or anything around, just a field, with a fence around it.

“Come on,” he waved you over, and held open two pieces of barbed wire for you to slip between.

Sighing, you did you best, but ended up ripping a big hole in the leg of your jeans(I’ve done that a million times…) You didn’t pay any attention to it though, as Chase led you out to the middle of the field and laid down in the soft green grass.

You looked down at him, wondering what you were supposed to do, when he laughed and patted beside him, “You just going to stand there?”

“Well I was thinking it’d be better than laying beside you,” you laughed and laid down beside him.

“Ouch,” he put his hand over his heart, and looked serious, “That really hurts me you know…”

“Really?” you tried to see his face to tell if he was being serious or not, and he definitely looked hurt. “I’m sorry I didn’t-”

“Babe, I’m just kidding,” he laughed(ugh I hate when my boyfriend err fiancé lol does that to me! You know where you say something and you’re just kidding and they act like it really hurts them and then they’re just kidding… hate it! But love him lol) and put his arms behind his head. “The stars really are beautiful aren’t they?”

That was deeper than most things you heard him say, so you went with it, “Yeah. One of the most beautiful things in the world, I think.”

“Not nearly as beautiful as you,” he commented, never taking his eyes from the sky.

You sat up and looked down at him. Maybe what you had been thinking earlier was true. Maybe there was a deeper side to Chase than you knew of.

“And no body has a finer-”

“Why you!” You yelled, feeling his hand on your butt, and turned and tried to slap him across the face but he caught your arm before you even got close. You glared down at him, “I actually had a thought for a minute that you might be sweet, and different than what you are all the time, but now I see you really are just a big, stupid-”

He cut you off, with his lips pressed against yours in a passionate kiss. He pulled you down, over and on top of him, so he could run his fingers through your hair, and hold you close.